BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2024/25 Season Tickets

I'm sure there's a perfectly good reason for the delay. Like some imaginative new pricing structure that has been painstakingly planned and developed and is just getting the final touches, or waiting to crack on with a massive new marketing and publicity campaign in a bid to reach new audiences.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm sure there's a perfectly good reason for the delay. Like some imaginative new pricing structure that has been painstakingly planned and developed and is just getting the final touches, or waiting to crack on with a massive new marketing and publicity campaign in a bid to reach new audiences.

Sarcasm at it's finest.

• Like 1

Is there any other club in the land that might be waiting to see if two main local rivals get relegated and promoted before announcing their ST prices ?

Farcical 

This month and next will be the ones where loads of people have final payments on summer holidays, etc due. Leaving it this late is commercially insane with the amount of competing financial priorities that people have going into the summer. As we've seen, once the habit is broken, Saturdays get filled with other things and it's very hard to get people back. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

With the 30th Anniversary of 1994/95 at the top of their agenda (or so it seems) I was thinking of a strategy that could include a reference to that, whilst dropping the prices a bit and introducing a Flexible Ticketing strategy for out of town supporters.

Adults £394.95 (works out at c.£17 a game)

OAPs £294.95

Young Adults £194.95

Under 18s £94.95

Under 12s £30.00 (with Adult ticket)

Adult Flexi Ticket -

Any 10 games (non Burnley/Preston/Bolton) in JW Upper towards Darwen End) - £194.95

Any 5 games (non Burnley/Preston/Bolton - in JW Upper towards Darwen End) - £94.95

Something along those lines would be fair and also a nod to the 94/95 campaign.

Edited by rog of the rovers

• Moderation Lead
11 minutes ago, JamieUK said:

The simplest strategy would be to set them at 94/95 prices.

I’d love that, but it would also empower those whoppers who claim Rovers fans ‘still live in 1995’….

55 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

With the 30th Anniversary of 1994/95 at the top of their agenda (or so it seems) I was thinking of a strategy that could include a reference to that, whilst dropping the prices a bit and introducing a Flexible Ticketing strategy for out of town supporters.

OAPs £294.95

Young Adults £194.95

Under 18s £94.95

Adult Flexi Ticket -

Any 10 games (non Burnley/Preston/Bolton) in JW Upper towards Darwen End) - £194.95

Any 5 games (non Burnley/Preston/Bolton - in JW Upper towards Darwen End) - £94.95

£400 a ST is about £150 too much. See Nobenders, Bolton and Hudds for the way to go to get bums on seats

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

How much is the new Sky EFL deal worth to each Championship club - circa £3million/season?

If anyone at Ewood had any degree of nous and they wanted to try drive sales, or even maintain existing sales given all new live coverage and different kick-off dates/times, then they would slash every season ticket price by £100.  It would cost about £800/900k at max (and potentially lead to significant new sales reducing the  cost further) but would show the club really are trying to reward its loyal core and attract new season ticket holders.  The club would still be in profit by £2million+.

IMO, to hold existing prices would be futile and would be akin to fiddling whilst Rome burns, to increase prices would be diabolical and a huge slap in the face of every supporter and a clear sign the club doesn't care and is on the road to nowhere.

They need to feckin act and act big.     

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 6

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, BigUts said:

£400 a ST is about £150 too much. See Nobenders, Bolton and Hudds for the way to go to get bums on seats

Agreed, i'd say £330 for the JW Central should be the absolute max'.

They've destroyed the product, so should charge people accordingly...

What if Netflix announced: "Dear valued subscribers, we're halving our catalogue and removing all high-royalty AAA titles, and ceasing future additions. Instead, we'll only be adding movies/shows that in turn will benefit us more financially, regardless of their quality. Meanwhile, subscription fees will stay the same or increase." The result? A mass exodus of subscribers.

They'd better get this right, or Ewood will be a ghost town.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

What if Netflix announced: "Dear valued subscribers, we're halving our catalogue and removing all high-royalty AAA titles, and ceasing future additions. Instead, we'll only be adding movies/shows that in turn will benefit us more financially, regardless of their quality. Meanwhile, subscription fees will stay the same or increase." The result? A mass exodus of subscribers.

Weirdly, that's exactly what is about to happen with Netflix reducing the screens and putting in adverts unless you pay them an extra couple of quid

1 hour ago, rog of the rovers said:

OAPs £294.95

Young Adults £194.95

Under 18s £94.95

Adult Flexi Ticket -

2 in bold are £100 too much.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Weirdly, that's exactly what is about to happen with Netflix reducing the screens and putting in adverts unless you pay them an extra couple of quid

Luckily for them they have a base of 200m+ not 8k core fans. I'd imagine their strategy team is somewhat more useful than our group of clowns too.

Edited by superniko

21 minutes ago, superniko said:

2 in bold are £100 too much.

Both a reduction from this year, but I get the point.

Rovers are so skewed by the supply and demand model. Supply is almost always going to outweigh demand.

What I'd love personally was for the club to almost call out the fans and say "Season tickets are £250 anywhere in the ground, lets see what you're made of. Whats the excuse for not coming now?"

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

Both a reduction from this year, but I get the point.

Rovers are so skewed by the supply and demand model. Supply is almost always going to outweigh demand.

What I'd love personally was for the club to almost call out the fans and say "Season tickets are £250 anywhere in the ground, lets see what you're made of. Whats the excuse for not coming now?"

Depends when you bought, mine was £379 this season.

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

If they were charging based on the quality of the product they'd be paying you £350 a game to turn up

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

If they were charging based on the quality of the product they'd be paying you £350 a game to turn up

Haha true, would still feel ripped off tbh!

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 1

Sadly even if we reduced tickets to the price of near rivals Notlob and Nobend I am still not convinced we would shift as many tickets. 

The message should be we realise we have got it wrong in the past, we apologise, we are going to use some of the £3 million additional TV money to subsidise tickets and make ewood great again for what is a celebration of our pre win in 95 and also 150th birthday 

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, ABRAM ROVER said:

Sadly even if we reduced tickets to the price of near rivals Notlob and Nobend I am still not convinced we would shift as many tickets. 

The message should be we realise we have got it wrong in the past, we apologise, we are going to use some of the £3 million additional TV money to subsidise tickets and make ewood great again for what is a celebration of our pre win in 95 and also 150th birthday 

More chance of plaiting sawdust.

Edited by rigger

38 minutes ago, ABRAM ROVER said:

We'd sell as many as Preston at their prices iv'e no doubts.

Posted (edited)

I do wonder if we have missed the boat with cheap ST'S.

This time last year I think we could have sold thousands, more than preston anyway at £250-300.

After the nonsense of this season, the appalling home record and sky plastering it everywhere they can that at least half of your games will be televised I think we would only just hit about where we are now to be honest if they were that price. Would be another one for the "shit fans; everything is the fans fault" brigade to lap up.

As many have said, a rise is suicidal for the future fanbase of this club so that's exactly what I expect to happen, at best a £429 "price freeze".

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 3