BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Rumours & Speculation

20 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

So they’ve had recent approaches from potential buyers, but will only consider selling us if we get promoted to the PL… problem is, they as our owners won’t do anything to help us achieve that.

Sickening stuff, we’re gonna be stuck with these clowns forever at this rate 👎

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

well at least we know they have approaches from potential buyers. 

Wouldn't want to lose Szmodics inn the summer if we get the right offer tho and a chance of PL he will go. He will go with our best wishes and his performances and goals this season have been outstanding. 

28 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

So they’ve had recent approaches from potential buyers, but will only consider selling us if we get promoted to the PL… problem is, they as our owners won’t do anything to help us achieve that.

Sickening stuff, we’re gonna be stuck with these clowns forever at this rate 👎

Mental isn't it.

We literally have no chance of ever looking upwards.

• Like 4

Interesting that we’ve had approaches, which proves that there are people out there who would take us on despite a number fans repeatedly saying ‘no one will buy us’. 

The depressing part is that they will only sell us if we get promoted to the Premier League which is never going to happen. Suggests they want to recoup some of their investment as they would be able to command a bigger fee should we be back in the Premier League. Dark days ahead.

• Like 2

They’re waiting for a Luton style miracle and it’s not going to happen.

Luton had a small budget, but on and off the pitch the club was aligned. We have a small budget and a bunch of clowns running the club.

We’ll never get promoted and the never-ending nightmare continues.

• Like 3

It's Nixon so it's a half truth at best and unless anyone speaks directly to a head Rao they've no idea the feelings on selling the club IF there is genuine interest.

Often get the feeling there is a buffer between here and Venkys on this subject and the people sat comfortably in the middle of that in the shadows are the ones who don't want to see it sold but don't care about progress either.

Because it's very comfortable and lucrative and peaceful for them sat there.

• Like 5

When did Nixon's word become gospel? I think very few people know what is going on and what those idiots think. And he isn't one of them.

He is to journalism what Kean to managing.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, DanielMB said:

How Venkys are this rich is a miracle. They must be the worlds worst investors.

You're saying that, but there's folk in this country who own sunbed shops, car washes and vape shops who are driving round in very expensive cars, it isn't purely down to the success of said establishments.  There's quite often more to it than meets the eye.... 

• Like 2

Rovers will be an attractive proposition to a potential buyer. I’ve always said it 

A relatively good ground. Chances of further investment with the Riverside. Great facilities and academy. Good history and a solid high level English football club

The whole “who will buy us” is based on this £20m a year Venkys are supposedly putting in. The more I think about it, the more I’m doubting that’s true. How can it still require that much give the downscale we’ve had? 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Rovers will be an attractive proposition to a potential buyer. I’ve always said it 

A relatively good ground. Chances of further investment with the Riverside. Great facilities and academy. Good history and a solid high level English football club

The whole “who will buy us” is based on this £20m a year Venkys are supposedly putting in. The more I think about it, the more I’m doubting that’s true. How can it still require that much give the downscale we’ve had? 

The market for football clubs below Premier League level has radically changed since I wrote there were unlikely to be buyers.

There are undoubtedly potential buyers out there willing to lose substantial sums.

Nixon doing his usual trick. Spending every week outside a transfer window adding a new supposedly interested team in a player we know will likely be sold, an easy article for any idiots who pay their hard earned money to have access to his weekly nonsense. Come the summer, he will go to one of the then considerable list of supposedly interested clubs, then he will pat himself on the back and his disciples will point out how he broke the story first.

• Like 3

On 17/03/2024 at 12:46, rovers11 said:

Venkys will never want to sell the club. They'll only sell if they are forced to. I despise them. 

I could understand their stance if they actually took an interest - but we're just left to rot in the corner. It's beyond baffling. 

• Like 3

Who'd be remotely surprised if they chucked 6 months at 80k a month at Fleck, plus agents fee of course.

Half a million straight down the bog but we can't cut ST prices !

Represents everything that is wrong with this club and football in general.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

Remember how desperate we were, remember Wharton going, Trav loaned out, injuries and a blob of the first Wharton instalment landing.

Remember Ennis, remember the repeated cock ups trying to sign decent players.

Nobody can be remotely surprised if they took a 4/500k till the end of the season gamble and lets be honest if he's on half that it's still a stupid punt.