SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Last Game: Aston Villa (H) Saturday 29th April, Kick off 15.00

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HARRY REDKNAPP CONFIDENT BIRMINGHAM CAN SEAL NARROW ESCAPE FROM RELEGATION

PA Sport 2017

Harry Redknapp heads into his first home game as Birmingham boss against play-off-bound Huddersfield on Saturday adamant his new side can seal another narrow escape from relegation.

Redknapp's men go into the game just one place and two points above the drop zone but knowing a win could be enough to secure safety with one game to spare depending on results elsewhere.

Birmingham are without Paul Robinson, who was handed a three-match suspension following an incident during last weekend's defeat at Aston Villa - but Redknapp insisted: "I came away from that game a lot more confident than when I went into it.

"I went into the Villa game a bit fearful but I felt we matched them all the way. There are goals in this team and they (the players) just have to believe in themselves."

Ironically mid-table Villa could do their city rivals a big favour by winning at Blackburn, who currently occupy the third and final relegation spot.

And Rovers boss Tony Mowbray acknowledged only a win is likely to be enough for his side who have given themselves hope by embarking on a run of three games without defeat.

Mowbray said: "We have to try and win this game. We have to forget about everyone else because if we win it it will definitely go down to the last game of the season."

Nottingham Forest gave their own survival hopes a priceless boost with last week's win over Reading and they can secure another season in the Championship if they repeat the feat at QPR.

Too late to get angry now having been in the bottom three all season. The players simply aren't fit to wear the shirts, young and old, and I, certainly don't trust Tony Mowbray but good luck to you all of for putting up with this shyte and supporting the Rovers !

Changing the playing personnel my team ,

Glenn  ( keeper )

Chaddyrovers    Braddock    Deryck Guyler's spoon    Roverzee   (defenders )

Neal                   Yoda          Al             Jimmk2     (midfielders)

Rover Shaun            Athlete     (attackers )

Subs just turn up guys and gals !

Good luck !

Nothing that I've seen this season gives me any hope we can pull this off.

We are going to have to be really surprised by a winning performance tomorrow to take it into the final game.

Worse still either Bolton or Fleetwood are likely to take our place this weekend.

9 hours ago, Irishrover213 said:

I agree from what I've seen of Mowbray he likes to defend then hit on the break but we don't have the players to do it. Remember he still has players that were recruited by coyle. Spent a large chunk of the season trying perfect coyles game plan of attack. Morale would be seriously low with us not been able to defend leads or hold out for a point 

In fairness to TM if you have a crap side devoid of talent playing defensively and trying to Nick one makes sense.

People demanding we go all out and attack are starting to remind me of the get rid of big Sam because he plays crap football brigade.

• Backroom
Just now, Blow-in said:

In fairness to TM if you have a crap side devoid of talent playing defensively and trying to Nick one makes sense.

People demanding we go all out and attack are starting to remind me of the get rid of big Sam because he plays crap football brigade.

Trying to knick one only makes sense if a point is an ok result as a fallback 

That stage is gone 

12+ hours before the most important Rovers game in years and the match preview thread on this site sits at 4 pages. 

If that doesn't show the apathy around BRFC I don't know what does.

The crowd will be close to 50:50 home/away. Sad.

I hope for a home win, yet a team devoid of talent, belief, and structure that has sat in the relegation zone all season is hardly likely to turn into 2014 Barcelona overnight.

On 04/27/2017 at 10:47 PM, jim mk2 said:

Mine were realistic, unless yours, a reflection of real events rather than the figments of your imagination. Don't get me wrong - I hope I'm wrong and we stay up but you promised to leave if we went down. Are you a man of your word?  

May I remind you that over 16 years ago you stated repeatedly that if we were promoted under Souness you would never return to the site.

You even complained when I pointed this out a few months later and quoted the old posts, with you even calling me "sad" for doing so.

So if Merce needs to be a man of his word, will you do the decent - and massively overdue - thing as well?

Nah, of course you won't and nor would we want you or him to do.

:rover:

Just now, punerover said:

I see another draw today and relegation battle going to the last day of the season. I dont see the Big club winning either.

Let's hope Brum don't, but I will be amazed if they don't.

We are almost certainly going to require two wins.

Looks beyond this lot.

8 hours ago, Blow-in said:

I have no problem in saying, I am one of that brigade, on both points! 

I just hope we are still in with a chance of staying up at 5 pm this evening. Today won't be a day for the faint hearted and all we can ask is that Mowbray is smarter than he has been recently and the players show the @#/? that have been missing in some recent games. The time for talking has now gone.

Just now, arbitro said:

I just hope we are still in with a chance of staying up at 5 pm this evening. Today won't be a day for the faint hearted and all we can ask is that Mowbray is smarter than he has been recently and the players show the @#/? that have been missing in some recent games. The time for talking has now gone.

Unfortunately we deserve to go down.. Who's fault is it?  Coyle Mowbray cheston senior have all played their part along with the rubber dinghy men but ultimately it's venkys and Co who have put is in this position 

Just read your preview K-Hod, excellent :tu:

As for the game today, I have absolutely no idea what the scores going to be, no idea which Rovers side will turn up and no idea what tactics TM will adopt.

But what I do know is the fans deserve better, much better, and I hope the side puts in a shift to repay the excellent support, both home and away, the fans have given throughout this entire sorry episode in the clubs history.

Just now, Athlete said:

Unfortunately we deserve to go down.. Who's fault is it?  Coyle Mowbray cheston senior have all played their part along with the rubber dinghy men but ultimately it's venkys and Co who have put is in this position 

I can't dispute any of what you say but for today (and hopefully Brentford) I am trying to put these people to the back of my mind. We have a chance of staying up (albeit slim) and I think the focus should be on that. Contempt for the others (Mowbray excepted for me) will happen again soon enough.

2 hours ago, Beta Ray Bill said:

I'm getting old and can't remember what I did yesterday never mind 16 years ago so I suppose you should be congratulated for that at least. But to be honest trying to score points out of an issue on a football messageboard from so long ago says alot about your state of mind.

Come on Rovers.

26 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I can't dispute any of what you say but for today (and hopefully Brentford) I am trying to put these people to the back of my mind. We have a chance of staying up (albeit slim) and I think the focus should be on that. Contempt for the others (Mowbray excepted for me) will happen again soon enough.

Same here but Mowbray isn't exempt with his tactics.. But then again look who he has at his side.. 

Do I think we'll win both.. No even if we do I still think we won't match Forest and Birmingham it's out of our hands 

Archived