SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Rumours & Speculation

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

nixon🤣

he  singlehandedly brought  down the berlin wall

he persauded the ira to lay down their arms

maybe he could get putin to stop annexing ukraine

He wasn't the president of the United States for nothing you know?

• Like 5

On 21/02/2024 at 20:05, Upside Down said:

And they get away with people thinking everything is just incompetence because they are so fucking useless.

As useless and thick as people like swag are, they know how to complete a transfer.

I was about 95% sure the O'Brien deal was deliberately sabotaged and I'm now 100% all three of these deals were pulled deliberately.

I feel for O'Brien and the other players we know (and don't know about) who have been fucked by this. 

The one thing that will happen is our recruitment reputation is down the loo.

Can't imagine many players wanting to risk a deal with rovers after this shit show.

So venkys win.

They don't even have to avoid spending money.

Players and agents won't deal with us in fear of an obrien situation, sitting waiting for a month to find out they aren't registered and can't play here. 

Edited by NeilInBristol
Typo

5 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

nixon🤣

he  singlehandedly brought  down the berlin wall

I thought that was Knightrider not Nicko ?

Maybe they are one and the same.......

Pears wouldnt be a massive loss in normal circumstances. He is decent but a considerable downgrade on Kaminski and he does make mistakes so a club with ambition could improve on him.

But that isnt us and he is far better than the clown sitting on the bench and anyone we would likely get on a pittance with Broughton picking.

Seems like a lazy link anyway.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

They could offer the Raos double their money but the arrogant sods would dismiss it.

The Indian government could force their hand. They clearly don't want them owning us and sending significant sums of money out of the country. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

The Indian government could force their hand. They clearly don't want them owning us and sending significant sums of money out of the country. 

I'd love a British consortium to buy us - whether they exist is another matter.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

The Bahrain Royal Family are looking to buy an English club. Rovers suggested as one of those possible clubs by The Mirror. We can dream I suppose. 

interesting. Given it would cost £400m to buy Brentford according to the same article. 

Rovers would cost very less and then they could invest in the club and improving for less half of that in my opinion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rovers11 said:

No chance.

We'll carry on plodding on like this for a good while yet.

• Like 2

I always said they'd still fund the club at some level or other even if less than 3k turned up every week and 3 stands were shut such is their seemingly ignorant stubborn attitude towards it all.

Only way they'd sell is if forced one way or another.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

interesting. Given it would cost £400m to buy Brentford according to the same article. 

Rovers would cost very less and then they could invest in the club and improving for less half of that in my opinion. 

All bias aside, surely Rovers would be a more attractive proposition than Brentford?

Brentford have a few years of Prem money in the bank, granted, but for facilities, history, potential, you'd take Rovers.

As a rebuild project, it wouldn't take too much time or money to get us back to the level Brentford are currently playing at.

Edited by Andy
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

No chance.

We'll carry on plodding on like this for a good while yet.

Probably but if they ever do leave then it will be due to political or economic enforcement imposed on them, so there is a glimmer of hope if a serious offer does come in given the pressure they are under from the government.

They certainly won't leave due to fan sentiment or protests, they couldn't care less about that.

40 minutes ago, Andy said:

All bias aside, surely Rovers would be a more attractive proposition than Brentford?

Brentford have a few years of Prem money in the bank, granted, but for facilities, history, potential, you'd take Rovers.

As a rebuild project, it wouldn't take too money time or money to get us back to the level Brentford are currently playing at.

Depends on what they want 

IMO, It's would cost £50m to buy us including the training ground. £20m to fund the 1st year running cost until you bring in a complete and new commercial team to improve the club plus a new CEO with commercial background to increase commercial operations. Then clean and improve the stadium, improve and fund the academy and improve the club 1st training facilities. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy said:

As a rebuild project, it wouldn't take too money time or money to get us back to the level Brentford are currently playing at.

Landan, tho, innit.

• Like 4