BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Rumours & Speculation

In the past I have seen good value in teams to beat us. Wigan last year for example. I think they were getting on to 6/1 to beat us at their place. They hadn't won in 9. They beat us 1-0. My head told me to put some money on it; my heart wouldn't let me

When you are looking at Rovers you'll find value because you know everything about them. I just can't bet on them though. Either to win or to lose. The only bet I have is a cheeky £10 on us to win the league every year. I know it's pissed up the wall, but one day that bet will come off and that money will be the sweetest cash you will ever earn

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

In the past I have seen good value in teams to beat us. Wigan last year for example. I think they were getting on to 6/1 to beat us at their place. They hadn't won in 9. They beat us 1-0. My head told me to put some money on it; my heart wouldn't let me

When you are looking at Rovers you'll find value because you know everything about them. I just can't bet on them though. Either to win or to lose. The only bet I have is a cheeky £10 on us to win the league every year. I know it's pissed up the wall, but one day that bet will come off and that money will be the sweetest cash you will ever earn

I know what you mean. That said, my lad stuck £10 on Sunderland to win 'in play' at half time at 16/1. I think we all know that if they had scored in the first minute of the second half rather than us, it could well have gone horribly wrong. He was happy enough to spunk his tenner up the wall tbf.

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

It was like when the appointed Coyle. I knew in the August we were dead meat. I don’t know what the odds were for us to be relegated then but they’d be reasonable. I just couldn’t do it.

• Like 1

The Raya to arsenal deal!

Are they contractually commited to buy him(at the agreed price)? 

I know he's been getting a lot of game time but arsenal fans don't seem very convinced by him, especially at the price they could be paying. 

Just wondering if Arsenal might just end up saying thanks, but no thanks! And choose to invest all the doe in a different keeper

Which would obviously leave us still forever waiting for that elusive raya windfall😅 (which would only end up being spent to pay for the matchday stewards underpants anyway) 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

8 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Good for you. 

That's officially known as a waggotesque mindset I believe 

Unfortunately not, as I didnt put anything on… hopefully I’ll spot it next time though.

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Hes going through a different team a week in typical Nixon fashion.

If he does go, he wont be replaced so relegation will be inevitable.

Don’t think you need to be Poirot to reckon Szmodics will be of interest to clubs in the summer. Any relegated club flush with parachute payments & any promoted club anticipating TV money would be daft not to take a look at him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Herbie6590 said:

Don’t think you need to be Poirot to reckon Szmodics will be of interest to clubs in the summer. Any relegated club flush with parachute payments & any promoted club anticipating TV money would be daft not to take a look at him.

Exactly, and thats why Nixon is doing his usual routine of naming a new team a week from that category to fill his column whilst the transfer window is closed in anticipation of the window so that when he goes to one of the many teams hes linked with, he can arrogantly pat himself on the back.

• Like 1

I believe Arsenal have confirmed to Brentford they are going ahead with buying Raya.

If they don't, Brentford will have both the current Dutch and Spanish national keepers on their books. Brentford!

Which is my way of saying Brentford will probably sell Raya irrespective.

As for Nixon, my opinions are well known and vented.

I suspect we are in for a wholesale trading summer.

No we won't be spending anything like all the Wharton cash (Adam is close to triggering much of the 5m add ons) and Raya money but I wouldn't be surprised to see net transfer outgoings close to 10m plus whatever Travis, Dolan, Gallagher, Szmodics and at least one of our two keepers raise when sold ....

The challenge will be to do a Brentford and not a Bristol City.

Over to Broughton to show us what he is worth and that he can find somebody in Blackburn capable of pushing the send button on time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, philipl said:

I believe Arsenal have confirmed to Brentford they are going ahead with buying Raya.

If they don't, Brentford will have both the current Dutch and Spanish national keepers on their books. Brentford!

Which is my way of saying Brentford will probably sell Raya irrespective.

As for Nixon, my opinions are well known and vented.

I suspect we are in for a wholesale trading summer.

No we won't be spending anything like all the Wharton cash (Adam is close to triggering much of the 5m add ons) and Raya money but I wouldn't be surprised to see net transfer outgoings close to 10m plus whatever Travis, Dolan, Gallagher, Szmodics and at least one of our two keepers raise when sold ....

The challenge will be to do a Brentford and not a Bristol City.

Over to Broughton to show us what he is worth and that he can find somebody in Blackburn capable of pushing the send button on time.

I'd be amazed if we spent any money.

Isn't the delayed court case now in August? They simply won't authorise any spending until that's resolved. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Exactly Herbie. He did mention Luton a couple of weeks ago about their interest in Szmodics. We all know they will be interest in Szmodics this summer, but will a club offer what we want, and Will Szmodics want to move or not