BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Sales?

It amazes me that there are people on the other side of the world who care more about this club than some "fans" of the club in Blackburn. Some people don't know what they've got.

that is true bob...very true mate.

i went out to australia when i was 16years old and thought that my whole world had caved in because i thought there was gonna be no more blackburn rovers. i arrived in australia towards the end of the promotion season. we made the playoffs and i had to rely on making a phone call in the wee small hours of the morning to my uncle and when he told me that we had won, i was so happy, that i ran around like a silly @#/? at 3am screaming and shouting and waking folks up. anyway for the next 12 years i listened to the bbc world service without fail every ###### saturday night, through rubbish receptions. going to bed at all hrs. then when my mother decided to get the internet it became easier to keep intouch...listening to live commentary every saturday night and when we played midweek games...considering i started work at 5am every morning, i still listened. myself,sydney rovers,south aussie rover,pg,chris roe and the folks in brisbane (i forget his name) we all where there every weekend to listen.

i will say taht for us lot that are in australia, and for those taht are somewhere in the world no matter where....i beleive that we do show maybe a little more passion for our club than what some people do who can get to the games. my reasons for saying that are because there are so many people in blackburn, darwen, accrington or in general around lacnashire, for whom it is quite possible to take a trip to ewood every other week....a lot of you take the club for granted. you lot won't admit it but nobody will convince me that it aint true. the minority of you are quite happy to support rovers when times are good, but when things are not good this is when the 'couldn't give a (Please don't use that word again) attitude'...shines through. we here have rovers on our doorsteps...so we should care a little more about the club than we do. for me it aint just about the money as to why folks don't renew season tix...it is just as much to do with their own attitude to blackburn rovers.

£400 for a season ticket (hypothetically), fans go into the first game of the season full of confidence. as it turns out, we have a rubbish season, flirt with relegation but hang on in there. so this season is nearly upon us and some comments i have heard "not renewing, as i can't be bothered with another season like that".....the same prices as last season so to me the only whoops I missed off the "g" difference is the lacklustre attitude that some have for this club. on the other hand most people (i would hope) have genuine reasons, which is fair enough but if your reason for not renewing is because of our brush with relegation last season, then you are a bunch of ###### who could not give a (Please don't use that word again) wether rovers are here or not. i'll tell you, that if rovers went bust and out of business then you lot would really have something to whinge about. so instead of giving us all bullshit reasons, get yourself a season ticket or even match tickets every other week and start supporting the rovers like a TRUE football/rovers fan would.

frigg, i need a cup of coffee!!!!

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be scary.

Oh, it is scary.

Having seen that picture, I think we have our Dalek replacements for the DrWho comeback. (The machine, not John Newsham).. They could end up attacking people in football grounds and Dean Saunders could be the evil mastermind.

Apparently the season tickets for the Riverside are only valid for 75 minutes. Some 15 mins before the end of the game they beep loudly before shouting, "get the f*** outta here!"

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

I am now totally P1ssed off with this 'Riverside go early' myth. I sit on the Riverside and contantly see the revered Blackburn End supporters streaming out way before the end when we are losing.

The only difference is that the Riverside has a large area where early leavers can be seen easily.

Get your own house in order before you criticise others!

Edited by Al

went to Ewood on sat to pick up N*b end ticket.

John Newsham collared me to show off the new turnstile..and it worked..and he confirmed that the Riverside will use proximetry readers to pick out those who leave before 75mins, they will be sent a personalised letter offering a free pie at the next game if they stay for 85 mins or more.

Also JN was very upset when I told him the new credit card tickets were only brought in to stop fans chucking their ST books on the pitch.

On the positive side he says the new cards can be reused in future seasons, they only need updated info on the magnetic strip. BUT, the magnetic strips can be damaged by alcohol.

Al, it was a little joke. Chill

A little joke is OK but when it gets pushed down your throat continually it wears a bit thin. I always stay to the end which is more than can be said for a lot of Blackburn Enders.

We all support the same team so please give it a rest.

''My point still stands, Blackburn is not a footballing town IMHO. Incidently I wouldn't say Middlesbrough is either.''

I'm REALLY trying to understand that comment Dave.What constitutes a footballing town then in your opinion?..........

Somewhere that lives/eats/breathes football, know it's not a town but Newcastle always springs to mind as an instant example.

I remember when Newcastle nearly went out of business in the mid-80's, treading water in the old third division and averaging gates of 12-13K.

Fairweather? I think so.

Fact is there's bog all else to do in Newcastle either.

The problem is with the speed of the service, some staff dont seem to have figured out that with one of those automatic machines at the back you can pull six or eight pints at a time, they only use it for 2.  So the custoemr you are serving only wants 2, the next few will also want beer.

At one point last season one of them didnt even realise that you actually had to put the "glasses" underneath the taps for them to be filled up, she preferred to just fill up the holders. She also decided to just grin at us and ignore us when we tried to point out she was wasting the beer.

Just goes to show the high intelligence levels of the staff employed down at Ewood park.

I think the real problem is that they don't employ "proper" bar staff - they just phone up temp agencies & get them to do it, so you end up with people working who've no idea where the stuff is or how much it costs...

I should know - i was working in the Jack Walker Stand a coupla seasons ago

went to Ewood on sat to pick up N*b end ticket.

John Newsham collared me to show off the new turnstile..and it worked..and he confirmed that the Riverside will use proximetry readers to pick out those who leave before 75mins, they will be sent a personalised letter offering a free pie at the next game if they stay for 85 mins or more.

Also JN was very upset when I told him the new credit card tickets were only brought in to stop fans chucking their ST books on the pitch.

On the positive side he says the new cards can be reused in future seasons, they only need updated info on the magnetic strip. BUT, the magnetic strips can be damaged by alcohol.

Id like to coller John Newshum

WITH A BLOODY ROTTY!!!!ROUND HIS THROAT ....

Apparently the season tickets for the Riverside are only valid for 75 minutes. Some 15 mins before the end of the game they beep loudly before shouting, "get the f*** outta here!"

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

I am now totally P1ssed off with this 'Riverside go early' myth. I sit on the Riverside and contantly see the revered Blackburn End supporters streaming out way before the end when we are losing.

The only difference is that the Riverside has a large area where early leavers can be seen easily.

Get your own house in order before you criticise others!

Al - I was a Darwen Ender/Riversider in the 60's.

I was a Blackburn Ender in the 70's.

I was a Riversider in the 80's and 90's.

I am a Blackburn Ender again now.

The 2 smiley thingies signified that it was a joke! rolleyes.gif

PS - I always stay a full 90 mins like most folk in the ground.

Whilst season ticket sales are poor, if we can maintain average home support of say 20,000 be they season ticket holders or those that pay on the day, it will be a good ongoing achievement.

I was looking in the Mike Jackman book the other day with regard to the early 60's. The 1963/64 season was a good one with Rovers finishing 7th in the top flight. The attendances left a lot to be desired. Some were good, Liverpool 35k, Man Utd 37k, Everton 35k, Stoke 30k, Burnley 27k. However there was an almighty drop to other home games, Ipswich 10k, West Brom 12k, Fulham 13k, Birmingham 14k and so on.

The following season 64/65 was even worse, with the last home gate being 9k and even the Burnley Derby attracting only 15k.

All this a far cry from promotion a few years earlier and the first season back in the First Division when we averaged 30k and had many gates in the 30/40k bracket.

It can be seen that once the novelty of being back in the Top Flight wore off, many folk only turned out for the big games, although the 1960 Cup Final tickets fiasco won't have helped. Today's fans at least turn out week in, week out (more or less) so 20k home supporters irrespective of whether they're season ticket holders or not, is pretty darned good in my book.

Whilst season ticket sales are poor, if we can maintain average home support of say 20,000 be they season ticket holders or those that pay on the day, it will be a good ongoing achievement.

I was looking in the Mike Jackman book the other day with regard to the early 60's. The 1963/64 season was a good one with Rovers finishing 7th in the top flight. The attendances left a lot to be desired. Some were good, Liverpool 35k, Man Utd 37k, Everton 35k, Stoke 30k, Burnley 27k. However there was an almighty drop to other home games, Ipswich 10k, West Brom 12k, Fulham 13k, Birmingham 14k and so on.

The following season 64/65 was even worse, with the last home gate being 9k and even the Burnley Derby attracting only 15k.

All this a far cry from promotion a few years earlier and the first season back in the First Division when we averaged 30k and had many gates in the 30/40k bracket.

It can be seen that once the novelty of being back in the Top Flight wore off, many folk only turned out for the big games, although the 1960 Cup Final tickets fiasco won't have helped. Today's fans at least turn out week in, week out (more or less) so 20k home supporters irrespective of whether they're season ticket holders or not, is pretty darned good in my book.

Good shout CLB!.

Although some of us(yes,me included rolleyes.gif ) wish we could pull more through the gates it has to be said that the last 13 years have seen some of the most consistent,stable and 'loyal' support at Ewood park in the clubs entire history..here's to that continuing! thumbs-up.gif

Rovers really do need to push sales more, simple as that!! They do not do enough in my view to attract more. Yes we have a very attractive price to try and lure people in.

How many season ticket holders would you say are not white?? What type of percentage?

Front and back page of LET,flyers, radio advertisement..dont think the club can do any more to be honest Hughesy.

Non-white season ticket holders are in a very small minority I would have said AND THAT IS NO FAULT OF BLACKBURN ROVERS......the Asian community will simply not support in large numbers.

Roverite, get on the blower to rovers mate, mine arrived at least 3 weeks ago and 2 instalments have already been paid for.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Rovers really do need to push sales more, simple as that!! They do not do enough in my view to attract more. Yes we have a very attractive price to try and lure people in.

How many season ticket holders would you say are not white?? What type of percentage?

HERE WE AGO AGAIN unsure.gifblink.gif

Was talking to an ex-pat over here this weekend and he was saying he remembers going to Ewood a couple times in the 70s with crowds of about 5,000. Says Rovers are lucky to be able to get 20,000 with the area population and number of other clubs not too far away.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.