BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 2/3/24

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But he certainly isnt one of the worst players to play for us as Revidge claimed, and he doesnt deserve to be coupled in with much of the dross that would categorize him with. Hes a bang average striker at this level who is inconsistent and has his limitations. But he has also contributed and put in some good performances with some good contributions since he came back. Over the years he has been frustrating but he has always contributed each year without ever coming close to threatening the top scorer charts. We have signed some dross over the years for big money who havent contributed close to what Gallagher as, and in the Venkys cost cutting reign we have signed some cheap rubbish that arent a patch on him. Says a lot that we are still so reliant on him.

Only because the bar has been lowered so severely.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, broadsword said:

Yeah, I'm no Eustace fan especially, but the rot set in ages ago. Does anyone else feel like the club is on the verge of collapse? It's just got that feel to it.

The court case, the massive debt, the position in the table, the players being sold, the debt level. The lack of communication from the owners.

Well he lucky to about relegation this year. If we do, then I can't see us surviving next year unless there's big changes.

It just feels like the club is slowly dying

Tbf I have felt like the club is on the verge of collapsing for a long long time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaveyB said:

There were a number of poor performances across the park today, but I genuinely don’t think I’ve ever witnessed a worse individual performance than Gallagher today. Not only did he contribute nothing positive, as you rightly say he actually stopped a number of attacks for us. 

I never want any of our players to pick up injuries, but when he went down in the second half I was praying it would be serious enough to force him off for the rest of the game 

He's a bafflingly bad footballer. 

Somehow his touch is worse than his positional play. He was put in a few times today, but his first touch absolutely killed the opportunity. He must be a frustrating player to manage. He'd be useful if he actually put his 6'4" frame about more - at least you could play off him, but he's too soft to even do that. 

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I had a "WTF just happened there" moment when he just didn't bother to chase after the player who then has time himself to slow down to get a better cross in, resulting in Swansea's first goal.

He just didn't bother, just gave up. Wimp, pathetic juvenile.

His actions were major factors in our conceding 2 goals so it's fair to say he cost us the game.

Honestly, he's a twat for that. 

I can understand pulling out of tackles if you're a young loanee and don't fancy getting injured (I don't condone it, but I can understand the instinct), but he literally stopped running and let their LW pick his cross. He'd never play for me again. 

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I fear that the teams around us have much more depth and better players than us.

Bar Szmodics we are so so so poor going forward. No pace, no directness…the quality in the final third today was miles off it…I would snap your hand off for a Poveda right now.

Andy Moran angers me more than ever. I’ll hold my hands up as I was probably the most vocal about bringing him in! 

First goal, he’s so tight to their player who’s got his back to goal…No need and as a result it beats him and there’s no effort what so ever tho get the ball back. 

The second is just amateurish and is something what happened under JDT ball -  I imagine Eustace was fuming.
In between these two errors in midfield he offered absolutely nothing, too lightweight and quite frankly this has been the story his whole season - He cannot start another match! AWFUL PLAYER.

I genuinely think he'll go on to have a good PL career as a #10 - but yeah he's not covered himself in glory at Rovers after his initial bright start. 

41 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Again...( again and again)

Just sucked the life out of us over a 12 year period. Everythings got worse season by season, apart from the odd blip.

Feels like we are living on life support and its just a matter of time before someone switches it off.

• Like 5

Had that sinking feeling today, everything just kept going wrong. These next two games are off the scale season defining. I’m over for the Plymouth game with a group of friends from Jersey and thought it would be a happy experience, but I’m quite frankly terrified. 6 points these next two games, come on Rovers!

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, 47er said:

Just sucked the life out of us over a 12 year period. Everythings got worse season by season, apart from the odd blip.

Feels like we are living on life support and its just a matter of time before someone switches it off.

The only successful season we've had during their entire tenure was in League 1. Other than that it's been a repeated pattern of missed opportunities, weak management, weak mentality, dwindling gates and various degrees of chaos and crisis. The Mowbray years have probably been the most 'stable', but even then you had the death spirals, a manager essentially running the whole club and not judged on results, ridiculous transfer fees for average players, allowing players to leave on frees rather than sell and reinvest, the attempt to sell Brockhall, and so on... just a neverending nightmare.  

• Like 7

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

We are running a league 1 budget right now that's why we are where we are.

Almost as if it was intended because even those idiots running Ewood knew the risk.

Strange isn't it....got that 'engineered' feeling about it all once again.

• Like 5

So many times I’ve looked back at the squads that we had when we’ve been relegated and just thought “that was such a poor squad”.  We’re pretty much at that point again.

will I blame Eustace if we do go down? Heck no. The bottom line basically is that you fail or succeed depending on the quality of your players. JDT in my opinion did as much as any manager could have done, but the task he had, given the squad at his disposal, was just too much to ask.

No particular manager is to blame for where we are. They can only work with what they have. If we want to pinpoint where things have gone wrong then we need to look at the people responsible for the impossible position every manager is being put in. It’s not good enough.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Last time it seemed to be a no no being in League 1 for some reason. The owners seemed quite happy to carry on paying the wages of high earners like Mulgrew Dack and Graham to facilitate a swift return to the Championship.

Even sanctioned the purchase of Armstrong in January.

This time? I'm not so sure. Don't see us bouncing back for some time should the worst come to the worst.

l

I think the saving grace there was they were all well paid players so even with the relegation reduction clause written in their contracts they were happy to stay as they got it back in a promised promotion bonus.

Waggot won't have had the brains to write that in contracts hes overseen plus all the above and one or two others were too good for league 1.  Not sure we can say that this time around about many of them it'll be more like finding their true level so big problems ahead unless they could reinvest sales into a first time bounce back attempt.

And again this is Waggot who instead will budget the money to pay bills, tell the owners we don't need much from them and safeguard his own position.

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

We are running a league 1 budget right now that's why we are where we are.

Almost as if it was intended because even those idiots running Ewood knew the risk.

The losses will be smaller in L1. And the remaining assets in the squad - Szmodics, Carter, Hyam (now I'm being generous) - can be cashed in . It might not have been planned but it it's a financial outcome that will not disturb Venkys.

• Like 3

As if the owners were desperate to "facilitate a quick return" last time.

Many of the players we had were senior and would have hardly had teams queueing around the block for them, many a relegation of a season after joining on frees 12 months prior.

Seemed quite happy to pay them? They had little choice although when the owners have been praised for "pumping £20m in every year" then I suppose again merely paying the bills and offsetting the losses their business made, both which are not optional if the business is to continue, warrant praise and can be turned into some warped sense of ambition.

2 minutes ago, alcd said:

The losses will be smaller in L1. And the remaining assets in the squad - Szmodics, Carter, Hyam (now I'm being generous) - can be cashed in . It might not have been planned but it it's a financial outcome that will not disturb Venkys.

That's the way i see it, they weren't fazed by the risk and aren't that fazed by relegation that's why there has been #### all urgency this season with anything.

Shoulder shrugs all round, the people at the heart of it keep their jobs or are retiring anyway, in India it won't bust their business and will actually save it a few quid.

No fucks given.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Blimey, you were Mr Super Confident at 3pm this afternoon ! Just knew it was a Swansea win when you had us down for an easy win 😂

There are no easy wins in this league at kick off time. You only beat your chest at the final whistle when you’ve done the business. If I had a £1 for every game Rovers have lost when most people thought they should win I’d be a pretty rich man.

All the results went against us today, this time next week worse case scenario we could be in the bottom three, can only see it getting worse, really feel for the club 

Just now, GaryC said:

All the results went against us today, this time next week worse case scenario we could be in the bottom three, can only see it getting worse, really feel for the club 

Most of them went against us last weekend as well. That’s what happens at this time of the season. Every year teams  start fighting for their lives, some get the “ new manager “ bounce. We don’t seem to do either.

• Like 1

No exactly, was hoping the Newcastle performance may let us kick on but the first 20 mins today just showed our frailties again, we improved in tbe 2nd half but i wasnt even convinced watching that we were even going to get a point at best which we didnt, Was glad that Gilsenan finally got a chance but had so little time to do anything,  Without Pears scoreline could have been a lot worse, lets hope we can get amuch needed win under JE soon or League One beckons

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

As if the owners were desperate to "facilitate a quick return" last time.

Many of the players we had were senior and would have hardly had teams queueing around the block for them, many a relegation of a season after joining on frees 12 months prior.

Seemed quite happy to pay them? They had little choice although when the owners have been praised for "pumping £20m in every year" then I suppose again merely paying the bills and offsetting the losses their business made, both which are not optional if the business is to continue, warrant praise and can be turned into some warped sense of ambition.

Of course they had a choice they could have moved them all on don't tell me for one min Graham, Mulgrew etc wouldn't have found a new home quick enough.

Rovers then were just basically an agents vehicle they'd have had a field day if they had the nod from the owners.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

Based on the form of teams at the bottom we are set to finish 23rd. To think we were in 6th on the run up to Christmas this is worse than relegation form. Something will have to change quickly to avoid the inevitable. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's a bafflingly bad footballer. 

Somehow his touch is worse than his positional play. He was put in a few times today, but his first touch absolutely killed the opportunity. He must be a frustrating player to manage. He'd be useful if he actually put his 6'4" frame about more - at least you could play off him, but he's too soft to even do that. 

He was poor today, although you couldn't fault his workrate. He deservedly won man of the match against Stoke and was certainly as good as anyone at Preston,neither of those performances were bafflingly bad. He was also anonymous against Newcastle before he went off. 

I don't know why fans throw all of a player's performances into one pot, rather than judging them on an individual basis. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Of course they had a choice they could have moved them all on don't tell me for one min Graham, Mulgrew etc wouldn't have found a new home quick enough.

Rovers then were just basically an agents vehicle they'd have had a field day if they had the nod from the owners.

Had we let them go for free then maybe, but either way, them staying was not through the owners desperation to get back into the Championship.

Gallagher has had one of his bad days today but previously hes been playing well so lets not rewrite history every time he has a stinker, he really isn't alone and never is.

He is what he is.

Main issue is there is no one to take his place when he's struggling or injured and we know where the blame lies for that, they brought in a 23 yr old German B level striker who can't cut it and was ill today anyway.

We know where the blame lies and it isn't big Sam.

• Like 2