BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 2/3/24

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Had we let them go for free then maybe, but either way, them staying was not through the owners desperation to get back into the Championship.

Not for me to defend them but they were under no obligation to keep the budget they did other than owing it to the fans and club employees to try and get back up.

As always it was probaby the one or two of them who do actually take notice who listened to some right advice for once.

If you're ever debating the competency of the senior management at this football club just remember they worked tirelessly this deadline day on deals for Koumetio, Fleck and Duncan McGuire. 

Bahahahaha!

Let that sink in.

You're looking at multiple 6 figure salaries to make that happen. Multiple six figure salaries and this was the result. 

• Like 3

In the Telegraph today JDT said he had to leave as"the project had changed"or words to that effect.

Same story as under Lambert.

Think JDT really wanted to keep Gally as he dreaded the "no options"alternatives.

Getting promotion to the Premiership would involve larger capital outlays than Venkys want-higher player expenditure plus higher wages all round. Maybe even more pitch and infrastructure expenses. Not to mention FFP,contracts length,and the Indian courts.

Nonetheless the problems are very real in League I.......the Premiership clubs with the dough wont bother  offering large amounts for Academy saleables/players at League I level knowing clubs here are in a weak negotiating position. Coupled with seriously lower gate receipts/attendances. Even harder to get to Round 5 of the F.A.Cup!!

Its kind of a mess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Not for me to defend them but they were under no obligation to keep the budget they did other than owing it to the fans and club employees to try and get back up.

As always it was probaby the one or two of them who do actually take notice who listened to some right advice for once.

We kept predominantly players for whom there was certainly no speculation of interest from anywhere and in at least some cases would have been difficult to offload. It wasnt a case of the owners desperately seeking an instant return. The players in question stood out in League 1 and then in the main proved to again to be very limited players in the Championship.

8 hours ago, arbitro said:

We watched most of the Huddersfield v Leeds match in a Swansea pub and I remarked that I thought Leeds looked lethargic, perhaps a legacy of their cup match at Chelsea on Wednesday. Jokingly I said I hoped we wouldn't be like that. Well in the first half we were worse. We were devoid of energy, drive and criminally a little passion too. Swansea had lost their previous four home games and they couldn't believe their luck in the first half to play against such a listless team. I honestly can't think of one player who, in my opinion came out of that first half with any credit. Ok we did create some chances but woeful finishing summed up the performance. In fairness Eustace made two changes at half time and suddenly we have some energy and drive primarily coming from Ayari who started to dictate the game. We created some good chances which were spurned by a combination of poor touches, a lack of pace and sometimes the old failing of just not shooting. The goal was deserved and there was a feeling amongst the supporters there that we could actually salvage some from the disaster that was the first half. Unfortunately we couldn't manage another goal and the Jekyll and Hyde nature of our performance really has started to worry me. For the first time today I have considered the possibility of relegation a serious one. Eustace simply has to get a ninety minute performance out of them as so far we have been good and bad in equal measure in every league game. He has to come up with something that ensures we are at it for the whole game. The players can't start to feel sorry for themselves and sulk. Tuesday represents a huge game in our season, undoubtedly the most important so far. As a group are they up to scrapping and fighting for a win? I really have my doubts.

Our performance was summed up when I thought about who was our best player. For me Ayari was a level above and he gets it for me. And he only played half a game.

Ayari looks like a decent player to me, one of the very few who actually looks like he can make things happen. Watching the warm up against Knob End, he was the only player who very casually found the net each time, whilst Gally / Dolan and others struggled to hit the target or beat the keeper.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

The Gallagher conundrum.

He is our best defender but our worst attacker.

Ergo useless.

You wouldn't play a centre half who couldn't defend to save his life but who popped up with the odd goal every five games or so.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Ergo useless.

You wouldn't play a centre half who couldn't defend to save his life but who popped up with the odd goal every five games or so.

No I agree.  There was that period in the 80s/90s  when centre backs converted into decent strikers (Warhurst, Dublin, Sutton).

Often mused that Gallagher should have gone the other way. 

I don't know how long Leonard is out for - but for me he needs to start every game going forward.  We'll need him in league 1. 

10 hours ago, GaryC said:

All the results went against us today, this time next week worse case scenario we could be in the bottom three, can only see it getting worse, really feel for the club 

Seems no time at all since we were 10 points away from a relegation place and people were thinking we would be OK this season but would struggle next.

We are in a real dog-fight now. Is there enough fight left in the dog?

2 minutes ago, 47er said:

Seems no time at all since we were 10 points away from a relegation place and people were thinking we would be OK this season but would struggle next.

I think the dog is on its way to the vet to have its injection. I hope I’m wrong, but can’t see us beating Millwall on Tuesday, who unlike us, have had the new manager bounce and back to back wins. Oh how Rovers need the same right now. Lose on Tuesday and Saturday becomes a real pressure cooker. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, 47er said:

Not sure if we are a helpless puppy or an ailing old lab in the dog analogy.

Fight - 🤣🫣

They couldn’t fight their way into a paper bag never mind out of one!

• Like 1

Moran has, rightly, been lambasted for his pathetic display but Pears fumble and Wharton taking a short pass inside free kick at major fault too.

Extended highlights, as usual not from Rovers, too expensive......

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bethnal said:

Listen, I’m not a lip-reader, but it honestly looked like he was saying that. Would be keen to see it again.

Unacceptable

You can't react to fans. No matter how much grief we give that our given right. The coaching staff have to remain professional.

Someone, (? The EFL?) Should be holding him to account. They fine managers £0000s for moaning about VAR so this should be the same. Appalling behaviour from JE

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tomphil said:

Gallagher has had one of his bad days today but previously hes been playing well so lets not rewrite history every time he has a stinker, he really isn't alone and never is.

He is what he is.

Main issue is there is no one to take his place when he's struggling or injured and we know where the blame lies for that, they brought in a 23 yr old German B level striker who can't cut it and was ill today anyway.

We know where the blame lies and it isn't big Sam.

They took us from 7th with big Sam to relegation

This season we went from 7th in may missing out on play offs by 1 point to relegation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NeilInBristol said:

They took us from 7th with big Sam to relegation

This season we went from 7th in may missing out on play offs by 1 point to relegation.

Correct but not sure what it has to do with my post on Sam Gallagher.

7 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Unacceptable

You can't react to fans. No matter how much grief we give that our given right. The coaching staff have to remain professional.

Someone, (? The EFL?) Should be holding him to account. They fine managers £0000s for moaning about VAR so this should be the same. Appalling behaviour from JE

I haven’t seen the incident but I would be very surprised if he was actually telling the fans to fuck off as opposed to simply expressing his frustration at the result. 
I would want him to be frustrated and angry at that performance and him being so is preferable to the manager grinning like a fucking Cheshire Cat straight after a 3-0 dicking at Turf Moor.

• Like 6

The worst thing about Moran for their first goal is that after being cheaply beaten he doesn't make any sort of effort whatsoever to get back, and try to retrieve the situation, just sort of jogs back casually behind the Swansea player.

• Like 7

Same old Rovers yesterday. 

Pears flapping. Moran losing the ball in key areas leading to easy goals for the opposition. Gallagher & Dolan, despite the recent clamour, would only be squad players in a team at the higher end of the Championship - both demonstrate a distinct lack of quality in the attacking 3rd of the pitch.

If Gally had a first touch and could hold the ball up to bring midfield runners like Bucko, Szmodics & Moran into play he’d be fantastic. But he doesn’t, and his stats back up that lack of quality year in year out. And he’s a big pussy who gets subbed off at the slightest hint of an injury. 

Ultimately though, the blame lies with our cretinous owners & their stooge Steve Maggott. We’ve not had the budget to replace weaker first team players & ones that have left the club with better quality. This will lead us straight into League One, either this season or next. Both the players and the fans need to wake up to that fact very quickly. 

IMG_5666.jpeg

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The worst thing about Moran for their first goal is that after being cheaply beaten he doesn't make any sort of effort whatsoever to get back, and try to retrieve the situation, just sort of jogs back casually behind the Swansea player.

Agreed, absolutely awful but to be fair to the lad you don’t want him in those areas. He’s an attacking midfielder/forward yet for some reason has been asked to drop into more defensive areas by both JDT & JE. And he’s not up to it.

Thought he did well v Newcastle but he shouldn’t be playing in midfield. Unfortunately we let Travis & Wharton go and Tronstad being injured highlights the incredibly short sighted business decisions that happen at our club under Venky’s & Maggott.

GET. THEM. OUT.

The club is dying before our eyes and players & fans are sleepwalking into League One.

TIME TO WAKE UP!

IMG_5666.jpeg

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I saw that this morning as well, that looked absolutely disgraceful. Not a player fighting for much needed points!