BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Ipswich Town (h) - Good Friday, 29/3/24, 17:30

24 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

8 losses, a win and 2 draws (against Rotherham and Hudderfield at home) in JDTs last 11 matches.

We were in freefall. 

5 points from 11 games. 

Useless has managed 5 from 10.

Looks very much like the freefall is still happening. 

• Like 2

Is there anyone else other than Exiled who still think we’ve actually stabilised since the change in manager?

Almost identical points return and some horrendous football. At least the players have it cushty. Might get back to donuts and head tennis from the Coyle days. 

Pathetic from top to bottom and I’m sick of it. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, superniko said:

Is there anyone else other than Exiled who still think we’ve actually stabilised since the change in manager?

Almost identical points return and some horrendous football. At least the players have it cushty. Might get back to donuts and head tennis from the Coyle days. 

We're tighter at the back but we still concede every game. Yeah, you try and figure that one out.

At least the soft lads don't have someone demanding more from them anymore. 

The whole club is fucking pathetic. From the owners to the supposed senior management to the weak as piss soft cunt players to the so-called fans who remain silent whilst this all goes on.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, superniko said:

We're more competitive within games imo. That said there's no real advantage to be gained by losing 1-0 as opposed to 3-0 so I accept the criticism of his record thus far.

He needs a couple of wins - badly.

• Like 3

Has anyone ever failed to win their first 9 (10 including the cup) games as Rovers manager? 6 points in 9 games and 0 wins is laughably bad. 

Set pieces are supposed to be an area of expertise, they are as bad as ever. Not a clue what the attacking plan is but its not working.

The squad is a mess and the players and manager are the perfect embodiment of what the owners have done to us. Cuts, cuts and more cuts.

• Like 5

• Moderation Lead
10 minutes ago, superniko said:

Despite your attempt to be witty, he was actually injured. Served his 1 match ban last match  

Thought he got a 3x game ban for a straight red, tbf. Always happy to be proven wrong!

• Like 2

There's a strong feeling of inevitability about Rovers going down. Neither team played particularly well tonight, but a goalkeeping error was the difference. Rovers absolutely didn't deserve to win but Ipswich didn't deserve it either.

JRC disallowed goal was the wrong decision from the officials. Really disappointing that they came to that conclusion as 1-1 would have been a completely fair result for both sides.

That being said, 10 games and no wins now for Eustace is it? Not good enough at all. The opportunity to pull away from the drop has been and gone, and I feel that Rovers will now slip into League One with a bit of a whimper. It's not necessarily all down to Eustace though. Not much you can do when your goalkeeper decides to essentially push one into his own net tonight, and just look at the quality of the squad, particularly in attacking positions. No established centre forward in the squad today and that falls on people above the head coach.

For the record I do think we were going down under JDT with the suicidal approach to basically not having a defence, but I do wonder whether it might've been just as well to put Damien Johnson in charge on an interim basis instead of bringing someone in who would need paying off should the situation not improve.

• Like 4

Having witnessed one of the worst, refereeing displays of my life and I go back a long time , that wasn't my main concern tonight !

The players are not good enough for this Division, I would be surprised if we stay up .

I am not sure big Sam could keep us up !

The squad is totally bereft of talent..

Edited by Waggy76
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We're more competitive within games imo. That said there's no real advantage to be gained by losing 1-0 as opposed to 3-0 so I accept the criticism of his record thus far.

He needs a couple of wins - badly.

Unless we stay up on goal difference.

13 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

We're tighter at the back but we still concede every game. Yeah, you try and figure that one out.

At least the soft lads don't have someone demanding more from them anymore. 

The whole club is fucking pathetic. From the owners to the supposed senior management to the weak as piss soft cunt players to the so-called fans who remain silent whilst this all goes on.

It is so depressing. At least the majority on here know the main (or complete) blame lies at the feet of our owners. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Lots of blame towards the ref including from no excuses Eustace. They could have had a penalty and Brittain sent off after 5 minutes.

So that shows what a poor ref (premiership too) he was today. The game was full of bad decisions.

Thought we deserved a point today for our second half display.  Couldn't ask anymore of the players who I thought gave everything they had during that second period.  Still believe that we stay up.  The officials were appalling - but the same thing happens week after week and these guys still get appointed to games despite their performances.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Thought he got a 3x game ban for a straight red, tbf. Always happy to be proven wrong!

Who do you think our starting CBs will be with himself, Carter, Wharton and Hyam all fit? (Open for all)

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Has anyone ever failed to win their first 9 (10 including the cup) games as Rovers manager? 6 points in 9 games and 0 wins is laughably bad. 

Set pieces are supposed to be an area of expertise, they are as bad as ever. Not a clue what the attacking plan is but its not working.

The squad is a mess and the players and manager are the perfect embodiment of what the owners have done to us. Cuts, cuts and more cuts.

When they sold Adam Wharton , the powers that be , knew exactly what they were doing !

To make matters worse , we replaced him with a croc and a has been! 

11 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

The squad is totally bereft of talent..

This is a fair point.

Now Adam Wharton has left which of the squad are really good enough?

I'd say one. Szmodics.

On occasion Scott Wharton and Dolan. The rest, forget it.

We're reaping the "benefits" of the Mowbray/Waggott/Venus era and after that having the worst CEO and DOF imaginable.

That's before you get onto the issues concerning the owners

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Whilst I was hugely disappointed to lose I actually thought we were good tonight and on another day would have had three points. But the stark reality is that we did lose and that is the most important thing. Our situation is becoming precarious and this drawing and losing sequence will see us relegated. In truth Ipswich got lucky tonight in my view. In the second half of was pretty much one-way stuff although we didn't create as much as we would have liked. I haven't seen the goal back but Pears looked horribly at fault. We were chatting and reckoned poor goalkeeping has cost us at least twelve points this season. Relying on just one man to score isn't too good either. We simply have to start winning games but really were are these going to come from. As good and important as Szmodicsas been this season I wish he would do more to try and stay onside.

My real ire tonight is aimed at the referee who gave by far the worst performance I have seen in a Rovers game for some time. He really tried to give the impression that the game was beneath him as he strutted about with an aura of arrogance. . I saw the disallowed goal back pretty much straight away and to penalise Scott Wharton for a foul on the keeper is shockingly bad. What made it worse was that he waited until we put the ball in the net before blowing. The decision lacked conviction and summed him up. Luongo and Morsy got away with persistent infringement as they broke play up and committed general shithousery to stem the flow of the game whenever we were gaining momentum.

Under JDT we were win-lose.

Under useless we are draw-lose.

It's absolutely disgusting the mentality around this club.

We sold our keeper for a pittance and he wasn't replaced. Yes we bought Leo but he was never a straight replacement as he's young and foreign so will take time to adjust to the English game. Unfortunately he got thrown in at the deep end and made a lot of costly mistakes.

Pears is ok but always has a howler in him. He's a good number 13 but not a number 1.

I'm actually not that bothered about getting relegated. I walked away years ago and will not return until venkys are gone. I am not alone in that. Soon enough it will only be the happy clappers remaining and they will have everything they deserve as the club scratches round the bottom of division four awaiting the inevitable drop into none league. I'm sure it won't be the fault of venkys though. 

1 minute ago, Waggy76 said:

To make matters worse , we replaced him with a croc and a has been! 

Beggars belief doesn't it. Replacing a £20m up and coming talent with a 32 year old crock on a short term deal who lasted 15 mins!

• Like 1