BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leeds United (a) - 13/04/2024

• Upside Down changed the title to v Leeds United (a) 13/04/2024

Leeds by no means unstoppable as a poor Sunderland side proved on Tuesday and Watford proved recently.

But they'll be well up for this especially after dropping those two points at home and after Leicester lost and Ipswich only drew.

If we keep the deficit below 3 I'll be surprised.

• Like 1

My fear after last night is that Eustace will go with a back five after last night. Doing that would play into their hands and allow them to overrun us. I would be quite happy to see Hyam and Brittain left out and replaced with Carter and JRC. Bring Garrett into midfield and at least we look more competitive rather than rolling over like last night. 

• Like 4

For the first time in a very long time, I might not even bother watching the game... it's almost guaranteed to ruin my weekend.

After last night's shit show, i've never been so sure of anything in my life, we'll lose this by at least 2.

It’s a hard one to call. Do you go out with our best eleven ( whoever/whatever that is ) or do you save them for the Sheff Wed game ?  Whoever plays we can’t have a repeat of last nights score line.

I think Arbitro speculated on a 5 at the back line up and I think he may be right. I haven’t got into the frame of mind to watch last nights “ highlights “ no show yet but If what I read is correct Hyam better not be one of them. 

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

4 minutes ago, Michael123458 said:

Just go there and kick fuck out of Leeds don’t pull out a tackle win lose or draw 100% on the pitch leave everything out there. 

RTID!!

Wouldn’t it be nice to even think that would happen. It’s damage limitation the aim of the game in this one and miracles are not about to happen. 

8 hours ago, arbitro said:

My fear after last night is that Eustace will go with a back five after last night. Doing that would play into their hands and allow them to overrun us. I would be quite happy to see Hyam and Brittain left out and replaced with Carter and JRC. Bring Garrett into midfield and at least we look more competitive rather than rolling over like last night. 

Agreed with this... While I'm not against three at the back generally I think it has not worked for us at all, mainly as we cant support the front three adequately so we just let the other side come at us over and over and the defence cant cope. We've limited other sides quite well with the back four Bristol City apart so lets just have confidence in that.

Id go

Pears

Brittain.   Carter.   Wharton.   Chrisene

JRC.     Tronstad 

Markanday        Szmodics.    Dolan

Gallagher

If we come away with anything it will be incredible.

7 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s a hard one to call. Do you go out with our best eleven ( whoever/whatever that is ) or do you save them for the Sheff Wed game ?  Whoever plays we can’t have a repeat of last nights score line.

I think Arbitro speculated on a 5 at the back line up and I think he may be right. I haven’t got into the frame of mind to watch last nights “ highlights “ no show yet but If what I read is correct Hyam better not be one of them. 

Wednesday is 8 days after so I cant see why we would rest anyone.

Regarding the Wednesday game just been listening to Arte et Labore podcast and they mentioned that Wednesday despite their position have had top 10 form over the last 25 (!!!) games while we have relegation form in that period. Its got me absolutely cacking it.

Edited by joey_big_nose

1 hour ago, lraC said:

Wouldn’t it be nice to even think that would happen. It’s damage limitation the aim of the game in this one and miracles are not about to happen. 

All I want to see Saturday pal tbh. Hit a few tackles let the Leeds know we’re there. 

Even if we get smashed want to see a few of the boys lay a glove on them. 

2 hours ago, Michael123458 said:

Just go there and kick fuck out of Leeds don’t pull out a tackle win lose or draw 100% on the pitch leave everything out there. 

RTID!!

How are we going to do that withthe softestsquad in world football? 

The Rovers women's team has more bollocks than the men's. 

I'd be more confident fielding the under 9s tbh, at least they'll play with some desire.

2 hours ago, Michael123458 said:

RTID!!

1 hour ago, Michael123458 said:

All I want to see Saturday pal tbh. Hit a few tackles let the Leeds know we’re there. 

Even if we get smashed want to see a few of the boys lay a glove on them. 

Think that's wishful thinking Michael!

This is by far the easiest of Leeds' remaining games (others M'brough and an improving QPR away and Saints at home) and after a loss and a draw in their last 2 games, they will be absolutely determined and ruthless in trying to get back on track in what will be a white hot Elland Road (I absolutely hate that ground and its mindless morons). 

I really fear for us and if they get an early goal then it could be anything from 5 upwards as goal difference might determine who goes up in the top 2.  They have players capable of ripping us to shreds and inflicting material damage.

I look at our soft boys and think most of them will just shrivel.

This has got horrible - another thrashing on Saturday and then the Owls at Ewood in front of 7,000 of their supporters (will seem like an away match for us) with our confidence in tatters.  Just wtf was Maggot thinking about in letting them have all those tickets - should have restricted them to 1,500 upstairs and tried to fill the stadium with our own fans at £5/ticket; survival is more important than a few extra grand in ticket sales. 

What an unbelievable and self inflicted mess we find ourselves in.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2