BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (a) - 17/02/2024

Have been high in my praise of Sigurdsson, having been at QPR away to witness that performance, but he’s offered basically nothing today.

This squad probably needs £10m throwing at it, at least, if we’re to make any progress at all.

• Like 5

Its obvious in this 343 the partner for Tronstad at CM is a really key player. Loads of ground to cover, needs to play on the half turn, has to find a good forward pass in the few opportunities they get. I don't think since losing Adam we have that, at least till Buckleys back.

Question I've got is why when we take off Dolan instead of replacing him with the totally ineffective Sigurdsson why not play an extra CM? Ayeri I guess.

Makes us more more robust, better to hold onto the ball, and I really dont think we lose anything going forward as Dolan and Sigurdsson got nothing out of them anyway....

Useful point anyway, though considering where we were on 25 mins quite disappointing.

• Like 6

Just now, yankfan said:

Siggy brings nothing to our side. Looks like a different player than the one who started the season. 

He's a luxury player who wants the ball at his feet in and around the area.

He's being asked to chase lost causes in this formation. He got back and defended well in the second half, which isn't what he's known for. 

• Like 2

• Backroom

Considering how poor we are, and the fact Preston have been in decent form recently, I'll take a point for sure. Sad that Venky's have reduced us to this level though. 

• Like 7

Would've taken a point before kick-off but it has to feel like a defeat with the way we let them back in. Seems like the Fleck injury changes the flow of the first half in Preston's favour. Garrett has been decent at times this season but appears well off it at the moment.

Let's hope Fleck's injury isn't too serious and that Buckley can kick on under Eustace.

Gallagher in good form since coming back from injury, good to see.

Just now, Bohinen1983 said:

Awful disjointed performance.   Absolutely no foot-hold on the game. Going down.

I thought it was a battling performance against an in-form PNE at home. 

We're woefully out of form - I'm delighted with a point (less so having been 2-0 up), I thought we'd get battered.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's a luxury player who wants the ball at his feet in and around the area.

He's being asked to chase lost causes in this formation. He got back and defended well in the second half, which isn't what he's known for. 

I wonder if he should have come into the centre circle and seen what he could do to help Tronstad and Garrett. Hes not strong enough to to play flush up against a defender, so dropping off to find space could have helped him and the team.

Very happy with a point. I thought we'd get battered today so a point is a bonus. Us being 2-0 means nothing as we all know how bad we are, but ultimately its a tough away game and a point is decent. 

The teams below us look woeful so we may just get away with it this season. Let's hope so anyway. Millwall are the ones I think could go down.