BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 2/3/24

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Moran cost us that game.

Little else to say.

I had a "WTF just happened there" moment when he just didn't bother to chase after the player who then has time himself to slow down to get a better cross in, resulting in Swansea's first goal.

He just didn't bother, just gave up. Wimp, pathetic juvenile.

His actions were major factors in our conceding 2 goals so it's fair to say he cost us the game.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 8

FFS

Even BBC reporting JE still searching for his first win.

His tenure has not been good enough and we are at risk now. These are the games we need to win and he is walking us into relegation

FS

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NeilInBristol said:

FFS

His tenure has not been good enough and we are at risk now. These are the games we need to win and he is walking us into relegation

FS

Venkys are walking us into relegation.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

FFS

FS

We have 11 games left.

Looking at all teams in the relegation mix and at their most recent 11 results and unless their is a seismic upward movement in our results then we are down and the likes of Sheff W will finish above us.

JE has a mountain to climb and who will the senior players moaning committee blame.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, booth said:

Agreed. 

In addition 

He is the coach that gets the players ready and today they were not ready or prepared.

The coach is always the fall guy as he trains the players and sets the preparation 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, booth said:

I do wonder if the scam has a shelf life of any reasonable terms in L1.

Margin can only be maintained by further cost cuts and we know how that ends.....

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Millwall enjoying a new manager bounce with 2 wins out of 2!!!

Hope the stuff about Eustace at end of match is wrong otherwise I think our club really will be poisoned at all levels and his job will go from tough to mission impossible.

We are in the mire and any optimism from Tuesday night has well and truly evaporated.

Sadly, I think we are staring relegation in the face and we have neither the fight nor character within our squad to do much about it.

Blimey, you were Mr Super Confident at 3pm this afternoon ! Just knew it was a Swansea win when you had us down for an easy win 😂

• Like 2

Disappointing result but not unexpected given our recent league form.

Looking back at what ifs is not much comfort now so we have to stick behind the manager and the team. The effort is there and we just need a bit more nous in front of goal. 

Getting Hedges and JRC back will be key as they are the more mature members of the squad and can support the younger players. The likes of Moran, Ayari and Markandy, whilst skilful, shouldn’t be asked to shoulder the burden of a relegation battle. Whoever agreed to Travis leaving should be shot! 

The Newcastle game showed that we can perform when required and that the fans will get behind the team. We need this in the last few home games! 

• Like 1

Just now, Penwortham Blue said:

Blimey, you were Mr Super Confident at 3pm this afternoon ! Just knew it was a Swansea win when you had us down for an easy win 😂

The bookies won and they're not stumping up for the wine order tonight.

I fear that the teams around us have much more depth and better players than us.

Bar Szmodics we are so so so poor going forward. No pace, no directness…the quality in the final third today was miles off it…I would snap your hand off for a Poveda right now.

Andy Moran angers me more than ever. I’ll hold my hands up as I was probably the most vocal about bringing him in! 

First goal, he’s so tight to their player who’s got his back to goal…No need and as a result it beats him and there’s no effort what so ever tho get the ball back. 

The second is just amateurish and is something what happened under JDT ball -  I imagine Eustace was fuming.
In between these two errors in midfield he offered absolutely nothing, too lightweight and quite frankly this has been the story his whole season - He cannot start another match! AWFUL PLAYER.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NeilInBristol said:

Agreed. 

In addition 

He is the coach that gets the players ready and today they were not ready or prepared.

The coach is always the fall guy as he trains the players and sets the preparation 

Some of those players will rarely be ready or prepared, some never.

We're asking what is pretty much a rookie manager to organise and get results from possibly the worst Rovers squad I've seen in my lifetime, with no support from above.

24 minutes ago, Andy said:

What the club paid for Gallagher and how much the club agreed to pay him weekly is not his fault, nor should he be judged by it.

He should be judged by performances - and today, he was nowhere near the required standard.

Several good opportunities were wasted either by poor decisions or poor positioning. Also see Dolan, T.

I understand players being judged as a success or otherwise factoring in the cost, its a very valid thing to factor in.

And overall, I think youd struggle to justify claiming that he was worth even close to £5m. 

He was really poor today, had to soldier on for the last half hour carrying an injury but like many others, he was rubbish. 

But he certainly isnt one of the worst players to play for us as Revidge claimed, and he doesnt deserve to be coupled in with much of the dross that would categorize him with. Hes a bang average striker at this level who is inconsistent and has his limitations. But he has also contributed and put in some good performances with some good contributions since he came back. Over the years he has been frustrating but he has always contributed each year without ever coming close to threatening the top scorer charts. We have signed some dross over the years for big money who havent contributed close to what Gallagher as, and in the Venkys cost cutting reign we have signed some cheap rubbish that arent a patch on him. Says a lot that we are still so reliant on him.

• Like 1

Venkys deserve relegation, the fans don’t 

I can’t stand the thought of league 1 again, as much as some of you are saying yes but it might be the end of venkys, there is absolutely no guarantee of that , I don’t believe it is the best thing for the club 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You keep saying this, but he isn't, he's no better despite costing £5m and being our highest earner on £16k p.w.

And the joke is  we actually hung onto him for grim death in January. Still, you'd expect  nothing else from a Club as dysfunctional as ours.

Judging by the transfer business we did do they were perhaps wise to hang onto him.

I was happy to drive him to Ipswich on deadline day for £2m, but clearly we had no plans to ever replace him. We didn't even have a recognised striker on the bench today. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

He's a man out of depth, hence the alleged shout at the fans.

Not a fan of someone who's says one thing and does another - "No excuses culture".

He was the messiah after Tuesday. Talk about a swing.

He's clearly a decent Championship manager, but he doesn't play aspirational football and his only directive will be to keep us up every season on a shoestring. It's grim, but that's what the Venkys have reduced us to. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I understand players being judged as a success or otherwise factoring in the cost, its a very valid thing to factor in.

And overall, I think youd struggle to justify claiming that he was worth even close to £5m. 

He was really poor today, had to soldier on for the last half hour carrying an injury but like many others, he was rubbish. 

But he certainly isnt one of the worst players to play for us as Revidge claimed, and he doesnt deserve to be coupled in with much of the dross that would categorize him with. Hes a bang average striker at this level who is inconsistent and has his limitations. But he has also contributed and put in some good performances with some good contributions since he came back. Over the years he has been frustrating but he has always contributed each year without ever coming close to threatening the top scorer charts. We have signed some dross over the years for big money who havent contributed close to what Gallagher as, and in the Venkys cost cutting reign we have signed some cheap rubbish that arent a patch on him. Says a lot that we are still so reliant on him.

Really, really well said 

Thought we played alright today really, the 2 conceded were from stupid individual mistakes and had we been better in the final third we‘d have got 3 or 4 ourselves. Anyone blaming Eustace for it is wide of the mark.

• Like 2

Pray to god Tronstad is back midweek.

We have looked better at home under Eustace,grew into the game against Norwich and excellent against Newcastle,even if not credited with the Stoke win he did have an influence and even Johnson said that himself, so a little hope we will see better than we did today in the following two games.

Eustace is getting very limited time with the players when we are playing 3 games per week, more away games more travelling and these players have gone way down in my estimation during this terrible run fecking useless.Thats not an endorsement of Eustace as I'm unsure of him myself , Ancellotti would struggle to get a tune out of some of these players too 

Whoever the manager the squad needs investment, but if we do stay up and the  budget is as poor or more likely lower next season then Broughton and Kimberley needs replacing as they have done shit with limited funds.Broughton has had a shit deal here though ,it's one thing if he knew his budget from the outset but in the summer it was late in the day when his budget got cut and we were being linked to a better calibre of player and even in the January window he was approaching the board to spend some of the Wharton money on McGuire and making enquiries over other players Who can do the job in conditions like that.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Roverthechimp said:

Swansea were shit - we were worse. Not entirely sure what our gameplan was and don’t think the players knew either.

I imagine the game plan was to not gift them 2 goals. They literally created nothing. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, broadsword said:

Yeah, I'm no Eustace fan especially, but the rot set in ages ago. Does anyone else feel like the club is on the verge of collapse? It's just got that feel to it.

The court case, the massive debt, the position in the table, the players being sold, the debt level. The lack of communication from the owners.

Well he lucky to about relegation this year. If we do, then I can't see us surviving next year unless there's big changes.

It just feels like the club is slowly dying

It's been slowly dying for years, left to rot and wither. What we have now is the later stages of the decay.

3 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Thought we played alright today really, the 2 conceded were from stupid individual mistakes and had we been better in the final third we‘d have got 3 or 4 ourselves. Anyone blaming Eustace for it is wide of the mark.

100%…Eustace is not to blame.

• Like 1