BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Man Utd

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Amazes me how many PNE fans have kids that support Lpool, United etc.

Par for the course when you've been out of the top flight for 50+ years, I suppose. Something else to look forward to...

Over my dead body! I'm right in the middle of the Scousers and Mancs, but even if we're in the Conference and Venkys are still here the kids will be Rovers. Whether they like it or not!

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Parsonblue said:

For the life of me I can't see what is smug about stating that you enjoy following your team no matter what division or what the opposition might be.  Fortunately, I still do enjoy it - win, lose or draw and I'll enjoy Sunday no matter what the result although I always live in hope we will pull off a shock. 

you did not enjoy saturday in south ribble sorry yorkshire

18 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Fortunately, I still do enjoy it - win, lose or draw 

You've had lot of losing to enjoy lately is all I can say.

You are probably and literally addicted. If there were 30000 of you Venkys would stay around forever and make a fortune.

Obvious that lots of season ticket holders are not bothering to go on Sunday.  £30 is too steep. I would certainly not pay anywhere near that to watch a football match - that's why I buy a discounted ST.  I personally know 13 ST holders other than myself and only 2 are going.  My seat and most of those around me, all occupied by ST holders (non of these are included in my 13 number), are still noted on the website as available.  Conversely, I also know lots of people who rarely go to Ewood but are being dragged there by their United supporting children.  The club have missed a huge Marketing opportunity here. They have managed to disenfranchise their traditional loyal supporters by not rewarding their loyalty with sensibly reduced prices. Instead they are making a quick buck from the plastics.  This will backfire on them with reduced ST sales next season regardless of which division we find ourselves in.  A miniature version of the 1960 debacle which afflicted the club during my early days of support.

55 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

For the life of me I can't see what is smug about stating that you enjoy following your team no matter what division or what the opposition might be.  Fortunately, I still do enjoy it - win, lose or draw and I'll enjoy Sunday no matter what the result although I always live in hope we will pull off a shock. 

The sad thing is not very long ago it wouldn't be a shock 

48 minutes ago, blue kiwi said:

this was a poor gate after a 1-1 draw at gold trafford,but live tv and expensive tickets meant the home ends were not sold out,prawn sandwich of south ribble

Don't bother humouring this BogEyedPillock he just drags it to twitter land when it gets too much for him on here the sniffing wretch ( his description of some fellow Rovers fans by the way along with many other choice insults).

Him and me will be coming face to face before very long.

52 minutes ago, blue kiwi said:

this was a poor gate after a 1-1 draw at gold trafford,but live tv and expensive tickets meant the home ends were not sold out,prawn sandwich of south ribble

The second leg was at Old Trafford, we lost it 2-1 with Friedel saving a penalty. Us rovers were in the upper tier at OT. Gave them a real game over them 2 legs. Good times :( 

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

You're not wrong Parson, you're just an arsehole.

3 hours ago, Husky said:

I saw United played a largely reserve side in the Europa League last night. Obviously saving their big guns like Rughead for us.

I think we might rag a goal. But they'll probably get 4. So 1-4 it is. Enjoy your Saturday everyone!

I will enjoy my Saturday, Husky.  We don't play the game until Sunday.

1 hour ago, blue kiwi said:

not everyone can afford to live in south ribble,plenty of housing estates in blackburn

Living in Viet Nam you haven't a clue about local authority areas in UK now, have you.

What about the terraced houses in Bamber Bridge, Leyland and Tardy Gate?

I will presume you've had one too many.

Just now, sirobozne said:

You're not wrong Parson, you're just an arsehole.

I see the standard of debate continues to rise on BRFCS these days.  No wonder there is just the same handful of posters going round in ever decreasing circles determined not to listen to anyone who dares to continue to support the team.   

43 minutes ago, meadows said:

Wholly agree with this. Season ticket holders, particularly this season, deserved some kind of concession if FA pricing rules actually allow it. 

Fa rules do allow it but if they Would have reduced prices for our season ticket holders they Would also have to reduce prices for United's too 

Its not right on our season ticket holders though and I don't blame them if they''re not going tomorrow 

I'm coming over for it but only to take My kids to a big game 

I normally take them to 4 or 5 a season as I live 100 miles away now and the games themselves are generally the low point of the weekend 

Ewood park is a terrible place on match days now so I'm going to enjoy tomorrow and other people should also try to as these days won't come around that often 

It has a feel of the Mark Atkins og Liverpool fa cup game to me for some reason

9 hours ago, AggyBlue said:

I think everyone that was there will never forget that game.

The best game I have ever seen bar none. It was the old third division too and I was 10 years old. I will never forget that game and it was one that made me as proud as I have ever felt about being a Rovers fan. It is in the memory bank and on dark days, I often think about it.

4 hours ago, meadows said:

Wholly agree with this. Season ticket holders, particularly this season, deserved some kind of concession if FA pricing rules actually allow it. 

I'd have given ST holders a concession and a complimentary straight jacket... I'm sure you already have one somewhere.

15 hours ago, blue kiwi said:

i reckon its going to be a cup upset,and the dingle gets potted after the cup draw where we have just drawn lincoln away in the quarters

Then you woke up? It was a nice dream whilst it lasted though.

15 hours ago, meadows said:

£2 In 1985 £30 in 2017?

A pint was at least £1 by 1985, it's not £15 a pint now. 

The price of the most popular beer in 1985 (Black Label lager) was 83p per pint.

14 hours ago, blue kiwi said:

What's all this about? Are the fans not divided enough without trying to alienate another section?

14 hours ago, tomphil said:

Don't bother humouring this BogEyedPillock he just drags it to twitter land when it gets too much for him on here the sniffing wretch ( his description of some fellow Rovers fans by the way along with many other choice insults).

Him and me will be coming face to face before very long.

Isn't meadows that James prat who gives it large on twitter with his special gang of followers?  Dishes out empty threats from behind a keyboard but wouldn't say boo to a goose?

Archived