BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 2/3/24

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Could this not be down to the number of games he has played in a short time scale. 

Maybe move Hyam into the centre and bring in O'Riordan into the right side of the back 3

What changes would you have made during the game? 

What would your team be for Tuesday game? 

The changes at half time definitely improved us. I would have brought Gilsenan before Markanday as he was our best chance of a goal coming off the bench.

It depends who is fit for Tuesday. I would start Tronstad, Ayari and maybe O'Riordan. If Rankin-Costello is fit I would start him too instead of Brittain. I would keep the three at the back despite us being much better with a flat back four in the second half.

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The changes at half time definitely improved us. I would have brought Gilsenan before Markanday as he was our best chance of a goal coming off the bench.

It depends who is fit for Tuesday. I would start Tronstad, Ayari and maybe O'Riordan. If Rankin-Costello is fit I would start him too instead of Brittain. I would keep the three at the back despite us being much better with a flat back four in the second half.

Thanks for the reply there. 

• J*B unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Don't pretend they don't exist there is nothing more piss boiling than hearing boos at half time when it's nil nil it's fucking pathetic.

I remember us laying into the dingles for that when Dyche was first there it's six fingered territory that stuff and we are better than that.

We need some urgency from the team obviously but we need patience and backing from the terraces there'll be plenty time and justification to kick off if we are rubbish and lose again but lets not contribute to it.

Just seems a strange angle to go down. Any hostility in the crowd amidst poor performance after poor performance has all been aimed away from the players and manager.

I still find it strange how these boo boys berating our team (apparently) would specifically be aggravated by playing deep and going long.

Some PNE fans giving us pelters on twitter for only taking 350 to this game lby far the lowest away attendance in the championship) despite the fact they only took 250 (their game was a Friday night just before Xmas but still)

The south Wales games are always our lowest followings of the season, an absolute trek but you don’t have the London based Rovers fans turning out like you do for the south east games.

Couple that with £30 and our form and it’s no surprise. A non story.

• Like 1

Pl

12 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Some PNE fans giving us pelters on twitter for only taking 350 to this game lby far the lowest away attendance in the championship) despite the fact they only took 250 (their game was a Friday night just before Xmas but still)

Got to into account a number of different factors like travelling there is a nightmare as Elliott Jackson said on Saturday night. 

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Who cares what PNE fans have to think? They're desperately trying to force a rivalry that simply isn't there.

As I repeatedly say - Rovers are lucky to have any fans after 13 years of gross mismanagement by the owners. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Just seems a strange angle to go down. Any hostility in the crowd amidst poor performance after poor performance has all been aimed away from the players and manager.

I still find it strange how these boo boys berating our team (apparently) would specifically be aggravated by playing deep and going long.

Because it's a frustrating style of play to watch and some just think oh they are negative they can't be arsed shit manager and players who don't care.

When in fact it's designed to stop the opposition and protect a slow back four, going in nil nil at half time in a relegation scrap is never a disaster.

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Complete clowns they are they took the same number as us to Norwich despite being higher in the league and our game being on tv on a Sunday dinner time.

They really do give Burnley a run for their money in the delusion stakes but unlike them lot they have very little to back it up with.

On 03/03/2024 at 10:44, RevidgeBlue said:

The worst thing about Moran for their first goal is that after being cheaply beaten he doesn't make any sort of effort whatsoever to get back, and try to retrieve the situation, just sort of jogs back casually behind the Swansea player.

I remember Nzonzi doing a similar (but even more egregious) thing in the 11/12 season. Hope that's not a portent. 

Moran isnt up for it game after game so for me is a 95th minute substitute(if he has tp play).

Lots of Championship teams have no proper strikers and it really didnt do us any good when we had easily the best strike force in the Championship with Rudi Gestede & Jordan Rhodes.

We need case-hardened battlers in our position so with all his faults Gally starts every game for me as a top dollar defender (from set pieces).

Leave the pretty football and "playing the right way" JDT -style to teams with a budget for that like Tottenham who never win anything!

48 minutes ago, Bronzed A Donis said:

Soft lad, like Morton and his Sheff U antics.  Think they are too good to bleed for the cause here.

Just weak lads in early stages of pro development more used to tip tap stuff which they were both signed for to be fair.

Mortons gone down well at Hull this season and no doubt Moran will somewhere in the future, we are literally a stepping stone club for anybody now.  We can't be messing around honouring agreements to suit loanee and their parent clubs now though too much at stake.