BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Rumours & Speculation

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Depends on what they want 

IMO, It's would cost £50m to buy us including the training ground. £20m to fund the 1st year running cost until you bring in a complete and new commercial team to improve the club plus a new CEO with commercial background to increase commercial operations. Then clean and improve the stadium, improve and fund the academy and improve the club 1st training facilities. 

And it's done !

3 hours ago, Andy said:

All bias aside, surely Rovers would be a more attractive proposition than Brentford?

Brentford have a few years of Prem money in the bank, granted, but for facilities, history, potential, you'd take Rovers.

As a rebuild project, it wouldn't take too money time or money to get us back to the level Brentford are currently playing at.

but but but---FFP!! Lol.

• Like 2

On 25/02/2024 at 21:46, rovers11 said:

The Bahrain Royal Family are looking to buy an English club. Rovers suggested as one of those possible clubs by The Mirror. We can dream I suppose. 

They have been and we are a good proposition due to our history and the PR twist of knights in shining armor rescuing a club. i heard they have a thing for roses ...if they are serious ...venkys will have to relent as everything in india is political ...

Praying 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, miqaayil said:

They have been and we are a good proposition due to our history and the PR twist of knights in shining armor rescuing a club. i heard they have a thing for roses ...if they are serious ...venkys will have to relent as everything in india is political ...

Praying 

i just hope venkys have upset someone influential in indian business circles and now their new found enemies have major clout in the courts and political circles,indian is a very tribal country,upset someone and it could all come crashing down😁

On 25/02/2024 at 13:46, rovers11 said:

The Bahrain Royal Family are looking to buy an English club. Rovers suggested as one of those possible clubs by The Mirror. We can dream I suppose. 

Looks like the Daily Star who reported it, not the Mirror I think? We seem to be mentioned in a bit of an offhand guess kind of way, but moreover the article gave me the vibe they're mostly looking to have a share in something. It implied they might buy depending on what options are available, but I dunno if that means they'd rather only get seriously involved if it was a Prem club as that would be big money, or if it was a Championship side with room to grow.

I very much doubt Venkys would entertain another party having a share, even with their current financial issues. Too stubborn and arrogant for that.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Looks like the Daily Star who reported it, not the Mirror I think? We seem to be mentioned in a bit of an offhand guess kind of way, but moreover the article gave me the vibe they're mostly looking to have a share in something. It implied they might buy depending on what options are available, but I dunno if that means they'd rather only get seriously involved if it was a Prem club as that would be big money, or if it was a Championship side with room to grow.

I very much doubt Venkys would entertain another party having a share, even with their current financial issues. Too stubborn and arrogant for that.

Too much to hide more like.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i just hope venkys have upset someone influential in indian business circles and now their new found enemies have major clout in the courts and political circles,indian is a very tribal country,upset someone and it could all come crashing down😁

i've always said ..the only way to get their attention is point out how they are destroying the image of their country ...the current regime is extremely image concious and its election year , they want good relations with middle east

• Like 1

13 hours ago, miqaayil said:

i've always said ..the only way to get their attention is point out how they are destroying the image of their country ...the current regime is extremely image concious and its election year , they want good relations with middle east

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/7/13/hlddeath-sentences-in-bahrain-dramatically-escalated-since-2011

• Downvote 1

• Backroom
41 minutes ago, tomphil said:

No heads rolling means ultimately it was pulled by India which is what most suspected anyway.

Someone was told not to click send.

Even if you take the view that it was the staff at Ewood to blame for the mistake, it still leads back to Venky's as they have allowed such incompetence to fester due to a lack of any accountability for these supposed errors. 

• Like 2

If you suddenly find you can't or do not want to put in 15 million a year but don't want to or feel you dare not sell the club then it figures the attention might then turn to reducing it to a level you can just keep it plodding and leave incompetents running it whilst virtually ignoring it again.

Someone there clearly doesn't give a stuff what happens but we've been here before.

After finishing 8th then 7th i wonder what the odds were on relegation before summer began.....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...