BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Rumours & Speculation

Dolan can't be on £600 a week, surely.

Most of us would be earning more than him.

Might have been whilst in the Preston youth setup, but he'll be on a lot more than that now, you'd expect.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

Would it not be that he signed a £600pw contract when he joined from Preston and then was rewarded with a rise from Feb 21?

That'll be the strength of it although as his first senior pro contract here i doubt he's on more than 3k now so he'll be after a big rise no doubt.

I think he's an important member of the squad now and I'll be livid if he ends up another one running down his contract.

We can't keep  pay League One wages and hope to keep players of championship standard.

After Saturday's game, I hope put paid to that "no end product" theme that was running a while back!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, philipl said:

Been looking at press and video coverage of Swag in this somewhat eventful week and I am struggling to find the gap of sufficient time for him to have made the trip to Pune, had the meeting and got back.

I did a day trip to Memphis once but that involved the best part of three days from leaving my London office to getting back to my desk.

Yup, doesn't add up for me to be honest.

OMG!. Just been out for a birthday meal with my eldest daughter ( not the Rovers fan) & her boyfriend's dad said "u not getting  madras sauce with that!?" 😅.

Gary, if you're on here, love u to bits mate! ❤️ 

Edited by windymiller7

3 hours ago, philipl said:

Been looking at press and video coverage of Swag in this somewhat eventful week and I am struggling to find the gap of sufficient time for him to have made the trip to Pune, had the meeting and got back.

I did a day trip to Memphis once but that involved the best part of three days from leaving my London office to getting back to my desk.

Well he was at the QPR game. He emailed me on the Monday asking for a meeting with me and the chair of the Fans Forum and we had it on Tuesday. He invited us both to the meeting with players on Wednesday but Mark was working and I went away on holiday.

I was told at the QPR game that he was off to India the day after but that can’t have happened. 

He presumably could have gone later in the week though.

PS I once flew to San Francisco, slept, interviewed, flew to Lincoln, Nebraska, slept, interviewed, flew to Toronto, slept, interviewed and flew home. My bag stayed in Heathrow and caught up with me at Toronto. On the plane back from Toronto I was knackered and just wanted to sleep. The Rangers team were on the flight going home and I had Ally McCoist and Stuart McCall sat behind me. They spent the whole night trying to get the cabin crew into bed.

Edited by only2garners
Addition
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Well he was at the QPR game. He emailed me on the Monday asking for a meeting with me and the chair of the Fans Forum and we had it on Tuesday. He invited us both to the meeting with players on Wednesday but Mark was working and I went away on holiday.

I was told at the QPR game that he was off to India the day after but that can’t have happened. 

He presumably could have gone later in the week though.

Seen a couple of comments saying none of Waggott, Suhail or Silvester were at the game on Saturday. I don't know how true that is, but it is possible that they all left for India after Wednesday's meeting with the fans/players.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Nixon is clearly trying to make stories from nowhere now he doesnt have transfer rumours to make up.

No way was Waggott ever likely to get sacked, nor is he under Venkys. They wont be aware of the current atmosphere. He will just be hoping that swanning off to India whilst the heat is on, by the time he comes back home it will have died down. Hopefully not.

Surely Suhail would be keeping Venkys in touch with everything going on, including the atmosphere around the club at present. Isn't that his job ?  It should be

17 hours ago, aletheia said:

Player wages -is this accurate? Dolan!

https://www.capology.com/club/blackburn/salaries/

And on speculation and a kind of follow on, who will be sold in the summer? High wage earners off the books, those who can command a good fee?

Edit There are several online lists -another one -Dolan better off on this one 🙂

https://salarysport.com/football/championship/blackburn-rovers/

I think a PSA needs to be sent out about not giving any credence to sites like these 🙂

(Even need to be wary of the 'per week' values in FM, which may be reasonably close to reality in terms of footballers' 'basic' wage - fwiw, they have Dolan at £5k/week (https://www.fmscout.com/club/blackburn.html_) = but total salary costs will be much higher due to bonuses, sign-on fees, etc.)

Edited by RoverCanada
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Seen a couple of comments saying none of Waggott, Suhail or Silvester were at the game on Saturday. I don't know how true that is, but it is possible that they all left for India after Wednesday's meeting with the fans/players.

I can categorically state he didn’t.

He didn’t go to India last week at all.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tugayisgod said:

Surely Suhail would be keeping Venkys in touch with everything going on, including the atmosphere around the club at present. Isn't that his job ?  It should be

Unless its his job to make sure they don't hear anything about Rovers?