BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Plymouth Argyle (h) - 09/03/2024

1 minute ago, Exiled in Toronto Mk2 said:

I’d give Clive Dunn the hook at HT, get Garrett in front of a back 4. Hyam is just marking empty space anyway.

I agree we need to go to a back four with an extra man in midfield.

This is a game which McFadz is very unsuited for.

Playing three at the back really leaves us exposed. We keep getting over run. Made even worse by tippy tapping the ball around in dangerous places

Edited by j166429

I can’t for the life of me understand how Gallagher isn’t trained as a CB. Useless as a striker but very good at defending. Look at his attributes and what he contributes. McFadzean would score more goals up front and Gallagher would concede less at the back.

And thumbs up for Leo. Deserve praise when you’re doing good. Now 3 more please!

• Like 1

Good start and nice finish for the goal, but after that we sat back and a better side than Plymouth score 3/4 in that half.

Have to credit Leo, he’s had a good half and kept us in it.

Concerning approach to the game though, this is one we need to win and a point just isn’t good enough.

Opportunity for JE to prove his worth, we need some changes at HT or we’ll be lucky to draw this.

Edited by Andy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I agree we need to go to a back four with an extra man in midfield.

This is a game which McFadz is very unsuited for.

Hard to believe we’re talking about fooking Plymouth here. 

• Like 1

Awful! Theres only one way we’re heading and that’s down…I’d be gutted if I was a Plymouth fan…The back line is absolutely terrible…Scott Whartons worst game in a rovers shirt and he’s had plenty.

If we somehow get 3 points from this then I’m 100% confident it’ll be the last of the season.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

We were doing quite well, Ayari looking good, but my God, our defending yet again, it’s like we’ve never played football before.

We aren't talking inexperienced lads either

Hyam, McFadz, Brittain, Pickering, Wharton... plenty of experience there. No excuses, as the manager would say. 

I agree would go back 4, but cant see him making changes whilst winning. Would rather see full backs defending channels then any of that back 3. Wharton was trying to play like his brother at one point there (quite effectively to be fair!!)

Ayari and buckley would be pretty effective in a midfield 3 with tronstad behind them.. cant say anyone on bench fills me with confidence except siggy keeps getting skinned so would bring on hedges

Leos made good saves but distribution awful, we keept trying clever through balls rather than to feet.

• Like 1

It’s a simple punt over the top that keeps catching us out. Eustace was supposed to have made us tighter but that’s as bad as I’ve seen us at the back this season. How we have not conceded, I will never know.

Hard to believe we are 1-0 up and I’m dreading the second half. 

• Like 2

Looking at the replays at half time I would be enraged if I were a Plymouth fan. They should be 3-1 up. I stand by my earlier statement that we will need 3 more goals to be sure to win this.

• Like 1

Eustace or Tomasson and the same problems exist. The players need to do more and perform alot better. Roy Keane always says he didn't need managers etc to motivate him, he set his own standards. No excuses. That breed is dead.