BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Rumours & Speculation

9 minutes ago, J*B said:

I don’t think Gregg is going based on what the staff in the lounges were saying against Stoke. 

Only because Venky's won't pay his contract up. He may as well hang around and make the tea.

Waggott is in control again like he was when Mowbray was here.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, J*B said:

I don’t think Gregg is going based on what the staff in the lounges were saying against Stoke. 

What about Silvester?

Mental him and Waggott remain, I've never so much gross incompetence in my life, and that's saying something.

I actually feel bad for GB, he actually appears to have ambition, currently the above are destroying his career, so wouldn't be surprised to see him leave, to protect his career.

Edited by RoversClitheroe
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I actually feel bad for GB, he actually appears to have ambition, currently the above are destroying his career, so wouldn't be surprised to see him leave, to protect his career.

Based on what?

Presiding over the fucking up of the OBrien, Brierley signings and the Mcguire loan?

Signing Hirst, Ennis, Telalovic and Wahlstedt?

Having us hurtling towards relegation?

Yeah, that'll be doing wonders for his reputation!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’m guessing that he has however been told to fall in line and be a good boy and not get anymore ideas about actually being a real DOF?

26 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Based on what?

Presiding over the fucking up of the OBrien, Brierley signings and the Mcguire loan?

Signing Hirst, Ennis, Telalovic and Wahlstedt?

Having us hurtling towards relegation?

Yeah, that'll be doing wonders for his reputation!

Based on the fact he had signings lined up to be told he now can't spend any money.

Then pivoting and changing that to a loan? 

So there's no responsibility from the side of Waggott or Silvester, the only 2 who allegedly can submit paperwork?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Good. Overall he has done a good job for me, if others disagree, fine. 

Any news on Silvester leaving? if he is going would Sarah Logan replace him? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J*B said:

No idea about Silvester other than what I said in that meeting: There’s no accountability at this football club, things happen without any repercussion. Someone has to be held responsible for the way we treated McGuire and the errors from the club. 

The fact that someone wasn't instantly dismissed after the same thing happened three times in a year speaks volumes. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

who is sarah logan??????????

Was she not the female protagonist in the Terminator films?

I mean, if she can press 'send' on a webform submission, then she's technically more skilled and competent than the incumbent.

39 minutes ago, Andy said:

Was she not the female protagonist in the Terminator films?

I mean, if she can press 'send' on a webform submission, then she's technically more skilled and competent than the incumbent.

Sarah Connor

• Like 1

On 15/02/2024 at 06:37, Leonard Venkhater said:

I guess Gregg and his team had been working for a while on the detail of this, as a permanent signing.

Then at the 11th hour Venky's -via Suhail and Maggott- told them the money was withdrawn.

I think the problems started from there.

I would expect Greg to be on his way at the end of the season. Amazed that he has not walked out already!

Backing up this analysis by Lennie:

-Venkys dont sack anyone....they leave in frustration and wanting to save their own credibility

-the MacGuire deal was changed at the 11th hour and needed 'signing off' by Pune again

At 9pm on deadline day you do not delay and risk the documents getting clogged up with the last minute rush by pressing 'save' and then celebrating. They were waiting for final approval from Pune and it did not come until very very late, by which time the key men HAD followed instructions/procedures. They would have been in trouble IF they had sent the documents without Pune final approval.

None of the Management probably take any responsibility except to shield the Owners.

We never seem to have admin difficulties in selling players!

• Like 6

11 hours ago, J*B said:

I have no problems with GB.

My assertion of his situation is based on the change in behaviour from everything recruitment based being about him, to the plug being pulled on the McGuire deal, Mcfadz and Fleck turning up and then Eustace. All of whom smelled nothing like data driven, Nordic based Broughton and reek of Swag. I’ve since heard that ‘the club’ were aghast that GB had agreed to pay £5m for Mcguire and this set off a chain of events.

GB has not been pictured or seen anywhere publicly (other than the games). His only outside communication on his personal LinkedIn.

Swag has moved to hush the constant yapping of JDT and completely emancipated GB. Now all there is, is for Swags boys to pull this around and ‘save’ the club from relegation and it’s mission complete.

The LET article on his position is very telling…

The only way Greg stays is if he agrees to be Swags errand boy. My guess is he’s already officially gone and working his notice until the summer or they’re letting the dust settle before it happens.

Let’s see…

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I have no problems with GB.

My assertion of his situation is based on the change in behaviour from everything recruitment based being about him, to the plug being pulled on the McGuire deal, Mcfadz and Fleck turning up and then Eustace. All of whom smelled nothing like data driven, Nordic based Broughton and reek of Swag. I’ve since heard that ‘the club’ were aghast that GB had agreed to pay £5m for Mcguire and this set off a chain of events.

GB has not been pictured or seen anywhere publicly (other than the games). His only outside communication on his personal LinkedIn.

Swag has moved to hush the constant yapping of JDT and completely emancipated GB. Now all there is, is for Swags boys to pull this around and ‘save’ the club from relegation and it’s mission complete.

The LET article on his position is very telling…

The only way Greg stays is if he agrees to be Swags errand boy. My guess is he’s already officially gone and working his notice until the summer or they’re letting the dust settle before it happens.

Let’s see…

Aye. Suspect GB thus fed to Elliot that the initial McGuire deal was actually only £2.5m+, or whatever he reported. I'm sceptical of McGuire, but that's not an outrageous number for a young MLS striker (while the reports of the second deal rising to ~£6m are probably BS, or only if he hit major add-ons).

Wasn't SW bragging to a supporter how he brought in Szmodics, rubbished the need for the DoF model, etc. essentially undermining GB? Ridiculously unprofessional. I imagine the idea of the model is the CEO stays out of the football minutiae and only handles the pursestrings, but SW's been in football long enough that he probably still thinks of himself as a 'football man' and jumped at an opportunity to take the reigns.

It's often assumed SW and Mowbray were chummy, but this Athletic article from a couple years (undoubtedly sourcing Mowbray contacts resentful that no contract extension was coming) reported how their hirings were not linked, they didn't get on, and Mowbray resented SW's meddling in football matters, including scuppering the Rothwell sale, taking a more active role in recruitment after Harvey left, and mishandling the contract renewals (although that's probably linked to SW following strict financial marching orders from Venky's).

I don't doubt that SW's had to deal with a lot of shit this year with the budget cut, but he's a relentless self-promoter. Hence he couldn't help himself in bragging about renovating a fucking bus (even if that was a legit 'small win') and paying creditors on time while everyone was concerned about the overall budget. He knew the owners were keen to hang on to JDT, so he publicly grovelled to assuage him ('no pressure', 'avoid relegation', etc.), which JDT mocked in response. It also took him until the summer to admit that he also may have had some culpability for the O'Brien fiasco... Avoiding/deflecting blame and overstating your accomplishments is often how mediocre BSers rise in the c-suite.

This shit ultimately all comes from the top. In North American sports, fan ire is often directed at league commissioner, but they are simply a conduit for the league owners' wishes (for a TV analogy, think of Tom in Succession selling himself as a 'pain sponge'...). Seems the targets this year were 1) survive in the league amid the budget cuts (and sell Wharton if the courts keep holding up cash injections), 2) continue the development of the DoF model, and 3) hang on to JDT. Amid our poor run of form, whatever the fuck happened with McGuire, and JDT continuing to (justifiably) mouth off, SW saw an opportunity to undermine 2) and 3), while still hitting 1) and get his hands back on football matters.

• Like 3

Swag has many, many failings both as a CEO of a world famous football club and as a human being.

Broughton isn’t perfect, he lacks experience and his signings have been mixed.

The root cause of all our problems are the dysfunctional and contradictory family that own us.

However, Broughton and the family member who appointed him at least have one thing - AMBITION. Swag, Silvester and maybe Suhail - and the family members who are controlling these malignant entities and their sabotage - not only have zero ambition they clearly appear to be actively ensuring we can never ever have the ambition to leave this league. 

People attacking Broughton are backing the wrong side in this power struggle -  unless your only ambition is that we fail so badly that the Raos sell us. IMO this is flawed thinking though: The club will only be sold when ALL the squabbling siblings agree to sell. That may happen because of court proceedings in India, but it will never ever happen because of anything that occurs in Lancashire or in the championship - be that protests, relegation or managers or personnel coming or going. 

SWAG OUT should be the aim of the fan base right now IMO. He is not immovable and his experience of attending football matches and dealing with fans should not be a pleasant one that he wishes to persist with. 

I also wonder if the slimy maggot is responsible for turning some players against JDT. Hyam, for example. They were being made to train very hard, run their assess off in games, senior and popular players like Travis were deemed not skilful enough and when things started going wrong there is Swag to sway them towards dreams of the old days when they didn’t have to bust a gut just to let Szomdics and Wharton get all the plaudits. It’s a conspiracy theory, but we know the man is such a self interested asshole he would do anything to cling on to power at the club.

SWAG OUT - it is achievable.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, RoverInverness said:

Broughton isn’t perfect, he lacks experience and his signings have been mixed.

he`s out of his depth at this level of football,massively fortunate to be involved at a club our size,his signings have been terrible and im`e not sure what our head of recruitment kimberley offers either

• Like 2

On 16/02/2024 at 15:31, Mattyblue said:

The 👀 are out so defo true.

I mean that summer war chest really pushed us on.

Indeed.

And they're still not refusing to sign the cheques and there's a multi million pounds bid for Bucko literally around the corner.

• Like 1

Broughtons main remit as far as i can see was to source and bring in young players to develop, get mins into and quickly increase in value. Forget the experienced signings and those paid a fee for there are plenty of pointers that they were already being lined up before GB arrived having been identified and the wheels put in motion with the previous mob.

Whether he played a part or not again i'll come back to his main reason for being brought in here, the identifying and recruiting of players to develop which is supposed to be his area of expertise.

Leo, Ennis and Tel are shockers and that side of it shows he really isn't up to the task, then throw in the 4 yr deal, the 800 grand fee etc and the alleged numbers he struck for McGuire, well it's no wonder hes been reeled in.

Where does he get off agreeing to those kind of figures for McGuire after the initial deal went belly up ?

Either someone was telling him there was plenty money or he went rogue trying to save face.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3