BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (a) - 17/02/2024

It's all a bit "meh" isn't it.

It sounds like we're now a dreadful watch but nevertheless Eustance has managed four points from his three games in charge. If we'd stayed with JDT and lost those three games, which is a distinct possibility, we'd be sat just one point above the bottom 3 now.

What I don't understand is how we've managed to coach any creativity out of the side within 72 hours of Eustace taking over. Are players SO one dimensional they can't continue to do those things they were actually doing well under a new Coach?

Needs must this season I guess. Whether this is sustainable in the long run is a different matter.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, aletheia said:

I'm thinking we need 3 in the middle (Garrett, T, Hedges or variation on). Negative perhaps but maybe for now?

Pears
                Hyam    Mcfadz  Wharton
    Brittain Garrett Tronstad Hedges Chrisene
                   Dolan    Sammy
                        Gallagher

Don't think that would be allowed somehow!

Mind u, we'd probably still get beat!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, rigger said:

Yes, the two wing-backs are free to push forward. The idea being that they move forward from our defence, rather than them moving backwards to try to catch the oppositions attackers

You have to have exceptional WBs to ask them to be the focal point of the attack...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

You have to have exceptional WBs to ask them to be the focal point of the attack...

It starts with stopping the goals conceded. At our level that is the most important aspect. If your wing-backs can also effect the attack, that is a bonus. 

Edited by rigger

8 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

On a positive note, we have four points from three games since JE's arrival.   Erm, that's, it.

January window now showing to the be the disaster it was.

We knew it was a disaster when they sold A. Wharton and weren't allowed to replace him. 

• Like 2

Well, it was better than Tuesday I'll give them that.

To be fair, he's obviously making us harder to beat, and that second half I'm almost certain we'd have folded under JDT. It's still fucking annoying though losing a 2 goal lead. That said, I'd have taken a point at the start.

The problem we have is we don't really have much time for JE to put his stamp on it, we need some points and pronto.

Garrett was dreadful and I think he made Tronstad look worse too as he busy bodied about doing everything he could. Fleck evidently rushed in after playing next to no football all season, what a shocker he got injured.

• Like 5

Scored two. One each for our strikers. Worked our socks off. Battled and fought. Played for each other. Matched them physically. Kept our focus and composure. Good away point.  We have been terrible in recent derbies.

We all expected to concede in the 2nd half after two late goals in the first half. Not pretty to watch, but we didn't collapse. Well done to all involved including the thousands of away fans who went in hope rather than expectation.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

The problem we have is we don't really have much time for JE to put his stamp on it, we need some points and pronto..

Exactly. 

14 games. 

2 games in for JE and 1 point

3 goals conceded in 2 games isn't good. 

Time is ticking. Relegation awaits at this rate. 

Lucky Swansea and stoke lost today 

Edited by NeilInBristol
Typo

Just now, NeilInBristol said:

Exactly. 

14 games. 

3 games in and 4 points. 

• Like 1

Just listened to Atko on the way back, he said if Rovers play like that every week they'll be fine, and I agree with him. 

Not pretty, but we'd have taken a point before kick off. 

Surprised Millar was on the right, but glad he was, Hedges had a good game and kept him quiet. The obvious thing to do with Gallagher is extend his contract, get him signed up now. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Exactly. 

14 games. 

Millwall, Stoke, Swansea and QPR all look pretty poor too. And there's only one place left as Rother are down and Sheff Weds I feel won't make up the points and have all the off field issues as well. So probably we only need to do better than one of the 4 mentioned. That's pretty doable  

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Don’t know about Remy in the away end, but apparently JDT was at Brockhall this morning. I’m guessing it’s because his lads have remained in the Rovers academy, but it’s still very bizarre.

perhaps he`s covertly trying to assasinate swag and broughton,make the split seem amicable then do them both with the old russian trick of radioactive tea 🙂

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, StubbsUK said:

I reckon this is the longest list of players we've had in Delap's Derbies, can you make a starting 11 of players that played for both teams and actually DID play together at Ewood?

https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/articles/they-played-for-both-rovers-and-the-lilywhites/120

Somebody missed out Ken Knighton there, possibly the first name on the team sheet.

48 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It's all a bit "meh" isn't it.

It sounds like we're now a dreadful watch but nevertheless Eustance has managed four points from his three games in charge. If we'd stayed with JDT and lost those three games, which is a distinct possibility, we'd be sat just one point above the bottom 3 now.

What I don't understand is how we've managed to coach any creativity out of the side within 72 hours of Eustace taking over. Are players SO one dimensional they can't continue to do those things they were actually doing well under a new Coach?

Needs must this season I guess. Whether this is sustainable in the long run is a different matter.

It lasted 5 years under Mowbray. Dull as dishwater. 

• Like 2