BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 hour ago, Torgeir said:

Yes, but pretty certain Big Sam put saw a big future for him and CDM was less pressure as he had the CBs as buffer behind him, and it would help his understanding of the game.

The Phil Jones we had coming through was more than capable of playing in that midfield role, I remember the way he used to pick the ball up and drive forward with it, he was such a top player at that time. 

• Like 5

I fully agree that, if we have any budget, it should Fully/mostly spent on a striker.

However, for me, McGuire is not the man…It would be Waggot all over to blow all our budget on a player we missed out on just to try and win the fans back.

• Like 1

I'd get some quick/tricky wingers to cross the ball and stretch teams:

Sorba Thomas
Khadra
Poveda
Josh Butler

I'd be trying for 3 of those as I think we're dreadful out wide.

A goalkeeper is an absolute MUST as is a striker..

Happy to give Mcguire a go but again, I don't think it's wise to just sign one, if he gets injured we're back at square one.. 

Centre half is also a problem- Hyam's shit, legs have gone, I'd ship him out and bring two fresh, energetic centre halves in that are excited to play Championship football for an illustrious club like ourselves.

Need an extra centre mid too- if not two.. 

I quite like the look of Ayari, seems a good ball carrier and quite tenacious- what about someone in the mould of Bradley Johnson?

Bomb out: Mcfazdean, Gallagher, Buckley, Hyam, Pears, Szmodic is surely leaving us anyway and wipe the slate clean with some quality young, hungry and athletic lads that want to reach the Premiership.

3 wide players
2 strikers
1 centre mid
2 centre halves
1 goalkeeper

9 Players I think we're going to need- wow, that's some rebuild.

I think we'll sign nothing, a couple of shit loans late in the window and 250k on a new left back.  Club's a shambles.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Same old names being bandied around then.

Amazing we're able to have any interest in anyone considering our DoF is leaving imminently. 

A name from previous lists that are Waggot's old e-mails.....suggests Waggot in charge.......expect scouts to go next as we have old data we can use as further cost cutting. Maybe Luca Toni may still become a Rovers player

11 hours ago, Butty said:

The Phil Jones we had coming through was more than capable of playing in that midfield role, I remember the way he used to pick the ball up and drive forward with it, he was such a top player at that time. 

I also seem to remember Big Sam saying that he saw his future in midfield rather than "protecting" him

Odd account on twitter saying Broughton has been sacked after falling out with Swag about summer plans. Might be nonsense though. 

Main aims for summer have to be:

1. Someone else who can score. 

2. More pace. 

3. Central midfield quality.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

I'd get some quick/tricky wingers to cross the ball and stretch teams:

Sorba Thomas
Khadra
Poveda
Josh Butler

I'd be trying for 3 of those as I think we're dreadful out wide.

A goalkeeper is an absolute MUST as is a striker..

Happy to give Mcguire a go but again, I don't think it's wise to just sign one, if he gets injured we're back at square one.. 

Centre half is also a problem- Hyam's shit, legs have gone, I'd ship him out and bring two fresh, energetic centre halves in that are excited to play Championship football for an illustrious club like ourselves.

Need an extra centre mid too- if not two.. 

I quite like the look of Ayari, seems a good ball carrier and quite tenacious- what about someone in the mould of Bradley Johnson?

Bomb out: Mcfazdean, Gallagher, Buckley, Hyam, Pears, Szmodic is surely leaving us anyway and wipe the slate clean with some quality young, hungry and athletic lads that want to reach the Premiership.

3 wide players
2 strikers
1 centre mid
2 centre halves
1 goalkeeper

9 Players I think we're going to need- wow, that's some rebuild.

I think we'll sign nothing, a couple of shit loans late in the window and 250k on a new left back.  Club's a 

Poveda could be a good shout and his loan to Wednesday showed what he can do. Can he stay fit though?

Thomas I'd stay clear of, in my opinion he wasn't great here and maybe had maybe 3 half decent games 

Khadra was only sold to Reims last July, don't think he'd jump at the chance coming to us.

Our scouting department need to look for fresh faces to bring some spark to Ewood.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, benhben said:

Odd account on twitter saying Broughton has been sacked after falling out with Swag about summer plans. Might be nonsense though. 

2. More pace. 

Screenshot_20240511-093818.png

1 hour ago, benhben said:

2. More pace. 

Disagree- addressing the keeper crisis should be top of that list. Pears and stick insect need moving on, after costing us multiple points this season. 

• Like 2

Eustace the other day said something about he has challenged 2 players to step up with goals next season.

One will be Gally. The other could be Dolan or Siggy or one of the kids.

Whatever, the thing for me is this tells us no striker is coming and our striker has to come from within. Eustace knows and is working within that remit.

I recommend not spending 3 months talking about new strikers.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Eustace the other day said something about he has challenged 2 players to step up with goals next season.

One will be Gally. The other could be Dolan or Siggy or one of the kids.

Whatever, the thing for me is this tells us no striker is coming and our striker has to come from within. Eustace knows and is working within that remit.

I recommend not spending 3 months talking about new strikers.

We need goals from around the rest of the team as Big Sam mentioned in his chat with Sammi. How many did the back 4/5 get ? The centre midfield players ? Any at all ?

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I see the skipper didn’t score at all. If you failed to score a try for my rugby league team you had to run around the town hall bollock naked ! I’ve seen players do it !

Think he scored one. Can run around naked for all the other stupid things he did though.

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I see the skipper didn’t score at all.

Dunno why he's not on that list but he at least did get one at home against Norwich.