BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (a) - 17/02/2024

Tronstad having to do the  work for two in midfield at the moment.

Last season we played 1-1 at their place with Hyam scoring an oggie in overtime. 55% possession and the better side. Today we had 37%...

Just route one at the moment. What happened to this group? No direction. I actually didn't bother much after the horrible match against Brum. Gallager was a little bit better, he needs a referee that's on "his side"... Good to see Sammie continuing his goal-scoring form.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Andy said:

I think that's a bit harsh.

He was terrible today, but he has had some good performances further up the pitch this season, most recently away at WBA.

I think there's more of a player there than the likes of Lowe and Travis, to be fair.

That’s like winning an award for being the worlds tallest dwarf.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

3 very slow cbs, we will be playing quite deep I guess. I hope Fleck is very creative player. The burden will be on him to find the right passes for the front three. No buckley on the bench either so if it isnt working not sure what we do....

What are you on about? The lad has been injured for past 2 months and hasn’t played any competitive football. He’s probably not ready. Ffs the new manager has been here one week and you have him writing people off because they’re injured. Get a fucking grip

42 minutes ago, Andy said:

I think that's a bit harsh.

He was terrible today, but he has had some good performances further up the pitch this season, most recently away at WBA.

I think there's more of a player there than the likes of Lowe and Travis, to be fair.

Definitely not Travis. A regular in sides that finished 7th and 8th. Ipswich wouldnt have been interested in Garrett, put it that way.

• Like 3

Frustrating Day at Deepdale, started so brightly on a poor pitch which got worse due to the weather, got a sore throat from all the singing in the Bill Shankly Kop, the beers now helping im trying to convince my self, first chance ive had to post again, Would have took a point when driving to Preston, driving home frustrated how we threw another 2 points away, McFadzean looks ok, Fleck still building up Match fitness and injured again, only plus point was Telalovic didnt get on. Improved performance on the Birmingham game but that wasnt hard in fairness

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Tronstad having to do the  work for two in midfield at the moment.

Last season we played 1-1 at their place with Hyam scoring an oggie in overtime. 55% possession and the better side. Today we had 37%...

Just route one at the moment. What happened to this group? No direction. I actually didn't bother much after the horrible match against Brum. Gallager was a little bit better, he needs a referee that's on "his side"... Good to see Sammie continuing his goal-scoring form.

The problem is we’re playing so deep, partly due to McFadzean being slow asf and partly due to us trying to be ‘pragmatic’ and ’hard to beat’, and then, when we do occasionally touch the ball, we just smash it 60/70 yards forward over the heads of our forwards, so we become incredibly stretched between the 5 at the back and the 3 up front, meaning that the 2 in the middle are having to try and cover 50+ yards of the pitch and it’s an impossible task. Even Tronstad hasn’t looked half as good under the new manager and his shit tactics.

In today’s game, as soon as PNE worked out that that was where the space was and started playing into the midfield instead of going long, there was only one team in it and they just came at us at will, as we just kicked it back to Lindsay back deep for them at every opportunity. Thankfully they started half asleep and gifted us a couple of easy goals, otherwise we would have been on the wrong end of a bit of a pasting. 
Don’t worry though, it’s coming - if Norwich don’t stick 3 or 4 past us next week then Soton almost certainly will in a couple of weeks time!

• Like 8

Jdt has fucked us by getting rid of trav only to leave a month later when we could have done with Travis especially today, Garret came on meant holes in the middle appeared which allowed Preston freedom which lead to the goals. 

Eustace just has to get results, he has no time until the international break to put any of his ways onto the team so it’s about just getting results, don’t think we will see the true ways until next season, like with Birmingham he came in stabilised even then had then Sitting pretty until the yanks had a blunder. Buckley coming back may just give us that boost too. 

the court case is next month so hopefully the Indian government sting the venkys into enforcement of selling us 

13 minutes ago, TheRovers1994 said:

Jdt has fucked us by getting rid of trav only to leave a month later when we could have done with Travis especially today, Garret came on meant holes in the middle appeared which allowed Preston freedom which lead to the goals. 

Eustace just has to get results, he has no time until the international break to put any of his ways onto the team so it’s about just getting results, don’t think we will see the true ways until next season, like with Birmingham he came in stabilised even then had then Sitting pretty until the yanks had a blunder. Buckley coming back may just give us that boost too. 

the court case is next month so hopefully the Indian government sting the venkys into enforcement of selling us 

Yes, the real culprit in all this 

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, superniko said:

Yes, the real culprit in all this 

He's just left us completely screwed. Will be hard for the team to find the right balance between JDT ball and what Eustace wants. He's only had 2 sessions with the team so far so I doubt he's done much bar stop  us overloading our attacks and be more compact. We are used to creating more chances, But I have not seen us left in a 2v1 or defence left in firing line so far. There has been small signs of improvement

Edited by Rover8T4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ossyian said:

What are you on about? The lad has been injured for past 2 months and hasn’t played any competitive football. He’s probably not ready. Ffs the new manager has been here one week and you have him writing people off because they’re injured. Get a fucking grip

Not sure what your problem with what I wrote was? I wrote it before the gane kicked off and all I said is that I hope hes a creative player as we need one in central midfield (as I dont know what sort of player Fleck is, I haven't followed his career). I didnt make any judgement at all about whether Fleck is good or not.

Strange for you to be annoyed about it?

51 minutes ago, DaveyB said:

The problem is we’re playing so deep, partly due to McFadzean being slow asf and partly due to us trying to be ‘pragmatic’ and ’hard to beat’, and then, when we do occasionally touch the ball, we just smash it 60/70 yards forward over the heads of our forwards, so we become incredibly stretched between the 5 at the back and the 3 up front, meaning that the 2 in the middle are having to try and cover 50+ yards of the pitch and it’s an impossible task. Even Tronstad hasn’t looked half as good under the new manager and his shit tactics.

In today’s game, as soon as PNE worked out that that was where the space was and started playing into the midfield instead of going long, there was only one team in it and they just came at us at will, as we just kicked it back to Lindsay back deep for them at every opportunity. Thankfully they started half asleep and gifted us a couple of easy goals, otherwise we would have been on the wrong end of a bit of a pasting. 
Don’t worry though, it’s coming - if Norwich don’t stick 3 or 4 past us next week then Soton almost certainly will in a couple of weeks time!

Dont think we will get pasted so easily but do agree with the bit in bold. The way we played was great for the first 30 mins, but stopped working after that as you say, and when we made the subs at 60 mins we should have got Garrett and Tronstad some help rather than ploughing on with the same setup. They were being completely roasted in midfield.

I think Ayeri playing at a third cm would have helped us a lot more than Sigurdsson as a third forward who like Dolan looked isolated and struggled to control the ball.

Something we should consider imo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheRovers1994 said:

This has nothing to do with JDT, it is the Punatics full stop

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Rover8T4 said:

What would be nice if there was an international break which suits us for a change. Gaffer can have a good 2 weeks with the squad 

But it's a " no excuse culture" so he just needs to get on with it regardless of international break or not

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rover8T4 said:

He's just left us completely screwed. Will be hard for the team to find the right balance between JDT ball and what Eustace wants. He's only had 2 sessions with the team so far so I doubt he's done much bar stop  us overloading our attacks and be more compact. We are used to creating more chances, But I have not seen us left in a 2v1 or defence left in firing line so far. There has been small signs of improvement

It’s the Punatics that have screwed us AGAIN