BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 2/3/24

51 minutes ago, alcd said:

It appears this injury is related to the the twice-operated broken fibula. He had played for Sheff Utd for only a few minutes after his second op. It's a wasteful pointless signing that reflects very badly on Broughton and the medical team. 

The medical team can be overruled though, they present information and give advice. It is on the powers that be to make the decision. For all we know the medical team could well have said he has weaknesses around his fib, associated muscle problems and is likely to break down. Waggot or Broughton could well then come in and say sod it, he's cheap and it's a risk we're willing to take if we get 5 games out of him.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Don't think the lad has had 90 minutes in the last 12 months after having suffered at least one leg break.

This signing had to be high risk and should have been avoided. 

I wouldn’t sign anyone who’d suffered a leg break until they’d been back playing first team football again for at least 6 months.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

The medical team can be overruled though, they present information and give advice. It is on the powers that be to make the decision. For all we know the medical team could well have said he has weaknesses around his fib, associated muscle problems and is likely to break down. Waggot or Broughton could well then come in and say sod it, he's cheap and it's a risk we're willing to take if we get 5 games out of him.

Yeah wouldn't blame the medical department. 

They will present the risks based on his injury history and his medical.

Anything beyond that is not their decision to make.

• Like 1

If anything, I’m disappointed we got in players the latest transfer window, who either aren’t ready, or aren’t helping us- Koumetio, O’Riordan, & Fleck(though not fault of Fleck’s). McFadzean a good acquisition in the short term. 

Defending vastly improved; a combination of Eustace’s philosophy, & returning players.

This is a toughie. Eustace stopped the arterial bleeding with draws, but we need to start getting 3’s. 

Tough roadie, I’d accept 1-1. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ElTwis said:

He picked up an injury during a game that needs surgery, that can happen to anyone. I think it's a bit dramatic to be overly critical of the recruitment team here.

But it didn't happen to anyone, it happened to a player who has hardly been fit enough to kick a ball all season.

Put it down as a relatively cheap gamble that hasn't come off, but this outcome always looked likely.

• Like 3

Swans will be bragging about winning at Sunderland but Tuesday's cup game must have put some confidence in the team that have drawn last 3 games or even 4 if you include aet result on Tuesday. Hoping we're beginning to see the change and we come away with a 1 2 victory.

• Like 1

Think we will win 1 0. Be tough down there but millwall and Plymouth have to be 6 points at worst a draw with Plymouth but losing to millwall is a no no. Once we get to Middlesbrough away the run in is incredible can only look at Sheffield Wednesday and Bristol city as ‘games we can piss if we’re on it, 

RTID 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lancaster Rover said:

That could well be the case, as no-one ever seems to be accountable for anything, at the Rovers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rob_of_the_rovers said:

Going to be some tired legs out there, would be happy with a point.

The two games after this are huge, anything less than six points there is a failure.

You don't have tired legs 4 days after, particularly as a professional sportsman. DOMS would be at their worst today so I imagine it was a relatively light training session. Ramp it up tomorrow and good to go on Saturday. Unless players are carrying injuries, then it's a bit different. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Ossydave said:
  10 hours ago, rob_of_the_rovers said:

The two games after this are huge, anything less than six points there is a failure.

should be able to do 2 games a week as a pro,one recovery day and some light training then be ready for another game,playing is better than training

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I wouldn’t sign anyone who’d suffered a leg break until they’d been back playing first team football again for at least 6 months.

theres a lot of things anyone wouldnt do that the slumdogs do.

21 hours ago, rob_of_the_rovers said:

tired legs? haha

young lads getting paid to keep fit and play footy and they're tired hahaha. Gimme 20k a week and i will play 7 days a week and i am fifty chuffing seven.  imagine if they had full time jobs .

Quite simply, don't lose. A win would be ideal obviously because I think we need 7 points from the next 3 to ease any relegation concerns after how last weekends results panned out.

Feeling optimistic, I'll go for a tight 0-1 win, with backs against the wall for the last 20 minutes.

My predicted team:

Pears

Hyam    McFadzean    Wharton

Brittain     Tronstad    Buckley    Chrisene

Szmodics

Dolan    Gallagher

If Gallagher doesn't start then there's a tough call to make. Perhaps shift Sammie further up and bring Moran or Sigurdsson in? Or we stick Billy K up top and he bags a hat-trick 😂🙏.

• Like 1

This is a tough game given how important it is and how bad we are away. A draw would be OK. Swansea will see it as a very winnable game at home.

It sounds like both Gally and Tronstad will be fine to play which is a huge boost. Presume Pickering will come in too.

I sense that Swansea are a bit like us under JDT. Too much focus on trying to play pretty football but not a lot of substance behind it. Our more pragmatic style may cause them problems I think.

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

A draw wouldnt be the end of the world but we have yet to win under Eustace and we cant allow that to continue.

i can`t ever recall us winning at swansea???id`e take a point tommorow,the most important week is coming up,if we don`t take 6 points from millwall and plymouth,we are in the brown stuff imo,we`ve got a nightmare run in,i can only see sheff wed and bristol city as winnable

Pears

Hyam McFaz Wharton

Brittain Tronstad Buckley Chrisene

Dolan Szmodics Sigurdsson

Subs:- Wahlstedt O'Riordan Pickering Moran Garrett Gallagher Telalovic Markanday Ayari

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i can`t ever recall us winning at swansea???id`e take a point tommorow,the most important week is coming up,if we don`t take 6 points from millwall and plymouth,we are in the brown stuff imo,we`ve got a nightmare run in,i can only see sheff wed and bristol city as winnable

We beat them 3-0 at the start of last season.

10 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we won there last season 3 nil