BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2024/25 Season Tickets

Indeed tomphil, tenner tickets are great to chuck in a couple of times a season - but cheap STs is what drives consistently higher crowds as you have the fan in the tent throughout not just dipping in for a game or two.

Cheap STs this time would just about keep us treading water… but if they actually have the brass neck to raise prices (which the FF minutes is hinting at), then Christ, it’s going to be calamitous - but let’s look at it from their point of view, think of the back of a fag packet arbitrary targets they have to hit!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

It will take more than cheap tickets to entice people back. 

There also has to be something to believe in, some ambition, someting to hope for.

We have none of this with this lot in charge.

Yes they've missed every opportunity.

Promotion from league 1 - X

Mid table Mogga - X

7th place - X

8th place -X

Just avoid relegation (hopefully) - ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Yes they've missed every opportunity.

Promotion from league 1 - X

Mid table Mogga - X

7th place - X

8th place -X

Just avoid relegation (hopefully) - ?

As Matty said earlier, they simply don't give a flying one. That's the top and bottom of it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

It will take more than cheap tickets to entice people back. 

There also has to be something to believe in, some ambition, someting to hope for.

We have none of this with this lot in charge.

I was reading a lot of Coventry fans comments after the game yesterday. Disappointed that they have fallen short in the playoff chase and technically regressed in League position having gone to penalties in the final last season, but generally a lot of confidence and belief in a process there and that with more investment in the summer they'll be in the promotion race next season.

No talk on there about selling star players before this season has even finished..

Something to believe in and hope for the future. 

Us? 

How much we'll get for Szmodics and which youngsters on loan. How exciting.

People need something to believe in. Most of what goes on at Rovers is unbelievable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Cheap STs this time would just about keep us treading water… but if they actually have the brass neck to raise prices (which the FF minutes is hinting at), then Christ, it’s going to be calamitous - but let’s look at it from their point of view, think of the back of a fag packet arbitrary targets they have to hit!

If it goes up ..I am done.

And it won't be until the scum go I'd go full on cold turkey and stop watching footy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I agree. Nothing will change until there is a total boycott. That is obvious.

and what is going to achieve Tyrone? are you Season ticket holder? if not when was the last time you attend a game? 

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

No, we should do a season ticket deal like Bolton or Preston.

The evidence is outstanding.

I have already posted my opinion on what ST should cost from next season, Rovers should charged £199 for Riverside, £249 for BBE and lower JW, £280 for JW upper wing and £330 for JW upper centre. What do you think of those prices?

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I was reading a lot of Coventry fans comments after the game yesterday. Disappointed that they have fallen short in the playoff chase and technically regressed in League position having gone to penalties in the final last season, but generally a lot of confidence and belief in a process there and that with more investment in the summer they'll be in the promotion race next season.

No talk on there about selling star players before this season has even finished..

Something to believe in and hope for the future. 

Us? 

How much we'll get for Szmodics and which youngsters on loan. How exciting.

People need something to believe in. Most of what goes on at Rovers is unbelievable.

Coventry sold their best 2 players last summer in Hamer and Gyrokers then reinvested the money into Simms, Wright, etc

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Coventry sold their best 2 players last summer in Hamer and Gyrokers then reinvested the money into Simms, Wright, etc

Yes I know. So why can't we?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Yes I know. So why can't we?

I want the same and to implement the plan GB mentioned in his interview with Radio Lancs and LT in March. 

my plan based on GB interview would be 

We brought in money from Wharton sale and Raya sell on clause so lets say it is £25m for this scenario. 

You can spend £7m for the summer transfer budget, add £2m to the wage budget for next season and the season after. So that's £11m then spend 3m on improve the club academy facilities and first team facilities. then save £3m for next January window. So that's, £17m spent whilst reducing the season debt by £8m. 

If we sold Szmodics for £15m then I would spend £7m of that aswell plus add £3m to the January budget

44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

and what is going to achieve Tyrone? are you Season ticket holder? if not when was the last time you attend a game? 

I have already posted my opinion on what ST should cost from next season, Rovers should charged £199 for Riverside, £249 for BBE and lower JW, £280 for JW upper wing and £330 for JW upper centre. What do you think of those prices?

I’ve never had a season ticket. It never made sense as I couldn’t get to enough games to make it viable. If it wasn’t for my grandson and my desire to pass on the Rovers baton I’d be boycotting myself. I only go infrequently these days and even then I only go to keep him going.

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I want the same and to implement the plan GB mentioned in his interview with Radio Lancs and LT in March. 

my plan based on GB interview would be 

We brought in money from Wharton sale and Raya sell on clause so lets say it is £25m for this scenario. 

You can spend £7m for the summer transfer budget, add £2m to the wage budget for next season and the season after. So that's £11m then spend 3m on improve the club academy facilities and first team facilities. then save £3m for next January window. So that's, £17m spent whilst reducing the season debt by £8m. 

If we sold Szmodics for £15m then I would spend £7m of that aswell plus add £3m to the January budget

Thats what a functional, well run club would do. It will not happen here.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’ve never had a season ticket. It never made sense as I couldn’t get to enough games to make it viable. If it wasn’t for my grandson and my desire to pass on the Rovers baton I’d be boycotting myself. I only go infrequently these days and even then I only go to keep him going.

fair enough. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Thats what a functional, well run club would do. It will not happen here.

Its my opinion of what I would like us to do come the summer and beyond from GB post transfer interview. Lets see what happens this summer. 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good prices but at the moment taking everything into account how many do we think we'd shift at those prices ?

55 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

no idea. each person is different 

Not exactly a ringing endorsement then is it surely if you're pitching cheaper prices to Waggot and co it has to be justified by more than a shrug of the shoulders.

Looking at the average attendances over the last 15 years, we have the highest since our prem league days. Not sure how the away fans influence this number though. Of course its only a minor increase and a lot less compared to almost every other comparable team in the country. 

I would be happy if they took 2 million from the sale of our local boy and knocked it off the price of season tickets for the local fan base. 

Despite being crap this season and all the negative stuff surrounding the club we still get 15/16k home fans for the ticket deals and big games.

That shows the support is there and if only half those irreguler attendees were turned into season ticket holders that would improve things a lot on a match day.

Our average gate this season is around 15k, comparable to a few other seasons since 2012, but nothing to write home about as pretty much every other club has considerably increased their crowds in that time.

However, next season certainly will see a substantial drop. Treading water, then a drop, then a slog back to this still piss poor level is as good as it gets until the owners feck off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Not exactly a ringing endorsement then is it surely if you're pitching cheaper prices to Waggot and co it has to be justified by more than a shrug of the shoulders.

Lower prices makes it more affordable for people. Look at yesterday 15 pounds a ticket and people buy. Similar with ST plus get them on sale early around February or March time. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Our average gate this season is around 15k, comparable to a few other seasons since 2012, but nothing to write home about as pretty much every other club has considerably increased their crowds in that time.

However, next season certainly will see a substantial drop. Treading water, then a drop, then a slog back to this still piss poor level is as good as it gets until the owners feck off.

The average away following at Ewood seemed bigger this season. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

We could well be THE worst supported Club in the Championship next Season.

You either hold prices at the very least or things are going to get embarrassing.