BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 2/3/24

12 minutes ago, SpaceBarSlam said:

Millwall is an absolute must-win. I have 0 faith in this team to grind it out on Tuesday and I'm struggling to see us stringing together enough points to avoid relegation atm.

They looked fearless against Newcastle on Tuesday, under the lights and on prime time TV. They need to be laying it on the line even harder than that in the league but they just don't look up for the battle. Heads down too easily.

Millwall enjoying a new manager bounce with 2 wins out of 2!!!

Hope the stuff about Eustace at end of match is wrong otherwise I think our club really will be poisoned at all levels and his job will go from tough to mission impossible.

We are in the mire and any optimism from Tuesday night has well and truly evaporated.

Sadly, I think we are staring relegation in the face and we have neither the fight nor character within our squad to do much about it.

• Like 3

Just now, Mercer said:

Hope the stuff about Eustace at end of match is wrong otherwise I think our club really will be poisoned at all levels and his job will go from tough to mission impossible.

We are in the mire and any optimism from Tuesday night has well and truly evaporated.

Sadly, I think we are staring relegation in the face and we have neither the fight nor character within our squad to do much about it.

You had us sounding like the Harlem globetrotters before the match!!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

He's a man out of depth, hence the alleged shout at the fans.

Not a fan of someone who's says one thing and does another - "No excuses culture".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, G Somerset Rover said:

This has all the feels of our last drop to league one. Mowbray then, Eustace now. The constant being those bunch of see you next Tuesdays in India.

are we coming back with the biggest budget in the league this time,i doubt it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, G Somerset Rover said:

You had us sounding like the Harlem globetrotters before the match!!

I guess I got carried away after Tuesday!!!  What happens when you are starved for so long and then get a whiff!!!

Down to earth with a real bump now and tbh really fearing for our club.

Eustace hasn't covered himself in glory since he set foot in the door and, IMO, is looking like a real hypocritical bullsh1tter.

• Like 3

Not sold on Eustace being completely exonerable on the basis he's got much more first teamers and some improvements in Jan than JDT ever had in the freefall, and sat in my seat im not sure who'd be doing a better job currently. So far in the tenure we've forgotten how to pass the ball, cut Szmodics off and start every game like we're playing 70s Brazil.  

I don't think JDT was the answer, especially post the offer to resign.  But this squad is much stronger than any squad in December/January and yet any of the positives we had are gone.  

I hope Eustace can be slightly more proactive going forward, but all of the blues fans would commented spoke about starting every game to nick a win.  We have shown at points this year that we are better than that.  What we needed was to tighten the back line and build from there.  

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I know he was poor today but we had to carry on with him clearly not fit due to lack of alternatives. But your agenda towards Gallagher is bizarre.

He is bang average, but there are at least 10 players in this squad alone that are worse, he clearly isnt one of the worst players to have ever pulled on the shirt. The owners that again seem to have been swerved in terms of blame have cut the budget to the extent that Gallagher is actually quite useful compared to some of the players weve had to beg steal and borrow for.

You keep saying this, but he isn't, he's no better despite costing £5m and being our highest earner on £16k p.w.

And the joke is  we actually hung onto him for grim death in January. Still, you'd expect  nothing else from a Club as dysfunctional as ours.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, RoverCanada said:

FYI, Jackson reported that GB said he'll do a post-transfer window interview during the international break, saying that he wanted to give Eustace some space before addressing it. (Not endorsing that btw, just saying FYI!)

I really can't imagine how he'll try to spin it... if rumours are to be believed that GB's ultimately heading off (I've had a soft spot for GB's seeming competence, but I can't give a fuck anymore either way), it should be SW in the firing line, but he'll probably hide as long as he can. Might as well let GB take another bullet on his way out...

Whatever the format of the interview, I only wish they'll be asked point blank 1) did A. Wharton push to be sold, 2) did we have to make that sale due to Venky's apparent inability to fund the club (and, as a follow-on if they claim FFP, run us through exactly how close we would have been to breaching FFP given budget cuts and also selling the likes of Kaminski and Phillips...)

They may insist Wharton wanted to leave, it wasn't due to Venky's inability pump in more cash, FFP, blah blah blah, but might as well get them on record as lying (will at least get a partial answer to the latter when the accounts come out over a year from now...)

Waggot will just trot out the tired old line 'when a Prem club comes calling' etc etc

• Like 1

2 wins from our last 17 games and we need 3-4 wins from 11 league games from here to survive. We have Leeds, Saints, Leicester, Ipswich to play so it really is looking very unlikely at this stage.

Question is who stays if and when we drop down a league. 

Really hate these owners more by the day.

• Like 1

We were always more likely to head to league 1 under these lot than back to the Prem and so it came to pass.

Since bouncing back it has always been more likely we'd drop back again than even challenge the top 6 by May and so it'll come to pass whether it's this season or next or the one after.  Next time though it'll be a long hard old slog to even get back into the Championship.

There is only ever one way out of this doom cycle.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We were always more likely to head to league 1 under these lot than back to the Prem and so it came to pass.

Since bouncing back it has always been more likely we'd drop back again than even challenge the top 6 by May and so it'll come to pass whether it's this season or next or the one after.  Next time though it'll be a long hard old slog to even get back into the Championship.

There is only ever one way out of this doom cycle.

Last time it seemed to be a no no being in League 1 for some reason. The owners seemed quite happy to carry on paying the wages of high earners like Mulgrew Dack and Graham to facilitate a swift return to the Championship.

Even sanctioned the purchase of Armstrong in January.

This time? I'm not so sure. Don't see us bouncing back for some time should the worst come to the worst.

l

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

are we coming back with the biggest budget in the league this time,i doubt it

If we do go down, we ought to hope it’s Pompey, Derby and Bolton going up this season to give us a shout at being fancied to bounce back 

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Last time it seemed to be a no no being in League 1 for some reason. The owners seemed quite happy to carry on paying the wages of high earners like Mulgrew Dack and Graham to facilitate a swift return to the Championship.

Even sanctioned the purchase of Armstrong in January.

This time? I'm not so sure. Don't see us bouncing back for some time should the worst come to the worst.

l

Mowbray, for all his faults, crucially agreed to jump on a plane to India within a few weeks of the season ended and had a meeting with Madame.

The rest is history. Once he got that personal link to them and talked the talk they loved him and agreed to his requests. 

That is why he got relatively healthy financial backing during his time in charge where others didn't. It is also why he was unsackable and left alone to run his contract down.

You never know, maybe Eustace will be invited over in May where JDT wasn't but I doubt it, so instead we just have the underlings cutting costs and ticking their target boxes.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You keep saying this, but he isn't, he's no better despite costing £5m and being our highest earner on £16k p.w.

And the joke is  we actually hung onto him for grim death in January. Still, you'd expect  nothing else from a Club as dysfunctional as ours.

Hes no more use to us than Telalovic? Than Markanday? Moran? Ayari? Koumetio? Sigurdsson? Garrett? Both keepers? And theres a lot of players who he is at least equally effective as, Dolan, Hedges, Scott Wharton, Hyam, Buckley etc, all players are average at this level, effective at times but inconsistent, supplemented by some of the dross I mentioned.

We held on to him because we need him. We needed another on top of him, but the owners refused to authorise a deal for a new striker at a fraction of the Wharton money.

43 minutes ago, philipl said:

Moran cost us that game.

Little else to say.

Can't see how Moran plays again because this isn't the first time he's been not good enough. Unless there's something in that loan contract??

• Like 1

What the club paid for Gallagher and how much the club agreed to pay him weekly is not his fault, nor should he be judged by it.

He should be judged by performances - and today, he was nowhere near the required standard.

Several good opportunities were wasted either by poor decisions or poor positioning. Also see Dolan, T.

• Like 1