BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk

You'd give Taylor a contract based on what? One average to defent performance against a terrible team? Or based on the fact that its probably what GB will do

He's on £10k a week now if he is willing to take a quarter of that then maybe but otherwise its spend we don't need

when he came against Leeds he was good. played well against Millwall. plus he played ok today according to a mate who was at the game.

I would offer him a 1 year deal.

Might as well give some under 21s a chance rather than bring in the likes of p.taylor, varney and brown.

I agree with Brown and Varney bit

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Olsson signed a new contract till summer 2016.

Kilgallon is just about to sign a new deal.

we need to give new deals to Raya and Lenihan

not really whether the other out of contract players stay tbh. I wouldn't sign them.

I would probably give Paul Taylor a 1 year contract for next season

I have seen absolutely nothing in Taylor that would make me even consider offering him anything permanent. We are constipated with players of his ilk. I would much rather push some of our kids.

PL club free transfers this summer - could we nab any of them?

Arsenal: Chabou Akpom, Mikel Arteta, Matthieu Flamini, Abou Diaby.

Aston Villa: Fabian Delph, Ron Vlaar.

Burnley: Danny Ings.

Chelsea: John Terry, Didier Drogba.

Crystal Palace: Andy Johnson, Joel Ward.

Everton: Antolin Alcarez, Sylvain Distin.

Hull: Hatem Ben Arfa.

Leicester: Anthony Knockeart, Esteban Cambiasso.

Liverpool: Steven Gerrard, Glen Johnson, John Flanagan, Brad Jones.

Man City: Martin Demichelis, James Milner.

Man Utd: Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley, Anderson.

Newcastle: Jonas Gutierrez.

QPR: Rio Ferdinand, Joey Barton, Bobby Zamora.

Southampton: Jack Cork, Maya Yoshida.

Stoke: Peter Crouch, Glen Whelan.

Sunderland: Wes Brown.

Swansea: Gerhard Tremmel.

Spurs: Younes Kaboul.

West Brom: -

West Ham: Ravel Morrison, Winston Reid, BIG SAM!

Taken from this article, so they may have moved on already: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/11317133/Premier-League-players-who-become-free-agents-in-2015.html?frame=3150676

Glenn Whelan would be a no brainer if he could be enticed....sadly there's zero chance of that.

• Backroom

Not sure any of the players in that list would be willing to accept the wages we're likely to be able to offer... better off looking at the Championship/League One cast-offs, as we've been doing for a while now. Duffy is probably the last player we'll get from a club in a higher division for the foreseeable future.

We don't even loan players from PL clubs. Tunnicliffe came from Fulham, Spearing and Baptiste from Bolton, Taylor from Ipswich. The only exception was Henry, but he wasn't a long-term loan.

We have to be realistic about where we're going to end up when our transfer policy consists of taking players deemed not good enough for clubs in our own division. I appreciate rumours suggest we're scouting abroad for targets, but again, we can't expect much with the wages we're likely to have on offer. That, and the Championship is very different to the majority of European leagues. I don't know how many foreign players are going to be up to the physical challenge of this league.

Might as well give some under 21s a chance rather than bring in the likes of p.taylor, varney and brown.

Varney and Brown need to go. Please tell me their contracts are up.

No point selling gestede or rhodes as even with the money from sales we probably wont have enough to lift embargo and if we do. Wont have any money to spend!

There will be more loanees next season. How about Gallagher from Soton? Harrison Reed could do the job on midfield. Both of them will struggle to get first team football.

I wonder if Palace will come in for Gestede this summer.Palace are set to takeover with NBA Philadelphia 76ers owner Harris by this summer if talks keep progressing well. but according to the Daily Mail article online they are set to spend big this summer.

If Palace do come in for Gestede wonder whether we could get Gayle on loan for a season

Gestede in yesterday Sun interview said this about Rhodes "Jordan could be at a new club as well because he has been scoring goals for three or four years now. I hope we both get a good move"

I wonder if Palace will come in for Gestede this summer.Palace are set to takeover with NBA Philadelphia 76ers owner Harris by this summer if talks keep progressing well. but according to the Daily Mail article online they are set to spend big this summer.

If Palace do come in for Gestede wonder whether we could get Gayle on loan for a season

Gestede in yesterday Sun interview said this about Rhodes "Jordan could be at a new club as well because he has been scoring goals for three or four years now. I hope we both get a good move"

This is precisely why I prefer Rhodes to Gestede, no loyalty at all in that guy

Rhodes has scored 20 or more goals for the last 6 seasons at Huddersfield and Rovers that is irreplaceable.. Gestede has had a decent 18months tops and ankered for a move the last few months

Jake Forster Caskey and Lewis Dunk at Brighton are out of contract in summer.

Both England u21 regulars, Caskey is a wonderful centre midfielder with the potential to grow whilst Dunk is a no-nonsense type centre back.

I'd take Knockheart but i'd also look at Adam Forshaw from Middlesborough if they go up.

To make it clear:

Birmingham - Koby Arthur maybe

Blackpool - Dom Telford maybe

Bolton - Jermaine Beckford

Bournemouth - Harry Arter

Brentford - No one on a free but how much for Jota?

Brighton - Dunk, Caskey

Cardiff - Nicky Maynard maybe, how much for Ademayi?

Charlton - Lawrie Wilson (RB) maybe

Derby - Paul Coutts (Perfect Willo Replacement)

Fulham - George Williams, Hugo Rodaellga (Gestede Replacement)

Huddersfield - No-one

Ipswich - No-one

Leeds - Sam Byram (Has bigger fish to fry)

Middlesbrough - Whitehead, Ledesma

Millwall - Jimmy Abdou (Leagues most underrated player imo), Magaye Gueye

Norwich - No-one

Reading - Alex Pearce, Chris Gunter (RB)

Rotherham - Ben Pringle

Sheffield Weds - Gary Madine

Watford - No-one

Wigan - No-one

Wolves - Afraid they may be out of reach.

Archived