BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

5 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

You can play with a back 3/5 and be more attacking, so I don't particularly mind if we stay like that. I think the issue with McFadzean is he forces us to defend really deep - be it a back 3 or a back 4 - because of his lack of pace. 

I'd be happy to keep him as back up on the cheap and I respect what he has done for us in his short time here, but if he starts more than a handful of games for us then it tells us a lot about the sort of season that we'll be having. And it isn't good. 

I think it was the combination of MacFadz and Wharton together that lead to us playing so deep, you'd hope with Carter coming in more regularly and Hyam getting back to where he was last season we'd play higher. For all the comments re MacFadz (lack of pace) I don't think there would be much between him and Scott in a straight line.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Neal said:

Lets have a cheeky bid for Jastin from Girona

Doesn't seem to have played much football over the last couple of seasons. 2 substitute appearances for the first team and 15 games for the B team in the Spanish 5th tier. Which is the equivalent of the English 7th tier given the way the Spanish leagues are structured.

We already got a guy like that from Germany, it hasn't gone so well.

6 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Trebled Ennis' wages according to who?

We lost £40k on that deal - it was a worthwhile punt.

We lost 40k on that deal according to who? We sold him for a few hundred k after 6 months, so without knowing his wage, agent fee, signing on fee, surely it's not possible to know whether we made a small profit or a small loss? Assuming you meant Ennis with that part.

13 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

We lost 40k on that deal according to who? We sold him for a few hundred k after 6 months, so without knowing his wage, agent fee, signing on fee, surely it's not possible to know whether we made a small profit or a small loss? Assuming you meant Ennis with that part.

Glen M and his meeting with Waggot.

id`e like the macfadzean deal done,it`s clear he`s good to have around the club and is a leader amongst non leaders imo,was`nt sure when he signed but his impact has been  really good,get him signed up to a player coach role if thats what is needed,don`t lose him to another club,there is apparently others interested

• Like 1

Just now, M_B said:

Got told today we're interested in Ross Sykes. Rovers, Boro and Plymouth interested. 

he`s had a fantastic season in belgium,union st gilloise have just won the belgian cup and go into the championship play offs in top spot,he`s been a key player for them,union sg are one of the smaller teams in belgium

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, M_B said:

Got told today we're interested in Ross Sykes. Rovers, Boro and Plymouth interested. 

Didn’t we seriously look into signing him a few years ago?? (possibly before going for Hyam instead, i can't remember) 

Edit!! Sorry wasn't even that long ago, just last summer... https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/blackburn-plotting-transfer-swoop-for-600000-rated-defender/

Maybe he was a player we where looking to buy before our transfer kitty was abrubtly slammed shut. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Didn’t we seriously look into signing him a few years ago?? (possibly before going for Hyam instead, i can't remember) 

I know we've been linked before, thought it was more recent than that to be honest. 

On 09/05/2024 at 12:47, tomphil said:

Somebody at this club didn't want Mcguire here and that's why he isn't, it was a crazy amount for GB to commit anyway and that's why it didn't really go through lets be honest.

Human error my arse.

So i doubt they'll revisit it unless they can loan him which is all they really wanted in the first place and to be fair i wouldn't be against that.  Committing millions plus add ons to sign him just because we feel guilty is dafter than it falling through in the first place.

Think you're spot on. There was obviously a power struggle behind the scenes at Ewood, and JDT and GB lost.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Im not sure on renewing McFadzean's deal. I think hes very much helped in doing the job this season, amidst a very defensive set up trying to scrape over the line. That being said, I was hoping that wed move away from the back 5, backs to the walls, incapable of attacking style that weve seen as a short term stop gap. If McFadzean plays thats the only way we can play.

He won't play 46 games next season and that's probably how we'll set up in a fair few matches away, plus probably the top 4-6 teams.

If we play that system we need a good outlet for the counter attack, or else we're doomed. 

13 hours ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Didnt Big Sam play him in as a Defensive Midfielder whilst here?

Because he didn't want to expose him at CB. Can get away with more mistakes in CM, so wanted to protect young Phil from the extra added pressure.

1 minute ago, Torgeir said:

Because he didn't want to expose him at CB. Can get away with more mistakes in CM, so wanted to protect young Phil from the extra added pressure.

I could be wrong as I'm delving into memories a long time ago but didn't he make his league debut against Chelsea and his job was basically to mark Drogba out of the game and shield Nelson and Samba? God I miss when Ewood was an actual fortress. 

Could be part of reducing pressure but we also had top class CBs at the time and he was never getting on in that position, whereas he could add a tactical advantage at DM.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

I could be wrong as I'm delving into memories a long time ago but didn't he make his league debut against Chelsea and his job was basically to mark Drogba out of the game and shield Nelson and Samba? God I miss when Ewood was an actual fortress. 

Could be part of reducing pressure but we also had top class CBs at the time and he was never getting on in that position, whereas he could add a tactical advantage at DM.

Yes, but pretty certain Big Sam put saw a big future for him and CDM was less pressure as he had the CBs as buffer behind him, and it would help his understanding of the game.

• Like 1

Part of his problem was he was still playing like a midfield player when he was playing at centre half. He was too easily drawn to the ball when he needed to stay with whoever he was supposed to be marking. Even Fergie couldn’t rid him of that bad habit.

58 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he`s had a fantastic season in belgium,union st gilloise have just won the belgian cup and go into the championship play offs in top spot,he`s been a key player for them,union sg are one of the smaller teams in belgium

They've been making a right dogs dinner of the play offs, went into it with a 6 point lead and are now 3 points behind. I go and watch them each year, Sykes spent the first half of the season injured but seems to have played most weeks since then. Been keeping Kevin MacAllister out the team (Alexis' brother).

USG have a couple of players worth looking at to be fair, Cameron Puertas has assets coming out of his ears, Mo Amoura has scored loads of goals and the Japanese left back Koki Machida is a cracking player. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Part of his problem was he was still playing like a midfield player when he was playing at centre half. He was too easily drawn to the ball when he needed to stay with whoever he was supposed to be marking. Even Fergie couldn’t rid him of that bad habit.

Main problem was he only had one gear and it was maximum intensity all the time. That's why he got his cartilage injury while he was still with us and several more serious injuries at Man United. I think had he learned how to compose himself, he would've been an England great, but he never had the time to learn as he was crocked at a young age. A big shame, but not our player and they tend to forget us as soon as they sign for one of the bigger clubs.

1 hour ago, M_B said:

Same old names being bandied around then.

Amazing we're able to have any interest in anyone considering our DoF is leaving imminently. 

1 hour ago, Lancaster Rover said:

USG have a couple of players worth looking at to be fair, Cameron Puertas has assets coming out of his ears, Mo Amoura has scored loads of goals and the Japanese left back Koki Machida is a cracking player. 

those three will probably end up at a bigger club in belgium,holland or germany,unfortunately as we are a complete **** show,in no way are we ambitious enough to even consider trying to sign anyone of that quality,i doubt we`ll even have the minerals  to tempt sykes