BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelski Transfer Madness

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can anyone value Gerrard at £47m against Duff ONLY £17m last summer. These people at Chelsea have gone utterly mad. They have a wonderful footballer, the finest left winger in the PL, a decent man and they are prepared to give Damien to Liverpool plus Parker plus £20m.

Kenyon must be stark, staring banonkers. I bet Ranieri is glad to be out of it. Utterly unbelievable if it is true. Take the money Liverpool, the sooner Chelsea explodes the better for the rest of us.

Parker and Duff are two of the finest young talents in the the world, to just throw them away like that is not only callous but ultimately stupid.

If this happens it might well be considerably harder for Chelsea to attract players as they will be aware of how shabbily they will be treated.

Parker is almost of Gerrards quality IMHO so if Liverpool do not jump at this they are most certainly banonkers.

Gerrard has already signed for Chelsea, I know for definite that the tranfer fee is £31m, although im not sure about any extra players included in the deal.

That information comes from a very respectable premiership manager who manages not a million miles from Anfield.

Not a million miles you say?

I'm going to go for the current Grampus Eight manager. His name slips my mind at the minute

Are you hinting that your source is someone like Moyes or Souness? If so, first of all they may not know about the exact transfer dealings of other clubs, and if they did, why would they tell you? Now if both of those things did happen, why have you not been able to provide accurate "insider" information before?

Selling Duff was very good business for Rovers

Can't agree there Paul.

We sell Dunn and Duff for £22.5m.

The money comes in over the life of the contracts, say 4 years, at £5.5m per year.

We purchase Gresko, Amoruso, Reid, Emerton, and Ferguson for £14m on similar terms costing £3.5m per year.

In the meantime we finish 9 places down the Premiership table losing £4.5m.

Net loss over the year = £2.5m huh.gif

In addition to that we will be paying considerably more out in wages for the five new players than for Dunn ansd Duff.

Possibly an extra £40kp.w.?

Loss over the year now = £4.5m huh.gifhuh.gif

Can't agree there Paul.

The money comes in over the life of the contracts, say 4 years, at £5.5m per year.

We purchase Gresko, Amoruso, Reid, Emerton, and Ferguson for £14m on similar terms costing £3.5m per year.

In addition to that we will be paying considerably more out in wages for the five new players than for Dunn ansd Duff.

There's no way of knowing that had we had Duff in the team, a player who has been injured for much of this season, we would have done any better. It was sad to see him go, but when will people accept that we did the best we could to keep him but in the end money talks, he's gone, so lets get on with what we have now. We have some good players at the moment and lots of good young talent so lets just look forward to the upcoming season.

On the face of it it looks an excellent deal, especially as Duff and Parker are young and still have not reached the prime of their careers, but even with a deal like this I'd find it extremely difficult to sell Gerrard.

Gerrard is one of a fine crop of centre midfielders, set to be one of the best in the world and Parker certainly isnt in the same pedigree. If liverpool are set for a huge investment then in all honesty i think I would keep hold of Gerrard and just attempt to buy Duff. I know little of dealings at Liverpool but surely this investment would make Chelsea's 31million irrelevant?

One of the writers in the times wrote an article not long ago about Owen out living his usefulness for the club and this being the right time to sell; with Cisse coming in and Chelsea probably being unwilling to sell players, but only to exchange, I'd sooner offer Owen then Gerrard.

The question is, do you swap a world class centre mid for a world class left winger? Personally i think Liverpool would be able to find a player of Parkers ability elsewhere, which makes it more a question of swapping one position for another. Gerrard is the heart and soul of the club and if i were a Liverpool fan, i would try my hardest to retain his services.

Gerrard has already signed for Chelsea, I know for definite that the tranfer fee is £31m, although im not sure about any extra players included in the deal.

That information comes from a very respectable premiership manager who manages not a million miles from Anfield.

Ha ha, thats gotta be up there with Lofty's mate who changes the bulbs in the floodlights.

Mourinho and Benitez are the two managers involved in the deal, I'm sure they would be off telling other premiership managers about it wouldn't they. There is no deal in place as Liverpool are hoping to convince Gerrard that his future is at Anfield.

chelskis bid for Gerrard will be made official

the morning after Englands departure from the euro championships

the tabloid speculation around a swap with duff/parker + cash is way off the mark.

for those who used to use the same pub as "our" duffer, he is back up next week presenting medals to 2 young lads who have just made it into the Irish youth squads from the Leyland and Chorley area !

i am sure he will be having a few back at home then !! smile.gif

It's quite apparent that Kenyon is running Chelsea! 

I think you're right there Gord.

Ranieri hinted last season that he didn't have anything to do with the Robben signing. The Italian said that he knew that he would defintely be going - because players were being signed over his head.

The Robben transfer had all the murky fingerprints of the Prince of Darkness Peter Kenyon, who of course knew all about the player's credentials when Fergie had been interested in him - back in the days when Kenyon called himself a "Lifelong Red" and said that Chelsea were going to come unstuck because money doesn't guarantee success!

In the last couple of days the odious Kenyon - who has been busy enjoying the lavish hospitality aboard Roman's yacht in Portugal - has publicly praised both Gerrard and Rooney as being two players he's interested in.

The subsequent transfer speculation suits Kenyon, as the more the deal is talked about in the press and in public, the more Gerrard and his agent will start to get twitchy feet thinking about the massive signing-on fees and wages available.

It makes you wonder if Kenyon was also guilty last season of leaking the news in the press about certain players being unhappy with Ranieri - in order to further damage the Italian, making his removal easier.

Before giving Ranieri his pay-off, Kenyon insisted that Claudio signed a confidentiality clause which now bans the Italian from speaking about his time in charge at Stamford Bridge.

Clearly Kenyon doesn't want the truth to come out. What a way to run a football club...

Below is the link in today's Daily Telegraph about the Gerrard story:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtm...24/sfnliv24.xml

Ha ha, thats gotta be up there with Lofty's mate who changes the bulbs in the floodlights.

Mourinho and Benitez are the two managers involved in the deal, I'm sure they would be off telling other premiership managers about it wouldn't they. There is no deal in place as Liverpool are hoping to convince Gerrard that his future is at Anfield.

Benitez wasn't even at Liverpool at the time when the deal was completed. Gerrard will be a Chelsea player next season, so looks like your going to have to eat some humble pie mate. wink.gif

Can't agree there Paul.

So, what you are saying is that you have no idea how much any of them make and are just pulling the numbers from thin air?

Also, the only player we wouldn't have bought had we not sold Duff and Dunn would have been Ferguson. So he's the only one you can realistically compare numbers with, not the whole lot.

And it's fun to speculate how high we would have finished with them, but it's also just that, SPECULATION. Do you factor in the extra points that we got because of Brad having the season of his life a couple seasons ago and not matching it last year?

Not a million miles you say?

I'm going to go for the current Grampus Eight manager. His name slips my mind at the minute

I think you mean Nelsinho Baptista, and unfortunately, you are quite away off. Keep guessing though lad!

T1MJ I was typing up something very long looking into manegerial changes at the two clubs, lack of any concrete evidence to support the theory, and the player being somewhat unavaiable for lengthy negotiations as a result of Euro 2004 making your story sound totally untrue...however I just can't be bothered, and am inclined to simply say that its total crap. Either give us all the information you know and be done with it, or admit that you are just making this up because you have nothing better to do and pi$$ing around

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.