BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leeds United (a) - 13/04/2024

8 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

If we beat Wednesday we’re mathematically safe.

I wondered why that was the case looking at the table then checked and noticed Huddersfield have to play Birmingham!

• Like 1

I watched the first half of Brum. They played well, Coventry had an off day but good for us as they will be out of the playoffs and cup by the time we play them. If we're not safe after SW.

I watched the 2nd half of the Ipswich game. Their keeper saved them from defeat with a couple of top top class saves.

Last minute Bristol City goal gives us a lovely cushion. If we’d lost we’d have been sweating 90 minutes into the 3pms. Results weren’t looking too good. 

We’re safe now anyway, maybe not mathematically, but it’s a huge price for 5 of the 6 teams to all get to 50 points whilst we lose 3. True price probably bigger than 100/1 if I was sober enough to work it out!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Gav said:

This is how most fans felt before we went to Sunderland and smashed them 5-1 Tony. This is a Leeds side that couldn't beat the same Sunderland side on Tuesday.

I'm reaching I know......

Leeds 1 Rovers 1

You were right Gav (although your draw prediction was a bit awry). 😂😂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Worth noting that without the thrashing at Bristol, we wouldn't have won today.  

On the other hand, if we had won at Bristol, points wise today wouldn't have mattered, other than the pleasure of sticking it to Leeds.

41 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Respect. I thought 15/2 was pretty generous at KO time. Anything can happen in a game of football as we have just seen.

Actually, the odds were 19/2 which I agree are pretty ridiculous for 2 teams in the Championship, however, football is a 'funny old game'!

To cap it all, had the winner in The National today whilst the wife (who picks her horses by name or if Rachel B is jockey) had a nice each way on Rachel Blackmore's third placed Minella Indo.

With Rovers winning as well, will be an enjoyable Saturday night!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Actually, the odds were 19/2 which I agree are pretty ridiculous for 2 teams in the Championship, however, football is a 'funny old game'!

To cap it all, had the winner in The National today whilst the wife (who picks her horses by name or if Rachel B is jockey) had a nice each way on Rachel Blackmore's third placed Minella Indo.

With Rovers winning as well, will be an enjoyable Saturday night!

Don't start bringing Mrs M's tips as well, unless she backs against you 😁 

On the match - Jesus H Christ on a bike! Why are our players either hot or cold?

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

Went for Scheffler pre tournament and seen nothing to change my mind but given my winnings today on Rovers, have already put a cheeky £fiver on both Fleetwood (50/1) and Fitzpatrick (85/1) as they are two very talented lads capable of making 'a charge' as invariably someone does. 

And Fleetwood won as well!

Oh, hang on………….

Assuming it all goes well & we stay up, we have to get ready for a crazy summer...
- I'm sure Sammie will be sold off; 

- Loanees return to parent clubs;

- I cannot see Gally and/or Dolan both being re-signed;

- Travis coming back? 

We could retain Fleck (if healthy). I don't see McFadz getting a new deal.
Also, Siggy will need to step up, & give us more than he did this year. Tronstad as well. 

4 hours ago, doctorryan said:

The sad thing is if JDT had been willing to apply this type of setup & game plan on occasion (depending on various circumstances) instead of always going "Banzai!" we might be worried about top 6 & not this crap we're dealing with.

Totally agree on this. Leeds smashed us at home earlier this season as we gave them so much room. Total opposite today 

Think off the back of this Eustace has already beaten JDTs record against top six sides? I dont think JDT won a game against the top six? Could be wrong though.

Thought we were tactically and performance wise very very good today, and showed some decent offensive quality in the second half.  I feared the worst when we went 343 to start, but it worked superbly.

• Like 1

I’d just like to add, for our goal, Sam Gallagher did what we’ve all been begging him to do for years, number 9 using his size to win a cracking flick on to Dolan. 

I wish we’d see a lot more of that when attacking

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Assuming it all goes well & we stay up, we have to get ready for a crazy summer...

- Travis coming back? 

Also, Siggy will need to step up, & give us more than he did this year. Tronstad as well. 

Tronstad has been our signing of the season, and would be player of the season if Szmodics hadn't scored 30 goals. 

Fleck has retired and I suspect so will McFadzean. 

I'd be amazed if they didn't activate the extension in Dolan and Gallagher's contracts. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

- Travis coming back? 

If the club retains either Fleck or Fadz ot just underlines the sheer lack of ambition, even though Fadz has come in and done a job for us.

But, we all know there is no ambition here, so just expect more cost cutting, sales with no reinvestment, cheap loans, promotion of youth, free transfers and a general downgrade of the playing squad.

• Like 2