BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leeds United (a) - 13/04/2024

1 hour ago, harryhealless1928 said:

Nice gesture from Alan Shearer. 30 goals in a season is some achievement for super Sammy particularly after Adam Wharton was sold to Palace for £18 million. And this in a team fighting against relegation NOT for promotion!!

And chances coming few and far between, Todays goal was a classic goalscorers goal. He made it look really easy but it was far from that.  . Reminded me of the old master -Jimmy Greaves.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

If the club retains either Fleck or Fadz ot just underlines the sheer lack of ambition, even though Fadz has come in and done a job for us.

But, we all know there is no ambition here, so just expect more cost cutting, sales with no reinvestment, cheap loans, promotion of youth, free transfers and a general downgrade of the playing squad.

harry leonard will be leading the line next season,i can`t see any other outcome other than the sell off of our remaining players of any value,coupled with broughton in charge of recruitment it`s a grim future,id`e be pleasantly surprised if any of the wharton and raya money reach eustace

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, harryhealless1928 said:

Nice gesture from Alan Shearer. 30 goals in a season is some achievement for super Sammy particularly after Adam Wharton was sold to Palace for £18 million. And this in a team fighting against relegation NOT for promotion!!

What did Shearer do?

I wouldn’t be surprised to see McFadzean take up some sort of behind the scenes role with Eustace. I noticed at the Southampton game that at half time he spoke to every one of the 11 on field players as they came off. I would assume that he is adopting some sort of role already, whether official or unofficial.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

And chances coming few and far between, Todays goal was a classic goalscorers goal. He made it look really easy but it was from that.  . Reminded me of the old master -Jimmy Greaves.

Funnily enough, my mate's dad likened him to Jimmy.

He actually reminds me of Bowen at West Ham,  he makes very similar runs and scores similar goals.

20 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see McFadzean take up some sort of behind the scenes role with Eustace. I noticed at the Southampton game that at half time he spoke to every one of the 11 on field players as they came off. I would assume that he is adopting some sort of role already, whether official or unofficial.

that would`nt be a bad move,he seems a driven and charismatic fellow

6 minutes ago, Gav said:

Just watched the goal again, that pass from Dolan was exquisite, pinpoint accuracy and pace, just superb.

I keep rewinding to see this again and again - just brilliant.

Sammie is making the headlines, but Dolan deserves just as much if not more credit for that goal.

• Like 1

I think I might have aged 10+ years after watching that game. So much at stake for both teams, and to be the first team to beat Leeds at Elland Road this season is some achievement. Leeds have looked leggy recently, but they had one extra day's rest and we made only one change from our battering at Bristol C. Unfortunate results around us but teams are fighting tooth and nails and there are about five or six good teams and the rest are, bar Rotherham, can beat anyone on any given day. The top three are feeling the pressure of facing the desperate teams like ourselves and all of a sudden dropping points all over the place. What a league!

Sheff W was apparantly better than Stoke so they've improved a lot from earlier in the season, but I think we'll be confident going into that game, and will probably continue in the same shape and try and hit them on the break. It's a must-win for them so they must open up. 

Szmodics player of the match and player of the season. What a man! Top marks for everyone involved. I have to admit I thought Leeds would adjust and beat us in the second half.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, den said:

I thought we were brilliant today. The tactics Eustace employed were the only tactics that could have won us that game. Well done to him and well done to every single player. They carried it off to a tee. I’d have given them all 10/10. We should be fine now. 

I wouldn’t expect that kind of performance too often though. The sheer determination, workrate and mental toughness can’t be replicated every game, it’s just too much to ask of our small group of players. 

Today though, superb.

Result was great. Let's not get carried away. Eustace record and run of games has been shocking. We shouldn't have been in a situation where we are excited about beating Leeds because it means survival. He's had plenty of games we should have won and he's been shocking and so have the team.. let's not forget

But yeah totally great result today. We are almost safe..need a reshape in the summer though 

Fantastic result and backs to the wall performance today and fair play to both the manager and the players for getting such an unlikely win.

Pears was IMO no way the man of the match, not because he didnt play well as he did but it had to be one of the defence who were brilliant. Hyam embarassed himself midweek but was absolutely superb today and Carter slotted back in like he had never been away, the man of the match was one of those 2. Both full backs also bounced back and did really well as part of a great defensive performance across the whole team.

In attack, it was occasional flashes with all the onus clearly on defending. Szmodics is the only one who gets the goals but Dolan and Gallagher both contributed excellently in the build up.

I still am not sure on Eustace either way, the last 4 days have seen the 2 extreme results in his tenure that can cloud judgement either way, his overall record here is still poor with less than a point per game but he has at least shown signs that defensively we can become more solid with 4 clean sheets now. Today wasn't ever going to be the game to prove otherwise but there are obviously big question marks over whether he can get us operating effectively at the other end, if Szmodics leaves that becomes 10x harder, we need not one or two but three or four attacking players in the summer, we need goals and we need pace and the big question is will that happen.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Result was great. Let's not get carried away. Eustace record and run of games has been shocking. We shouldn't have been in a situation where we are excited about beating Leeds because it means survival. He's had plenty of games we should have won and he's been shocking and so have the team.. let's not forget

But yeah totally great result today. We are almost safe..need a reshape in the summer though 

He didn't draw at home to Huddersfield and Rotherham. 

10 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

I think I might have aged 10+ years after watching that game. So much at stake for both teams, and to be the first team to beat Leeds at Elland Road this season is some achievement. Leeds have looked leggy recently, but they had one extra day's rest and we made only one change from our battering at Bristol C. Unfortunate results around us but teams are fighting tooth and nails and there are about five or six good teams and the rest are, bar Rotherham, can beat anyone on any given day. The top three are feeling the pressure of facing the desperate teams like ourselves and all of a sudden dropping points all over the place. What a league!

Sheff W was apparantly better than Stoke so they've improved a lot from earlier in the season, but I think we'll be confident going into that game, and will probably continue in the same shape and try and hit them on the break. It's a must-win for them so they must open up. 

Szmodics player of the match and player of the season. What a man! Top marks for everyone involved. I have to admit I thought Leeds would adjust and beat us in the second half.

A draw was a fair result between Sheffield Wednesday and Stoke City. They'll be a handful next week though. 

10 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

A draw was a fair result between Sheffield Wednesday and Stoke City. They'll be a handful next week though. 

More of a handfull than Leeds at Eland road ?

• Like 1

Absolutely buzzing with that result.

Lads should be proud of themselves. Another great goal by sammie, be gutted if/when he leaves. Dolan did brilliantly to set him up, gally did his bit and the centre backs were excellent. Didn’t see that coming and delighted and relieved in equal measure. Fair play to the chadster to for his unwavering optimism 😂

• Backroom
52 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

For all their supposed battling Sheffield Wednesday aren’t making the most of it, it’s a tough game but one that they will now be much more nervous about than I expected this morning.

Thought we’d be going into it on the back of two losses and level on points with them resurgent instead they’ll feel bruised today. 

2 hours ago, superniko said:

I’d just like to add, for our goal, Sam Gallagher did what we’ve all been begging him to do for years, number 9 using his size to win a cracking flick on to Dolan. 

I wish we’d see a lot more of that when attacking

He did it against Stoke too, when Dolan scored. He's frustrating, but not as bad as is often made out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeilInBristol said:

We've lost 4 in 14,that's far from shocking during a relegation battle, given the hand he was dealt. 

Barring the Bristol debacle, since he came we've conceded an average of less than one per game. To turn Rovers defence into such a tight unit, in such a short time, whilst fighting  relegation I reckon shows a fair bit of coaching acumen. 

Before these last 6 games, many were asking where our next point was coming from, we're now looking like we're going to stay up. 

He definitely deserves to start next season with a clean slate, he's earned it. 

• Like 7