BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leeds United (a) - 13/04/2024

4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

No wish to piss on the party after a great win but Leeds were awful.

The much hyped Summerville is exhibit No 1.

Bamford for missing an easy header when virtually unmarked exhibit No 2.

They were off the pace, indeed pedestrian for much of the game and it may be that Leeds just lack the bottle.

I agree that on the day Eustace won the tactical battle but it was more than that, Leeds played as poorly as I've seen them in ages.

After that pass by Dolan and his recent performances I have changed my view and hope he resigns. He's also developing a nasty streak, I like that.

I think you need a hyphen in there.

• Like 4

I think that the role of the coach can be overplayed in the modern game but for this club, this season we have proved time & again that having the best coach we possibly can at our disposal is absolutely crucial…

IMG_5512.jpeg

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

😁

IMG_5511.jpeg

Szmodics tapped one of the spare balls onto the pitch late in the second half as Meslier was about to place the match ball for a goal kick. Not massive in the scheme of things but important to us. In truth I found it really surprising that there was only one minute extra played at the end of the first half. We were at it from minute one 😁😁.

Just now, arbitro said:

Szmodics tapped one of the spare balls onto the pitch late in the second half as Meslier was about to place the match ball for a goal kick. Not massive in the scheme of things but important to us. In truth I found it really surprising that there was only one minute extra played at the end of the first half. We were at it from minute one 😁😁.

One Pears clearance alone was 30 seconds+ 😆

• Like 1

8 hours ago, M_B said:

Clean slate, as in level playing field and not starting by having to put fires out with players you've never coached before, i thought that was obvious.

Everything this season has been about staying up, I've been saying for weeks that I don't really care if we draw our way to safety. 

If he fails he fails, but to me he's shown enough know how to certainly be given a fresh start from next season, I don't really know why you would Insist on carrying any of this season into next, hopefully it's mission accomplished. 

I think we will see a very different team under Eustace next season after a full pre season, bringing in his own players and shaping his own squad. 

1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

The other thing that is overlooked is how little time he had on the training pitch in those first few weeks with games coming thick and fast. 

exactly and a point I made several times on here allowing him some time to get his ideas into the players. 

41 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I still have some adrenalin running through me this morning after yesterday and pretty much everything has been written about the great win but yesterday the Rovers fans were terrific. I saw lots of Rovers fans at Leeds who I had seen only two days before at Bristol but still they turn up such is their devotion. Apart from Marching on Together pre match I hardly heard the Leeds supporters and Eustace and the players deserve credit for that but Rovers fans were at it for the duration. Even the M62 being a car park and having to come home on the back roads couldn't spoil our day 😂😂.

I agree. I am still buzzing and smiley big after yesterday good performance, winning at Leeds and another clean sheet. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I still have some adrenalin running through me this morning after yesterday and pretty much everything has been written about the great win but yesterday the Rovers fans were terrific. I saw lots of Rovers fans at Leeds who I had seen only two days before at Bristol but still they turn up such is their devotion. Apart from Marching on Together pre match I hardly heard the Leeds supporters and Eustace and the players deserve credit for that but Rovers fans were at it for the duration. Even the M62 being a car park and having to come home on the back roads couldn't spoil our day 😂😂.

Made up for you and the rest of the Rovers hordes, you deserved that after the debacle in midweek.

I must admit, watching yesterday reminded me so much of Rovers games late 80’s when we were pushing for promotion. The pressure does funny things to teams, you can’t do anything about it as Leeds and Leicester found out this weekend and we found out to our cost many times late 80’s. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 4

Just now, Herbie6590 said:

One Pears clearance alone was 30 seconds+ 😆

And we loved it 😇. The boot has been on the other foot plenty of times so I understand the anger of the Leeds fans but as for sympathy? No chance.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Generally I thought the ref was very good yesterday but he did nothing about our obvious time wasting.

If that had happened against us I'd be livid.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

That was worth a watch to see how pears lived rent free in the slime lickers heads. Although the biggest surprise is I didn’t know those yarkshire knuckle draggers could count so high.

Although one did go from 23 to 40 and fairly swiftly to 55 and 60. To be fair in the 20s these are pretty big numbers for the average Yorkshiremen. He definitely earned his gold star A for effort.

That being said I’ll add the caveat keepers wasting time does normally annoy me. I think they have 8 seconds to hold the ball but it really isn’t uncommon to see them hold it for 15-20 seconds and I’ve never seen it ever punished. 

We got a break with a lenient Ref but we did push the envelope quite a bit.

The speed counting of seconds was good fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

I think that the role of the coach can be overplayed in the modern game but for this club, this season we have proved time & again that having the best coach we possibly can at our disposal is absolutely crucial…

IMG_5512.jpeg

They need to put some beds in it for midweek away games.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ageoftherover said:

If so, that peach of an assist is a weird time to reach that conclusion.

It was a reference to a grammatical error (the difference between resign and re-sign) in a previous post, please follow the conversation before butting in.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What it really needs is some wings and a couple of engines.

Why would a relegation fighting team owned by billionaires fly anywhere in midweek when they can spend 4hrs each way on a bus ?

Not like they risk getting battered 5 nil or anything.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Made up for you and the rest of the Rovers hordes, you deserved that after the debacle in midweek.

I must admit, watching yesterday reminded me so much of Rovers games late 80’s when we were pushing for promotion. The pressure does funny things to teams, you can’t do anything about it as Leeds and Leicester found out this weekend and we found out to our cost many times late 80’s. 

Going to Stoke and winning 1 nil with a David Mail penalty after missing about 5 of the last 6 pens, in front of 3500 Rovers fans in a crowd of about 9500 !

Then off to Sett End...🙂

The youth of today are so stale.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, M_B said:

One out of 14? Come on Neil. We've been in every other game.

It's been dull as dishwater and won't do from the start of a season, but all I'm saying is he's surely deserved a chance with a clean slate,now he knows the squad. 

I think he's shown a bit of nous. 

Yeh totally.

See my post in the Eustace thread.

Aside from Bristol -which was down to many individual mistakes (he should have dropped hyam at half time though)

He's definitely made headway since international break and overall he is getting us to the promised 50points.

Fantastic result yesterday.

I think the travelling fans made a huge impact too and helped the team.

The win is great for our teams confidence 

• Like 1