BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leeds United (a) - 13/04/2024

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Guys, if you disagree with fine but sadly can't stand people with negative attitude in life. I will always stand by my Rovers and will continue to back them in every game/day of my life. 

you worked it out for yourself so what's was the point in asking the question JH? 

so pray tell what positivise we take to leeds after the bristol farce. 

• Like 1

got myself an office day today , brought me laptop in but defo thinking of going and  driving to another job so i dont need to watch. If hyam starts then I give up with the cap wearing loser... oops sorry one win wonder boy.

• Like 1

I'm really desperate and after checking the weather forecast for Leeds it has changed to an 80% chance of rain between 1 and 3 pm and in my view the wetter the pitch the higher the tempo Leeds will play at. I can normally find some little thing to give me hope before any game but today I can't - even the weather Gods are conspiring against us.

11 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I'm really desperate and after checking the weather forecast for Leeds it has changed to an 80% chance of rain between 1 and 3 pm and in my view the wetter the pitch the higher the tempo Leeds will play at. I can normally find some little thing to give me hope before any game but today I can't - even the weather Gods are conspiring against us.

This is how most fans felt before we went to Sunderland and smashed them 5-1 Tony. This is a Leeds side that couldn't beat the same Sunderland side on Tuesday.

I'm reaching I know......

Leeds 1 Rovers 1

9 hours ago, Miller11 said:

5pm will be too late. 12:30 kick off so I’d get the number pinned by 12:45.

But by 5pm, we will have lost and Birmingham, Sheff Wed, Millwall, QPR and Huddersfield will have all won 😬

Be very interesting to see how Huddersfield get on, I'm sure they'll fair better away at Bristol City than our spineless cowards did.

27 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

But by 5pm, we will have lost and Birmingham, Sheff Wed, Millwall, QPR and Huddersfield will have all won 😬

Be very interesting to see how Huddersfield get on, I'm sure they'll fair better away at Bristol City than our spineless cowards did.

They will almost certainly win as well. Our chances of surviving are going to look even thinner come 5pm 🙈

Edited by Penwortham Blue

Well, at least it's not boring, watching the Rovers.

I'm another who thinks Hyam has lost the plot, and seems bizarrely disinterested in the simple job of doing his job. Gawd knows what happens in training, but someone needs to call him out for his complete lack of professionalism, and remind him that his job is to defend our goal, not to add to the potency of the opponents' attack.

I think what we saw at Sunderland was the last time this season that the side was properly balanced, motivated and facing opposition with similar problems of inconsistency as ourselves. Sadly I think we will be overwhelmed today, and our abject capitulation at Bristol will be followed by another dispiriting slump towards the trap door.

Best case 2-1 with Sammie grabbing a neat consolation and adding to his transfer value..

Worst case - hide behind the sofa come 2.15pm

Most likely case - sore bums all round.

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Whatever happens today in terms of the result we need to see a big reaction from Wednesday's debacle and put in a decent performance and be competitive.

I've defended Eustace up to now and up until the  Bristol City game I thought we were improving but that simply wasn't acceptable. Whatever PR spin he puts on it in interviews he needs to have put some rockets up backsides in private and get them fired up.

I wouldn't have Hyam anywhere near the side after Wednesday, he'd be collecting his P45 if it was up to me, it's very easy for the attitude of one bad apple to infect the rest of the squad.

If there is any truth to the rumour they were trying to shift him in Jan perhaps that's why.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Paul Robinson probably my favourite player on that list, mainly because I watched a lot of games live during his time and he was remarkable at times. 

Fowler probably my least favourite!

1 hour ago, Gav said:

This is how most fans felt before we went to Sunderland and smashed them 5-1 Tony. This is a Leeds side that couldn't beat the same Sunderland side on Tuesday.

I'm reaching I know......

Leeds 1 Rovers 1

I actually predicted a win at Sunderland Gav based on not much more than a gut feeling. Today feels different somehow however I will concede that my judgement could well be impaired by the Bristol debacle. Confidence took a real hammering on Wednesday and the things we have done well under Eustace like being solid just evaporated.

I sincerely hope I'm congratulating you tonight on your accurate prediction and will be delighted to be wrong 😁.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, arbitro said:

1700 Rovers fans going to Leeds today. Great effort and probably the one constant of recent times.

Ruddy shrinkflation - The Pennines have become Pennies according to la Plod.

Fair play to 1700 gullible and hardy souls for going like lambs to the slaughter in the wars of the Roses.

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The numbers of away fans are the one shining light at the club at the moment.

Because some clubs do want rovers fans attending games, just not ours 

Edited by B16Rover
Do realise Leeds notoriously charge mega money for tickets

Cracking following considering the ever increasing debacle of this season - plus £35 a pop for a dinner time Sky game.

The away support is the best it’s been for a long, long time, this club and its fanbase is dormant, but the potential is still there  - but yeah, ‘shit support’, ‘nobody would ever buy us’, ‘Bury’.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, arbitro said:

1700 Rovers fans going to Leeds today. Great effort and probably the one constant of recent times.

Absolute heroes every single one of them.

Let's hope our poor sensitive boys do the absolute minimum for those brave/mad enough to go and bleed for the shirt today. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Ruddy shrinkflation - The Pennines have become Pennies according to la Plod.

Fair play to 1700 gullible and hardy souls for going like lambs to the slaughter in the wars of the Roses.

I must take issue with the ‘gullible’ reference, please replace that with loyal if you would.

👍

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Great effort from the travelling support.

The players need to turn up this time, they owe the away fans big time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

If there is any truth to the rumour they were trying to shift him in Jan perhaps that's why.

More likely to get a higher wage earner off the pay roll but would have been no great loss imo, I never really rated him even before last Wednesday. I thought he was one of the worst performers during the implosion in the second half of last season.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ABBEY said:

so pray tell what positivise we take to leeds after the bristol farce. 

The Bristol City game has gone. It was very poor performance and result. simple as. Move on. 

Also don't forget this Leeds team couldn't beat Sunderland at home whilst we just beat them 5-1. 

49 minutes ago, arbitro said:

excellent from every single one of those Rovers fan