BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leeds United (a) - 13/04/2024

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Think that's wishful thinking Michael!

This is by far the easiest of Leeds' remaining games (others M'brough and an improving QPR away and Saints at home) and after a loss and a draw in their last 2 games, they will be absolutely determined and ruthless in trying to get back on track in what will be a white hot Elland Road (I absolutely hate that ground and its mindless morons). 

I really fear for us and if they get an early goal then it could be anything from 5 upwards as goal difference might determine who goes up in the top 2.  They have players capable of ripping us to shreds and inflicting material damage.

I look at our soft boys and think most of them will just shrivel.

This has got horrible - another thrashing on Saturday and then the Owls at Ewood in front of 7,000 of their supporters (will seem like an away match for us) with our confidence in tatters.  Just wtf was Maggot thinking about in letting them have all those tickets - should have restricted them to 1,500 upstairs and tried to fill the stadium with our own fans at £5/ticket; survival is more important than a few extra grand in ticket sales. 

What an unbelievable and self inflicted mess we find ourselves in.

They'll say oh we can't do that but then can and have in the past when the club and local plod could be arsed.

4.5k would have been ample for Sheff Wed at normal price with the majority filling the upper tier that would have been the sensible thing to do. Didn't matter in the recent past our teams seemed to love it and it got them up for it but this lot have demonstrated it gives them the wobbles. 2 of the most nervous keepers iv'e ever seen, inexperienced kids and a few pros who are eyeing the door it's another recipe for disaster.

I remain convinced some inside Ewood actually want relegation.

• Like 1

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Leeds United (a) - 13/04/2024
  • Herbie6590 pinned this topic

Hard to predict anything other than a heavy defeat.

If Bristol City can steamroll us without barely getting out of a jog, Leeds have the potential to make it a cricket score.

The back 4 needs to change after the dire performance & mistakes from all of them v Bristol City. Carter is the best CB at the club and Wharton is the best of the rest & in good form overall. 

Ayari in midfield with JRC in the John Stones role

Would drop Pears & Gallagher if I could but there’s no-one better!

Szmodics captain, he’s the only one that shows the passion week in week out

Don’t particularly rate Moran but Markanday is a luxury player.

IMG_6522.jpeg

• Like 2

Thankfully, last night was out of character with how we've played for the last few weeks. 

Repeat last night and it will be a similar result, repeat the game before against Southampton and the nerves at Elland Rd might just start jangling. 

Whatever happens, even if we do lose, it can't be a repeat of last night's surrender. 

• Like 2

Absolutely dreading this game. We are likely to be humiliated again.

The question will be "can we recover for the games that are left".

The sooner this season ends the better. Why oh why do normally sane men and women put themselves through it year after year with no recovery in sight? 

Pure masochism. If we get relegated I think I'll be letting go. Sick of waiting for things to turn around.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, ruggles1995 said:

I think you just have to put your best 11 players fit available out on a pitch and make it work and pray. Id go 451-

JRC hyam wharton pickering 

Dolan bucko szmodics Tronstad Chrisene

Gallagher

Good grief, that’s our best players. We are doomed 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, M_B said:

Thankfully, last night was out of character with how we've played for the last few weeks. 

Repeat last night and it will be a similar result, repeat the game before against Southampton and the nerves at Elland Rd might just start jangling. 

Whatever happens, even if we do lose, it can't be a repeat of last night's surrender. 

You make 100% sense. 

I’m expecting something closer to 0-0, definitely not 5-1, or 0-5. We very well may lose, but I expect our lads will give a great account of themselves at Elland. 

COYB! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WacoRover said:

You make 100% sense. 

I’m expecting something closer to 0-0, definitely not 5-1, or 0-5. We very well may lose, but I expect our lads will give a great account of themselves at Elland. 

COYB! 

Prepare to be disappointed 

I actually think we'll do OK, till about 70 mins then ship a few goals and lose, again.

Any optimism from the Sunderland/Southampton games has completely gone now.

I'm almost at the point where I think it might be better to get relegated, because next season, bearing in mind a number of this squad will be leaving, it would be an embarrassing season in the championship, far worse than this one.

Thankfully going away for the weekend from today so won't let these clowns ruin another weekend, I'll check the scores when I get round to it.

• Like 2

I’ve kept away for a bit and decided not to watch the Bristol City game as I felt sure we’d lose. Not by such a big margin but it didn’t surprise me either.

I’m probably in the minority, but I never felt that win against Sunderland was Rovers turning a corner. It felt more like that infamous win against ManUre under K**n. It is a one off and that’s it. I have no confidence in this team or this manager, and still think this will go to the final round. To think we’re at a place in time where the once mighty Rovers have to rely on others misfortune to stay up is heartwrenching.

So my prediction for this game should be obvious and I will not be able to watch it as I have other commitments that day. Always feel bad for those travelling who have to put up with this lot. You guys and gals are true heroes! I just hope I’m wrong and you get something to cheer about come Saturday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moerpho said:

To think we’re at a place in time where the once mighty Rovers have to rely on others misfortune to stay up is heartwrenching.

I’m as pissed off as anyone with the way things are going but we are absolutely not at this point yet.

it is entirely in our own hands. Win our two home games and we will stay up. Possibly just one of them (Sheff Wed)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I’m as pissed off as anyone with the way things are going but we are absolutely not at this point yet.

it is entirely in our own hands. Win our two home games and we will stay up. Possibly just one of them (Sheff Wed)

You are quite correct, it is still in our own hands, however one win under the new manager and a demoralising defeat on Wednesday, really will take some recovering from.

This is not helped by us selling 7,000 tickets to SWFC and making it a cup final for them and helping to get them up for it. I cannot for the life of me, so Rovers getting as up for it as they will and neither will our fans.

This weekends fixtures look challenging from our point of view too and if they go as I expect with another heft defeat for us and a Sheff Weds win, then we are really up against it a week on Sunday and I fear the worst.

They'll probably beat Stoke at home whilst we getting beat at Leeds so yes they will be well up for it in that case and we are just clinging to hope that the team that has let us down all season can actually show up.

We both lose or draw this weekend then it's nerves all around.

Whatever happens it's a stupid decision to let them pack out the end and hand more backing than necessary to their team and i can't think of another club in the land would do something so stupid.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, tomphil said:

They'll probably beat Stoke at home whilst we getting beat at Leeds so yes they will be well up for it in that case and we are just clinging to hope that the team that has let us down all season can actually show up.

We both lose or draw this weekend then it's nerves all around.

Whatever happens it's a stupid decision to let them pack out the end and hand more backing than necessary to their team and i can't think of another club in the land would do something so stupid.

That's  the big issue. If they do win on Saturday and we lose, they bring some real momentum into the game. they won their last away game 0-2 and assuming they do win, it would then be two wins and a draw from their last 3.

As we know, Rovers have won one under this manager, so why would we give them an even bigger boost by giving them an allocation of 7,000?

Self inflicted this, if it does go the way I fear.

• Like 2

Pears

JRC   Carter   Wharton  Pickering

Tronstad  Garrett

Dolan        Szmodics      Chrisene

Gallagher

Wahlstedt, Billy, O’Riordan, Buckley, Moran, Gilsenan, Tyjon, Duru, Markanday

Can see this being 0-0 until half time and everyone saying "oh we're doing alright here" to lose 3-0 in the second half.

Can't see anyone else around us winning this weekend so that's one plus.

35 minutes ago, lraC said:

That's  the big issue. If they do win on Saturday and we lose, they bring some real momentum into the game. they won their last away game 0-2 and assuming they do win, it would then be two wins and a draw from their last 3.

As we know, Rovers have won one under this manager, so why would we give them an even bigger boost by giving them an allocation of 7,000?

Self inflicted this, if it does go the way I fear.

You'd think that might have been taken into consideration in the upper corridors at Ewood especially seeing as recently they've been splitting bigger followings between the bottom corner and the top tier.

They've reduced to Coventry tickets obviously but imo that's on the back of this one subsidising it and that is Waggot all over, rather pointless exercise.

More brains in a pound of mince.

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Can see this being 0-0 until half time and everyone saying "oh we're doing alright here" to lose 3-0 in the second half.

Can't see anyone else around us winning this weekend so that's one plus.

Hope you are right. I have a feeling that Sheff Weds will win and maybe Brum too.

It is squeaky bum time if that happens.

Where do you go from a 5-0 defeat to Bristol in such a crucial period/ fixture.

Bottle jobs. Relegation and a big shake up of the club is needed. We'll have to go right back to the bones as a club to make any kind of long term progress - and under new owners. 

Plenty of decent people will lose jobs but that is what happens in football under bad ownership.

Waggott is doing a great job of making life more difficult too, selling huge allocations to away teams in 6 pointers. Keep it up Steve! 👍

18 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

Where do you go from a 5-0 defeat to Bristol in such a crucial period/ fixture.

Bottle jobs. Relegation and a big shake up of the club is needed. We'll have to go right back to the bones as a club to make any kind of long term progress - and under new owners. 

Plenty of decent people will lose jobs but that is what happens in football under bad ownership.

Waggott is doing a great job of making life more difficult too, selling huge allocations to away teams in 6 pointers. Keep it up Steve! 👍

People often talk about potential job losses as a reason we need Venkys to keep funding us rather than risk administration. 

As though under vile Venkys and Waggott there haven't been any job losses over the last 12 years and as though self-inflicted relegation under them won't result in more.

With the likes of Waggott penny pinching everywhere I'd take it as given that those employed at the club are essential roles and probably on as low a wage as we can find and get away with. Hence a setup not fit for purpose.

Administration still means the club functions and essential tasks performed. Those here now would probably still be needed in administration.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Exactly , the game I think we will win is Coventry !

• Like 1