BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 hour ago, Neal said:

Gent looks decent to me from those highlights... Hope he gets a fair crack this summer. 

Yeah, he’s obviously got pace, appears to like a tackle and he gets a great bend on those left wing crosses. I remember watching Pickering’s highlights film before he signed and I don’t think he made one tackle !

Incidentally the  Motherwell forwards on the end of those crosses are hopeless.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, he’s obviously got pace, appears to like a tackle and he gets a great bend on those left wing crosses. I remember watching Pickering’s highlights film before he signed and I don’t think he made one tackle !

Yeah it was probably Vale tbf 

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Think Hyam will be sold this summer and we will bring Hill in from Bournemouth to partner Carter. ORiordan will be backup with McFadzean,

I'd be happy with that, but I'd be very surprised.

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I don't see how that's a problem with Gent. It doesn't matter what he looked like in the U23s. It matters what he can do now, in senior football. Like you say, he may have (and appears to have) improved.

Exactly - he's just thrived in the SPL (which is roughly the equivalent of L1 bar two or three teams). He deserves the chance to show what he's got with the First Team.

Unfortunately Batty hasn't kicked on at all.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Last summer we didnt sign a left back under the rhetoric of not blocking pathways with Batty as back up, when in reality we had no money. Batty played one game against Walsall, was awful, and hasnt come close to playing since even when Pickering has been injured, with us having to play someone out of position to cover him for half a season before we could loan in cheap back up in Chrisene.

At least with Gent, he has proven at senior level that he is up to it, or so it seems. There are still question marks, he is playing in the Scottish League which isnt the greatest, his team have struggled and I havent seen him play but if hes more of a wing back say and we want to play a back 4, he might not fit in. But at least there is more potential for him to provide some cover, with more confidence as opposed to spending a year playing in the under 21s. We should never assume that players can step up purely on kids football, Gilsenan seems to be doing really well for example but he himself could have done with a loan, as it is we dont know if he can make the step up or be like Vale etc who couldnt.

With presumably a small budget and an onus to slash the wage budget, I fear that problem positions will continue to remain weak. Are Venkys really going to authorise us signing a keeper when we have 2, one who got a pay rise and a long deal last summer and one who was our only paid for signing. Venkys wont care that the pair cost us loads of goals and I doubt any club is stupid enough to take either from us. Equally, our team is slow, dull and lacks goals. We badly need a couple of quick wide men who can offer a goal threat. We have Hedges who is our best wide man but doesnt score many and is injury prone and might miss pre season, Dolan who flatters to deceive, Sigurdsson who has been poor and Markanday who is nowhere near up to it. But unless we can shift one, will they allow us to strengthen and add to the wage bill? Possibly not.

What happened to Batty?

16 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

We need some serious pace. 5 or 6 players who can actually run, I wouldn’t sign any that can’t.

Completely agree, unless Sammie got the wrong side of the defence I don't think we broke on any team after Hedges got injured. It's quite frightening that Hedges is about the only player who can travel with the ball.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, cesus said:

Completely agree, unless Sammie got the wrong side of the defence I don't think we broke on any team after Hedges got injured. It's quite frightening that Hedges is about the only player who can travel with the ball.

He's the only player I'm confident at beating his man when he runs at them

I know other players can, but most of the time they just run at them and do nothing especially dolan 

9 hours ago, Upside Down said:

So they'll face competition from Everton and Coventry then.

Anyone with any shred of self respect will want absolutely nothing to do with this club.

He'd go to Rangers wouldn't he?

13 hours ago, neophox said:

Think Hyam will be sold this summer and we will bring Hill in from Bournemouth to partner Carter. ORiordan will be backup with McFadzean,

I don't imagine Hill will leave a PL club to come to a struggling Championship club. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’ve said it before but 90% of the players who’ve signed recently at Rovers only come here because nobody else is interested. The minute it becomes a two or three horse race it’s over.

McGuire probably looks at how Sheff Wedneday ended the season to stay up and thinks "if only I'd not got in that taxi from Sheffield to Blackburn".

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

Somebody at this club didn't want Mcguire here and that's why he isn't, it was a crazy amount for GB to commit anyway and that's why it didn't really go through lets be honest.

Human error my arse.

So i doubt they'll revisit it unless they can loan him which is all they really wanted in the first place and to be fair i wouldn't be against that.  Committing millions plus add ons to sign him just because we feel guilty is dafter than it falling through in the first place.

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Somebody at this club didn't want Mcguire here and that's why he isn't, it was a crazy amount for GB to commit anyway and that's why it didn't really go through lets be honest.

Human error my arse.

So i doubt they'll revisit it unless they can loan him which is all they really wanted in the first place and to be fair i wouldn't be against that.  Committing millions plus add ons to sign him just because we feel guilty is dafter than it falling through in the first place.

He's out of contract in December - we won't get him on loan. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The only thing I don't like about those highlights (and I get that slide tackles are sexy) is that he dives in to a lot of tackles. I hope that's not the norm for him. 

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's out of contract in December - we won't get him on loan. 

That means his wage demands will rule us out anyway once he becomes free so i think it's time everyone forgot about this one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’ve said it before but 90% of the players who’ve signed recently at Rovers only come here because nobody else is interested. The minute it becomes a two or three horse race it’s over.

Exactly..

Billy K... 

Do you think we will get Hill back on loan? I think we are going to be loaning in for the foreseeable