BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (a) - 17/02/2024

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

We have no recall option but i'm sure they could cancel it if they decide it's pointless keeping him however that would probably mean some financial penalty but Rovers could always wave that.

You, I nor anyone else knows what could actually be done if the desire was there by all parties.

However it's unlikely they'd let him go anyway.

What are you actually on about?

He's at Ipswich, he's playing football for Ipswich, he's there for the season. 

No rule bending allowed, at all. He's AT IPSWICH. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

Might be a daft question 

We don't have a manager, we want a head coach.  But we're happy for a head coach to not coach because he took a job too far away from his house 

Oh is that why he's only done two sessions etc? I assumed when coaches take on roles they immediately move to a hotel near the club

13 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

What are you actually on about?

He's at Ipswich, he's playing football for Ipswich, he's there for the season. 

No rule bending allowed, at all. He's AT IPSWICH. 

Stop wasting my time go and cry about it somewhere else if you can't grasp it.

Loans CAN be fucking cancelled IF there is the desire to do so !

Edited by tomphil

11 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

Jake Garrett is absolutely appalling and I hope he never wears our shirt again. There’s no talent in there waiting to come out either he’s just fucking useless.

Lowe Mk2 headless chicken he really needs a season on loan somewhere to learn on the job, Jason suffered from being thrown in when he really wasn't ready for it.

I like Garretts commitment and tenacity but he's a liability in this side in this situation but of course it wouldn't matter if we hadn't signed yet another croc and his role was still just ten min cameos.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Lowe Mk2 headless chicken he really needs a season on loan somewhere to learn on the job, Jason suffered from being thrown in when he really wasn't ready for it.

I like Garretts commitment and tenacity but he's a liability in this side in this situation but of course it wouldn't matter if we hadn't signed yet another croc and his role was still just ten min cameos.

If you mean Fleck, he was sold a hospital pass and had to commit himself. If he'd limped off with a strain I'd tend to agree, but not in this case. 

• Like 3

Just now, MB Rover said:

Only within a window

No, any time as i'm reliably informed but it has to be agreed all round for valid reason and it would mean a financial penalty to the club cancelling it depending on the agreement.

It won't happen anyway because they will want to use him and he'll want to stay there plus we've used his wages.

However point i was making is if it was me i'd be on the phone begging to get him back, somehow.

1 minute ago, M_B said:

If you mean Fleck, he was sold a hospital pass and had to commit himself. If he'd limped off with a strain I'd tend to agree, but not in this case. 

First stretch and he's gone is both entirely predictable and not a good look all things considered with his recent history.

However i do feel for him because he's a good player but again a silly signing considering the odds.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I'm sure it could be broken if there was an agreement all round it's been done before.

We've wasted his wages on another croc though.

They could agree for Travis to come back and cancel the loan.

But the rules mean he wouldn't be allowed to play for us again this season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

First stretch and he's gone is both entirely predictable and not a good look all things considered with his recent history.

However i do feel for him because he's a good player but again a silly signing considering the odds.

Hey, a good signing for some. There's a percentage being earned in there somewhere. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

They could agree for Travis to come back and cancel the loan.

But the rules mean he wouldn't be allowed to play for us again this season.

Cut his hair, dye it blonde and call him Garrett !

37 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

How bad was the pitch by the way, absolutely criminal a championship club is presenting that as a surface worthy of elite level football. 

Ours has been similarly shocking at times over the last few seasons 

This season the best it's been in years 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Oh is that why he's only done two sessions etc? I assumed when coaches take on roles they immediately move to a hotel near the club

No idea, just replying to the comment I quoted.  I don't think he's a 'bad actor' in fairness. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Stop wasting my time go and cry about it somewhere else if you can't grasp it.

Loans CAN be fucking cancelled IF there is the desire to do so !

You're the one crying pal.

No

They 

Can't 

Unless there's a season long injury/rehabilitation issue. In which case it's irrelevant. 

Now stop talking shite .

Thank feck they didn't get a third 

Lowe would have done a Mourinho at Porto

I would have taken a point before the game but shocking to let a two goal league slip

Money should have been spent on a midfield player coming in Garrett very poor today ,can only hope Buckley is fit and we see a better player than we have done on Tuesday night.If Buckley isn't fit then I would start Ayari 

10 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

You're the one crying pal.

No

They 

Can't 

Unless there's a season long injury/rehabilitation issue. In which case it's irrelevant. 

Now stop talking shite .

Stop pretending to be the expert on everything and don't get arsey like a little girl when someone calls your bluff.

I already said neither you, i or anyone else really knows what can and can't be done but you've already back tracked on your original hissy fit saying loans 'can not be cancelled.'

Now move on, i have.

1 hour ago, MB Rover said:

Jake Garrett is absolutely appalling and I hope he never wears our shirt again. There’s no talent in there waiting to come out either he’s just fucking useless.

I think that's a bit harsh.

He was terrible today, but he has had some good performances further up the pitch this season, most recently away at WBA.

I think there's more of a player there than the likes of Lowe and Travis, to be fair.

• Like 2