BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (a) - 17/02/2024

After going two nil up and going in at half time at 2-2 I feared the worst. Preston definitely had the momentum and we showed grit and determination to see the point out. Looked tough to play against second half despite Preston having the midfield to themselves. That's where we lost the battle was in the midfield. Too many big holes there and it is worrying. 

• Like 4

• Backroom

Seen the highlights and two lovely goals for us (weak keeper for first mind) and their first is a stunner but the second is awful the keeper has to do better 

I would have taken a point before kick off and after it went 2-2 but still it’s disappointing to give up that lead so easily 

Feel Gally is going to be huge for us and we need him in form 

• Like 3

Dreadful football, dreadful side.  Feel like this is the perfect storm to see us go down... Amazing, selling your best players and not replacing them.. Who'd have thought! I'd be more shocked if we stayed up. Shocking side. 

Kaminski, Bell, Nyambe, Lenihan, Ayala, Rothwell, Travis, Wharton, Brereton, Armstrong..  We've not adequately replaced a single one of those.  Wonderful stuff!  

• Like 3

Well , showed plenty of spirit today , feared the worst at half time !

Matched Preston physically and if you do that it nullifies a lot of their play..

I would have settled for a point before kick off ..

This is a relegation battle , we are in ,it ain't going to be pretty ..

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Dreadful football, dreadful side.  Feel like this is the perfect storm to see us go down... Amazing, selling your best players and not replacing them.. Who'd have thought! I'd be more shocked if we stayed up. Shocking side. 

Kaminski, Bell, Nyambe, Lenihan, Ayala, Rothwell, Travis, Wharton, Brereton, Armstrong..  We've not adequately replaced a single one of those.  Wonderful stuff!  

That's the Raos fault !

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Yes but there's more to football than pretty little triangles as JDT demonstrated recently.

We won't go down. We are still scoring goals and are now giving some thought to percentage play, defence, and not gifting the opposition frequent chances / goals.

We could well have gone down under JDT as much as I liked his determination to play total football. 

Edit: sp

Edited by onlyonejackwalker
  • Like 3

A very tricky next few fixtures means we are likely to get dragged nearer to the mire so i'ts a valuable point today even though in essence it's another two blown.

Usual flaws exposed again but the second half resilience was good to see and gives them a bit of belief and something to build on.  

Fleck another stupid signing given his recent history, the DoF needs to pull his finger out and get Travis back right now, Garret is Lowe mk2 and needs to go away and learn in a lge below for a bit.

The two Sams up front though we could be on to something there.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

We definitely wont go down this year. Just too many dreadful sides and while we are not great there are worse. Afterall we have the leagues top scorer...  I dont think its a realistic proposition that we will be relegated

Next year though could be a worry.  I do however have a good feeling about Eustace, seems pragmatic so will find a way.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

A very tricky next few fixtures means we are likely to get dragged nearer to the mire so i'ts a valuable point today even though in essence it's another two blown.

Usual flaws exposed again but the second half resilience was good to see and gives them a bit of belief and something to build on.  

Fleck another stupid signing given his recent history, the DoF needs to pull his finger out and get Travis back right now, Garret is Lowe mk2 and needs to go away and learn in a lge below for a bit.

Gally the deeper of the 2 for large parts of the game and looked a decent pairing. Our squad is really hard to find a balance in my opinion. I like 3 in the middle as our better performances have come when doing so. But as of late 3 centre half looks the way forward as we have more depth there than in midfield 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We can't get Travis back , he is on loan for the season ..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nbdrovers said:

Does anyone know if there's any truth to the random "Remy was in the away end" rumour? Just keep seeing people asking if it's true on SM, but absolutely zero source point for where it might have come from! 

Not sure about Remy but Dunny was there with his young lad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

We can't get Travis back , he is on loan for the season ..

I'm sure it could be broken if there was an agreement all round it's been done before.

We've wasted his wages on another croc though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I'm sure it could be broken if there was an agreement all round it's been done before.

We've wasted his wages on another croc though.

Loans are locked into transfer windows now if that's the agreed duration, so no, we can't get Travis back

5 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Loans are locked into transfer windows now if that's the agreed duration, so no, we can't get Travis back

We have no recall option but i'm sure they could cancel it if they decide it's pointless keeping him however that would probably mean some financial penalty but Rovers could always wave that.

You, I nor anyone else knows what could actually be done if the desire was there by all parties.

However it's unlikely they'd let him go anyway.

11 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Thanks mate. Good to hear what he's got to say. 

Interesting they only had two training sessions so far, not surprising considering travelling to Birmingham and back

Might be a daft question 

We don't have a manager, we want a head coach.  But we're happy for a head coach to not coach because he took a job too far away from his house 

• Like 1