BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leeds United (a) - 13/04/2024

Neither penalty shout was a penalty, not even close.

I’d be embarrassed if either was given for Rovers.

Fortunately the ref called things fairly evenly in the second half and saw them throwing themselves to the floor at every opportunity.

• Like 4

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Thrilled and delighted with today win. 

We defended as a team and everyone of those players played for the fans and Eustace. Our shape was very good. The defenders were excellent today and Hyam was back to his good self. Carter did excellent after his booking in the first half. Brittain and Pickering did excellent against their wingers/full backs 

We had the best 2 chances today and Leeds ended up diving and trying to win a penalty which none were. 

Eustace got his tactics spot on. 

Excellent finish by Szmodics by great play by Dolan after Gallagher wins the header. I think I never shouted so much after that when in. 

The Rovers fans at Elland Road were loud and proud. 

Delighted for the fans, the players and Eustace. Great 3 points. 

Rovers till I die 🔵

Eustace's Blue and White Army 🔵

Good lad Chaddy.

• Like 3

Terrible ref. I mean, he gave us everything 😉
3 penalties all day long LOL. Good job VAR not working in the Chumpionship.

Cracking win –always nice to see Leeds crying.

Couldn’t help smiling at the goal. Gally wins a header (!), Dolan lovely first touch and then the vision to reverse it to Sammie, and you know the rest –one touch Sammie.

Edited by aletheia
  • Like 1

Full credit to Eustace and Rovers.

Tactics spot on. 

We stopped Leeds playing to their strengths though their lack of imagination was startling for a team in their position.  They didn't knock on the door often enough especially when the ball is not running for you.

As for SS, where would we be without him!!!???  Sadly, it's impossible to see him here next season.

Really has been mainly a season of shite and today brought some long overdue and welcome respite.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We defended as a team and everyone of those players played for the fans and Eustace. Our shape was very good. The defenders were excellent today and Hyam was back to his good self. Carter did excellent after his booking in the first half. Brittain and Pickering did excellent against their wingers/full backs 

We had the best 2 chances today and Leeds ended up diving and trying to win a penalty which none were. 

Excellent finish by Szmodics by great play by Dolan after Gallagher wins the header. I think I never shouted so much after that when in. 

Rovers till I die 🔵

Yea!!

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers till I die 🔵

Fair play to you Chaddy

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers till I die 🔵

Fair play for your prediction that we could get something today chaddy......fair play fella!

• Like 2

Unbelievable result, where the hell was this heart and application on  Wednesday??

Anyway, it's churlish of me to look backwards, got to say a point or 2 more and that'll be enough and a big sigh of relief.

And where the fuck is @CP Company Dresser today? I thought Leeds “are art” or something? Art? No, today was about Arte et Labore, something Leeds could have done with today, instead of the piss artistry their forwards were giving it today.

Massive win. One more next Saturday and we’re home free, I reckon. Let’s make this count!

I think it says it all, when we have people on here, tearing up after this. I did too both after the goal and final whistle.

It means so much to so many people and thank goodness for that today, I will sleep soundly later.

Sammy the hero again, but so proud of the team again today, after what we have gone through recently.

Enjoy everyone and let's hope that's us safe.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Fair play for your prediction that we could get something today chaddy......fair play fella!

Thanks for that. I expected a reaction after Wednesday night which wasn't like this team and they stood up and made it count. This claim that these players are soft has be proved wrong cos you don't go to Leeds and defended as a team and win until you stand up and play as a team. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks for that. I expected a reaction after Wednesday night which wasn't like this team and they stood up and made it count. This claim that these players are soft has be proved wrong cos you don't go to Leeds and defended as a team and win until you stand up and play as a team. 

I of course now expect us to lose to Wednesday   using the same rationale 😆

• Like 7