BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Supply and demand. Sky charge what they do simply because the demand is there.

The money swishing around in football is purely because of the armchair viewer. The match going fan is an afterthought to the powers that be; we don't register with them.

Edited by Wheelton Blue
  • Like 5

54 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

there's no hope when people big up rip off Britain. So chaddy you've done dodgy things in the past but why moan at folk doing what you did in the past . Stinks of hypocrisy. There was a thing on nfluk ( i think) a year or so ago and they broke down if you wanted to watch hings legally including sport from other countries and to do it it legit it worked out at something like 2 grand a month . You must have a good job chaddy lad . Sky on its is own is a rip off and then if you want footy you need sky , amazon and BT. (I'm shitty at maths but what does that work out at ?

I don't have BT Sport Abbey. 

I paid £30 a month for Sky Sports Abbey plus £8 for amazon prime. Bargain in my opinion. Loads of footy, cricket, F1 to watch. 

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Even without Prime and BT, just the sky sports packages are extortionately priced. How anyone can claim they are value for money is crazy. Flawed logic just saying well actually I want to watch the sport, that doesnt justify the prices. And clearly many wont or cant pay those prices hence why so many are forced to stream.

It's £30 per month. Think about much spend on a night out or meal out. It's £50 for you and your partner somewhere decent. If you think 30 pounds a month is alot given loads of football, cricket and couple of F1 race a month then I give up with you

Of course, the VFM factor also comes down to what you ate interested in. I'd concede that if you like cricket, golf, rugby union, F1 etc. and sport is your primary interest/social expense then fair enough, £30 all you can eat is great.

If however you only like football, and your interest in that competes with other expensive hobbies like weekend city breaks or live music etc. then all of a sudden £x per month is rather unattractive.

5 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

£50 for two people...crikey, I'd love to know where you eat out these days for that @chaddyrovers !!!

Crafty fox in Accrington. Great food. Great owner. Great chef. 

Just 1 course with a couple of drinks. 

But mainly I've stop eating out cos I prefer to make at home and buy from local meat providers 

• Like 1

Definitely do; takeaway choices, eat out choices, tv subscriptions, soft drink choices, butchers, the cut down on the booze.

You need a ‘diary of a season’, like Big Al’s in ‘95.

Edited by Mattyblue

7 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Definitely do; takeaway choices, eat out choices, tv subscriptions, soft drink choices, butchers, the cut down on the booze.

no thanks Matty but nice idea 👍

42 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is Sky £30 a month all in including the Sports package?

£30 for the Sports package for my package. I haven't posted what I paid overall for my Sky, Netflix and Disney plus package which is all in one for me. I think its bargain considering what is included and given that there is something for everything there who lived in my house

A new Sky Customers could get Sky Q and Sports for £51. 

On 19/04/2024 at 09:53, Mattyblue said:

Don’t forget the orange Wednesdays at the cinema and the ewood burger van 😂

Edited by Oldgregg86

• 3 weeks later...

So is it the end of Rovers TV? 

I had an email from them stating something about being able to watch games via Now TV. 

Would that be available to us overseas supporters without the need to use a VPN? 

32 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

So is it the end of Rovers TV? 

I had an email from them stating something about being able to watch games via Now TV. 

Yes I believe so in the UK

Sky Sports have all the rights

I wonder if the usual will happen? Big new TV deal and more money.

Players' wages rise, transfer fees rise, agents fees rise and the fewer supporters notice no difference?

• Moderation Lead
6 hours ago, 47er said:

I wonder if the usual will happen? Big new TV deal and more money.

Players' wages rise, transfer fees rise, agents fees rise and the fewer supporters notice no difference?

No change for us, won’t go back into the first team squad anyway.

8 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

International coverage of EFL games is set to increase substantially.

For example, all EFL games will be available in the US.

Screenshot_20240510-075029.png

Screenshot_20240510-075043.png

Screenshot_20240510-075058.png

That's interesting.

I am in Spain and paid £140 for the year for Rovers TV for all Rovers league games. There was the odd one that I couldn't get due to the rights being sold to Europe/Spain as well, but I found a way Very Pretty Niftily.

I wonder if we need to subscribe game by game next season, or if a similar deal will apply and whether it is Rovers TV or another provider?

24 minutes ago, lraC said:

That's interesting.

I am in Spain and paid £140 for the year for Rovers TV for all Rovers league games. There was the odd one that I couldn't get due to the rights being sold to Europe/Spain as well, but I found a way Very Pretty Niftily.

I wonder if we need to subscribe game by game next season, or if a similar deal will apply and whether it is Rovers TV or another provider?

And if the cost of Rovers TV is the same..? Surely the price has to drop?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lraC said:

That's interesting.

At the stage I'm not sure how it all works but I read in the Sky presser words to the effect that if you are anywhere in the world (with internet) you will, next season, be able to watch any EFL clubs full league fixture list of games plus the cup add ons either on local TV or via the relevant clubs streaming service. All games.

Clubs will have to do a repricing of their streaming offers as I think, for example, in the Championship each club will be on Sky at least about 24 times for league games.

I expect at least similar numbers and probably more to be available on international TV.

But in the remaining "dark" countries with no coverage on TV each game will have to be via  the clubs streaming service.

There will be 6 cameras at all Championship games.

Edit: I've not read in full yet but it's going to be very relevant 

https://www.img.com/sports/our-news/efl-fans-to-enjoy-enhanced-broadcast-experience-after-transformative-production-deal-with-img

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

On 19/04/2024 at 08:16, Wheelton Blue said:

Supply and demand. Sky charge what they do simply because the demand is there.

The money swishing around in football is purely because of the armchair viewer. The match going fan is an afterthought to the powers that be; we don't register with them.

Same in the NFL.

The in-stadium experience is awful - loads of dead time waiting for the game to come back from commercials.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

At the stage I'm not sure how it all works but I read in the Sky presser words to the effect that if you are anywhere in the world (with internet) you will, next season, be able to watch any EFL clubs full league fixture list of games plus the cup add ons either on local TV or via the relevant clubs streaming service. All games.

Clubs will have to do a repricing of their streaming offers as I think, for example, in the Championship each club will be on Sky at least about 24 times for league games.

I expect at least similar numbers and probably more to be available on international TV.

But in the remaining "dark" countries with no coverage on TV each game will have to be via  the clubs streaming service.

There will be 6 cameras at all Championship games.

Edit: I've not read in full yet but it's going to be very relevant 

https://www.img.com/sports/our-news/efl-fans-to-enjoy-enhanced-broadcast-experience-after-transformative-production-deal-with-img

Thanks for the information and the link.

Looks like we can still watch every game from abroad, so the only unknown at the minute, is the cost.

This is what we can expect next season. With five games being broadcast live at 12.30 each Saturday and Sunday there is a real chance that a few of our away matches which are over four hours drive (Portsmouth, Plymouth, Cardiff, Swansea, QPR, Millwall, Bristol City and potentially Norwich and Southampton) away will be shown. 

Once again there is very little consideration given to supporters who were once considered to be the life blood of the game.

When will live EFL matches be broadcast?
  • EFL matches will be broadcast on regular midweek slots, and regular weekend slots outside blocked hours across the weekend
  • Regular weekend slots will include:
    • Approximately five matches on a Saturday lunchtime (12.30pm kick-off)
    • Frequent slots on a Friday night and Sunday afternoon (12.30pm kick-off)
    • Additional selected picks on a Thursday and Monday night
  • 10 regular weekend games across the three divisions will be broadcast
    • Five Sky Bet Championship matches
    • Five matches across Sky Bet League One and Sky Bet League Two
  • All other broadcast games include:
    • All opening and final day fixtures in the Sky Bet EFL
    • All midweek league fixtures
    • All bank holiday fixtures including Easter, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day
    • All fixtures played in League One & Two during international breaks
    • All matches played in Sky Bet League One and League Two during International breaks
    • All Play-Off, Carabao Cup and Bristol Street Motors Trophy fixtures (as above)
  • Like 1

To me the EFL is suffering from hubris. They’ve seen attendances boom everywhere (well, almost everywhere) and they think they can follow the Premier League model of more, more, more TV and it won’t impact bums on seats.

But the clue is in the name, the ‘premier’ league, it is the elite level and has an enormous national and global profile so can withstand saturation coverage, it can withstand fans being pissed about - I’d wager the EFL can’t and the high watermark of lower league crowds has now been hit and crowds will start to decline in the medium term.

I think there's a middle ground to be had.

Naturally more and more tv is going to prevent or deter a lot of people from going to as many games as they might have done previously.

If it is cheaper and easier to not attend then that's what a lot of people will do.

Clubs can try to keep ahead of this by adjusting their offering to compensate for the inconvenience. The most obvious one of those being on price. Charge a price that people are still willing to pay even if it means they miss a few due to tv and the rest.

This is where the Bolton and Preston level pricing comes in, because at £250 for the season it is an amount that many people will be able to absorb without too much to ponder and when they do they can happily miss quite a few and still feel as though they are getting a reasonable price and return for their season ticket.

Those clubs that have limited supply to demand - the likes of QPR, Norwich, Plymouth, Luton - will also be able to exploit that by fans risking not being able to get to any games if they don't commit in the summer.

I think it is inevitable that numbers will drop off due to increased tv but some clubs will be able to cope with that better than others. Some will use increasing revenues to try to head issues off in advance, others can do nothing and assume all will be fine.

• Like 1