BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 2/3/24

32 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

There is also the use of subs. JE has, since he arrived, used 5, 5, 3, 3, 3 and 5 subs and in the Cup game they were quite early.

Also clubs employ loads of staff to guage players fitness and workload and amend training at an individual level to that players needs.

Managers and coaches have been using the scheduling excuse for decades.

I am not an elite athlete nor ever have been.

But at uni e played Wednesday and Saturday every week. We won, lost and drew. Played well in games and played badly. There was never a point where on a Saturday where we said yeah played baldly today must be tired legs from Wednesday. Probably more the 40 pints between Wednesday and Saturday.

Off to watch Clitheroe today. They played midweek and most of the squad will have been up and down ladders for 40 hours week this week, plus training. I’ll guarantee you if they lose they won’t trot out the tired legs excuse. But when it comes to professionals the little darlings have tired legs.

It’s a convenient excuse perpetuated in the game, whether they believe it or not, because it’s convenient to keep in the locker for rainy day whether your citeh or rovers. IF we lose and it’s because we genuinely feel “ leggy” the first act Monday should be sack the fitness coach. If we even have one. 

• Like 5

Ok....so after feeling totally deflated for a couple of weeks I'm anxiously looking forward to this one after Tuesdays heroic performance. Hope we can bring some of that energy and joy to todays game. Give those travelling today something to cheer about and make us proud again. I think we can still despise our "owners" despite rooting for our team. Give us a game of grit, determination, and willingness to play for the shirt and I'll be happy. Do that and we'll probably win. No need to get fancy about it - just give it your best. COYB!

Just now, den9112 said:

Just as i read this they equalised 

Expected it a bit later, threw a few bob on the in play draw but wouldn't begrudge them a winner given the situation.

Just now, Tom said:

No Telalovic in the squad, Eustace may have seen enough at Birmingham 

Seems even the managers see exactly what the fans have since her arrived. Not his fault he's just not up to it and was signed to appease the fans it seems.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

What exactly is the plan for Telalovic then, or is he injured? If he's not then surely he's better off playing reserve team football?

nothing against the lad but he`s a non league player and it shows,game at this level is far to quick for him,it`s a stuggle for him

• Like 1