BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Rao's

Odd this. Probably completely irrelevant but I've noticed recently that many (but not all) of the strongest objectors to the venkymob are poor spellers. :blink:

Edit.... Just had a thought....... Prob down to that predictive jobby.

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it will probably fall on Bowyer first and foremost.

Things change and so surely opinions are free to change. I think Venkys have started to put things right and I don't know what more could have realistically been done this season in terms of righting the wrongs.

Well, they could have spent a fortune trying to make us virtually unbeatable and got us promoted, instead of making the manager trawl the lower leagues for freebies and cast-offs. They owed the Club that after selling a Premier League team for peanuts.

That's just one thing they could have done, I'm sure others can come up with more. Posters have already pointed to the number of

injuries and lack of fitness as a guide to the absence of expertise in the support staff.

Why, if they are so rich, did they, from the very beginning, announce they would be running the Club on the cheap? "Leasing players", 5M transfer spending a year FFS.

These people are "wrong uns" and the next disaster is always around the corner. Can't believe how people don't learn from experience.

Yes, it seems a pretty basic point.

They have billions when it comes to keeping us out of administration, but it seems significantly less when it comes to keeping us in the Premiership or getting us promoted.

Seems rather anomalous.

Come on folks , we should not be tearing shreads out of one another , what has happened to our club is not the supporters fault , this is the hand we have been dealt and the hand which should bring us all together under the common thing which links us all , our love for our football club .

For the last couple of years I have not been allowed to have an opinion as my actions or words have had to be carefully selected as it was representative of a collective supporters group. .

Since I left my role within the BRFC Action Group, I now feel I can have my own opinion and express it as a feel fit and pursue other avenues within this mess without having to tow the collective line.

Everyone has an opinion , no ones opinion is greater or less than someone else's , everyone has their own way of supporting the club and dealing with what happens in and around the club .

No one should feel that their approach to supporting the club is ridiculed or shot down because it's different to the next person .

My own opinion , is whilst parasites are feeding on our club , or have fed on our club then forgiveness is not something I intend to do when the key holders ain't got the decency to sit in a room and explain their actions and plans for our club .

What have they got to hide ?

Why do they continue to duck and dive everyone. ?

I will always support my club. , through think and thin , but will never just accept that what we are dealt is the final hand .

For three years many of us have seeked the truth , my appetite and desire for the truth has not wavered to the day, in fact I'm more determined and focused for that truth now than ever .

We have a team now giving their all for that blue and white shirt , and many are proud of the efforts which have gone in at the training ground this season to give us a ray a hope. This is something I can be positive about

However in the background hundreds of miles away we still have Venky's who to date ain't forgiven and if they think everyone has no fight left , they are sadly mistaken

Odd this. Probably completely irrelevant but I've noticed recently that many (but not all) of the strongest objectors to the venkymob are poor spellers. :blink:

Is it venkymob or Venkymob or maybe Venky Mob? There is a shorter word which means the same but as I may be on borrowed time I will refrain from using it - half is better than none.

Abbey you can dig at me all you want.

Think you need to realise that alot of Rovers fans have a different view to yourself. You need to respect that. I respect your stance on Venkys but i somewhat disagree on some things with you.

On the agents subject, listen to what has been said in podcasts where it been said that Agents are not been listened to. And venkys have trusted the people at the club.

Go on Chaddy prove to me agents are not involved at Ewood . I heard a podcast on UFO's the other day , doesn't mean ET rode a bike .

That's not digging . Stop being a sensitive maryter .

I'm visiting India in the autumn and intend to help Venkys keep funding Rovers by visiting as many Venky Xpress joints as possible.

I'd rather eat dead maggots !!

I've tried to avoid this a bit as I know I'll get all sorts thrown at me. There is no venky's love in, there never has been. There are people trying to have a sensible debate on a subject getting insults thrown at them. People are allowed to have an opinion. I used to love the good debates that used to be had on this forum. Now it appears that as soon as you dare to suggest something different to someone else's opinion you have to be a venky lover or some other random tag.

Another reason this forum has deteriorated so badly over the years.

Well said.

no i hate venkys more than anything ive ever hated. When i say hate i mean HATE. I just have trouble getting my head round the venky love now on show after all theyve done to us.

Balaji says he loves you Abbey ;) says he wants to take you out for a beer.. Lol

Go on Chaddy prove to me agents are not involved at Ewood . I heard a podcast on UFO's the other day , doesn't mean ET rode a bike .

That's not digging . Stop being a sensitive maryter .

I'd rather eat dead maggots !!

Abbey i dont have to prove anything to you. I trust Kamy info and if you dont fine. Nothing i can do or want to do.

Bowyer is clearly in charge of the players we sign and Shaw/Silvester do the deals. Simple enough

Abbey i dont have to prove anything to you. I trust Kamy info and if you dont fine. Nothing i can do or want to do.

Bowyer is clearly in charge of the players we sign and Shaw/Silvester do the deals. Simple enough

Come off it Chaddy! You only believe Kamy when it suits you. When I quoted him as the source for something or other recently, you refused to believe it.

If you compare the signings of Cairney, Gestede and Conway with Formica, Rochina and Goodwillie-

First three are good at this level, on low wages and/or came on loan as a view to buy and have been effective.

Last three have flopped at top and this level, on crazy wages and came for large output- one through the Cayman Islands, the other was a free transfer that cost 2m in agent fees and the other is proven average Scottish striker who runs at ten to two.

Doesn't take Kamy or any reporter to see the difference in our recruitment in last 12 months as opposed to before.

It's obvious that agents are still involved because that's part of the game now, but it's also obvious that agents aren't picking these players.

To an extent yes, but in 2010 they were worth just over 2bn pounds. Today that figure is likely to be much more seeing the amount of investments they've made these last two years alone.

Certainly not short a bob or two by any means. Lets hope they see the positives of this season reason enough to do whatevers necessary to curb the pain of FFP they are responsible for.

I have to disagree with the first point you made. I'm pretty sure it came out that the English press had made a mistake in calculating their wealth with a stray decimal point. I'm sure they were not worth anything like £2bn in 2010. Also I'm not sure if you've followed the finance issues in India but it's fair to say that things are certainly not rosy over there.

You've made some good points and it's nice to see someone actually take the time to string a good, well written, post together. However I fear that you are on a hiding to nothing on this subject.

Kamy is a great Rovers source for info for all Rovers fans. Deserve alot of credit for his good work.

47er, when was this? If i did then you have my apologises.

Its very clear that Bowyer is choosing the players we signed and nobody else

Kamy is a great Rovers source for info for all Rovers fans. Deserve alot of credit for his good work.

Even if it's not GB- least it's not Jeromeo who was described by the best manager of the past 20 years as someone who "couldn't pick his nose"

... And boy did we see it.

I have to disagree with the first point you made. I'm pretty sure it came out that the English press had made a mistake in calculating their wealth with a stray decimal point. I'm sure they were not worth anything like £2bn in 2010. Also I'm not sure if you've followed the finance issues in India but it's fair to say that things are certainly not rosy over there.

You've made some good points and it's nice to see someone actually take the time to string a good, well written, post together. However I fear that you are on a hiding to nothing on this subject.

Fair do's, everyones entitled to believe what they want. but theres no question that they have expanded their operations beyond poultry and how much has they've expanded since their ill-fated (and ill-advised) acquisition of Rovers.

The point is that they DO have the moolah to get us out of this mess.

The question is whether they will or not.

No one is questioning Kamy !

Just your belief of everything you read .

I suppose we'll only find out if we are languishing come Christmas and they have to stick or twist and actually chuck some decent money at the playing staff for once

Dickson Etuhu

Danny Murphy

Nuno Gomes

DJ Campbell

Leon Best

Jordan Rhodes

Josh King

This is the trash that turned up last time the Raos 'chucked some decent money at the playing staff' to the tune of £13.5m and god only knows how much in wages per week.

Alan Judge

Chris Taylor

Matt Kilgallon

Tommy Spurr

Corry Evans

Rudy Gestede

Tom Cairney

Craig Conway

Michael Keane

This is the list of players that were brought in following sensible scouting and player recruitment. Altogether I believe the sum total for that lot is around the £2m mark.

Now, which list would you choose to start the season with Rover_Shaun? Chucking money around isn't the answer for us at the moment. Quality recruitment within our means is the way forward, and I for one hope that Bowyer continues to unearth gems to compliment those that he has already so successfully gleaned.

Furthermore, they won't be able to chuck money at it come Christmas as we will be under the constraints of a transfer embargo come January 2015.

No one is questioning Kamy !

Just your belief of everything you read .

I hate pointing this out because it's churlish, but I find your belief more fatiguing- that everything that is happening at the club is negative or wrong.

Dickson Etuhu

Danny Murphy

Nuno Gomes

DJ Campbell

Leon Best

Jordan Rhodes

Josh King

This is the trash that turned up last time the Raos 'chucked some decent money at the playing staff' to the tune of £13.5m and god only knows how much in wages per week.

Alan Judge

Chris Taylor

Matt Kilgallon

Tommy Spurr

Corry Evans

Rudy Gestede

Tom Cairney

Craig Conway

Michael Keane

This is the list of players that were brought in following sensible scouting and player recruitment. Altogether I believe the sum total for that lot is around the £2m mark.

Now, which list would you choose to start the season with Rover_Shaun? Chucking money around isn't the answer for us at the moment. Quality recruitment within our means is the way forward, and I for one hope that Bowyer continues to unearth gems to compliment those that he has already so successfully gleaned.

Furthermore, they won't be able to chuck money at it come Christmas as we will be under the constraints of a transfer embargo come January 2015.

And yes.. More thinking, less chucking money down a black hole!

Correct Jimmy. Last time down apart from Matt Jansen and Flitty our best signings cost little. Dunny and Duff were products of the youth set up whilst Berg, Friedel and Berko cost little and of course Berkovitz was replaced by Tugay for something and nothing the summer after. Compare that lot to any big money buy from Murphy / Ward / Blake / Per Frandsen / Dailly / Best etc etc etc to seeming eternity.

Fair do's, everyones entitled to believe what they want. but theres no question that they have expanded their operations beyond poultry and how much has they've expanded since their ill-fated (and ill-advised) acquisition of Rovers.

The point is that they DO have the moolah to get us out of this mess.

The question is whether they will or not.

In that case, why did they go to the trouble of moving the club's banking to India?

If they have the money to get us out of this mess, then why didn't they pay off the club's overdraft immediately like they said they would?

If they're that loaded then why haven't they sourced the best possible manager to get us promoted?

I don't think what you are saying is borne out by what has happened.

Archived