BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

There is according to the Bradford Chairman Tom. See my post on page before.

He doesn't say the clause was he had to start every game.Like someone else suggested it could be we have to pay more toward his wage if he isn't starting.

To be fair at the moment he will be starting,I was worried initially that he was only coming here to play up front but after reading his interviewwhere he stated he is happy playing anywhere in the front four than I expect him to step into Antonnsons position as he is seemingly out for 6-8 weeks 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was one for giving Nuttall a chance due to his form for u23s but having seen him play in games I don’t think he is a striker that’s ever going to amount to much, his all round game is quite poor to the point he can be a passenger. I can see why he didn’t stand out for Aberdeen, to me he shouldn’t be more than a last throw of the dice sub and personally I’d sent him either out on loan or back to u23s

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Oh dear, looks like it is that.

Regarding Adam Armstrong:

Greg Abbott: "We liked to take Adam. I know the exact details what Blackburn paid for Adam & it would be ridiculous to go down that road. There was a clause payment if he didn't play also."

We shouldn’t be playing any club extra because they’re not good enough to play - they should earn their spot on merit.

I suppose its what you define as not playing ..if hes on the bench .and coming on .. technically he s playing .And the same for being subbed.

Bottom line is hes been brought in for the last half of the season for a reason. TM wants him here ..so id expect him to be playing regardless of muted clauses.

Nice to know though that Bradford rated Armstrong too ..

Edit ..Sp

2 hours ago, unleaded said:

Interesting quotes from the Bradford City money men on losing out to Blackburn for Adam Armstrong!   Bad Losers imho ...

Abbott on Adam Armstrong potential signing: We were interested and in the running to get him. But I know what Blackburn are paying him and the clauses in his contracts and we can’t and shouldn’t be paying that or having those clauses.

Probably clauses like playing games and playing up front

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Newcastle weren't happy with the game time that Ivan Toney was getting at Wigan so they recalled him.

Hope there's no agreement in place to play Armstrong no matter what 

Newcastle are doing right with their young players. Wanting them to play and recalling them. 

3 hours ago, Gav said:

So the point being made was fans won't boo players that put a shift in, I disagree as I'm sure do many more fellow posters.

The above post is a prime example of a poster that failed to engage the brain before putting his feet firmly in his mouth, he couldn't have missed the point more had he tried :lol:

I'd argue more for the fact that Andrews didn't really "put a shift in". Putting in a shift in, the way I see it, is by putting forward a performance good enough for the level you are playing at. Keith Andrews constantly failed at that.

If you are happy for players to run around like headless chickens, proving largely ineffectual and more detrimental to the team than anything, then that's your prerogative. Don't speak for the rest of us by saying Andrews 'put a shift in'. He didn't. Much like Lowe didn't. If a man turns up for work and doesn't stop walking around the factory but doesn't produce anything of value in it the shift manager doesn't say "it's ok, at least he put a shift in". It's the same for footballers. Keith Andrews, Jason Lowe, Ashley Ward all got booed because they did the exact opposite of what you are claiming they did.

1 hour ago, Beanie01289 said:

Pritchard looks like he's leaving Norwich for £11m so we might see them come in for Dack if the rumours are true. 

If they did come in how much would it realistically take for you to sell. Me I'd not sell at all.

Yep same. No sale.

We won’t get another player of his ability that will hit the ground running straight off.

Dack is clearly one of the biggest factors in us getting promoted. It should be about more than money but the Ewood bean counters will disagree.

Just now, davulsukur said:

Yep same. No sale.

We won’t get another player of his ability that will hit the ground running straight off.

Dack is clearly one of the biggest factors in us getting promoted. It should be about more than money but the Ewood bean counters will disagree.

It should not be to hard to convince him to stick around for 6 months and hopefully go up with us.

The worry does come with the accountants and owners seeing the chance to make a quick buck and flog him on ignoring the fact that if we go up and he plays well at championship level we could well be the ones getting big bids from top sides.

56 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I'd argue more for the fact that Andrews didn't really "put a shift in". Putting in a shift in, the way I see it, is by putting forward a performance good enough for the level you are playing at. Keith Andrews constantly failed at that.

If you are happy for players to run around like headless chickens, proving largely ineffectual and more detrimental to the team than anything, then that's your prerogative. Don't speak for the rest of us by saying Andrews 'put a shift in'. He didn't. Much like Lowe didn't. If a man turns up for work and doesn't stop walking around the factory but doesn't produce anything of value in it the shift manager doesn't say "it's ok, at least he put a shift in". It's the same for footballers. Keith Andrews, Jason Lowe, Ashley Ward all got booed because they did the exact opposite of what you are claiming they did.

You never understood the original point, you still don't, but we digress.

4 hours ago, unleaded said:

Interesting quotes from the Bradford City money men on losing out to Blackburn for Adam Armstrong!   Bad Losers imho ...

Abbott on Adam Armstrong potential signing: We were interested and in the running to get him. But I know what Blackburn are paying him and the clauses in his contracts and we can’t and shouldn’t be paying that or having those clauses.

I remember the Doncaster chairman saying similar when Bowyer signed Chris 'Deadly' Brown :lol:

Hopefully like that it's just to cover their own arses in the eyes of their own fans although he's a Prem clubs player and he'd been loaned to the Champ so his wage contribution no doubt reflects that, he won't be cheap.

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Yep same. No sale.

Feckin Norwich?? Give over. He will stay and if we go up he’s at a much bigger club in the same league.  He can go in summer if we don’t go up

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Hopefully there are no clauses, shouldnt be dictated to by other clubs on how often we play players they dont want.

Most loan deals have clauses if players arent playing. 

The clubs loaning players want them playing regular or its pointless exercise. 

6 hours ago, unleaded said:

Probably bull - we are higher placed, he has played for the manager before and scored a ton of goals. We are only talking a portion of his wages here so its hardly big money. I suspect Armstrong wanted to come here rather than there - simples.

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Most loan deals have clauses if players arent playing. 

The clubs loaning players want them playing regular or its pointless exercise. 

Whilst I understand that you are getting back to the murky waters of partially picking teams based on financial reasons. Armstrong should not be given preference based on his loan agreement or parent clubs wishes. At the moment the shirt is Grahams to lose.

10 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Feckin Norwich?? Give over. He will stay and if we go up he’s at a much bigger club in the same league.  He can go in summer if we don’t go up

I would have agreed previously but they are probably a much better option than us at present. Bigger gates and better financial position. It’s an indication on how far we have fallen.

22 minutes ago, Ricky said:

I would have agreed previously but they are probably a much better option than us at present. Bigger gates and better financial position. It’s an indication on how far we have fallen.

Perhaps, but I'd be surprised if they'd stump up the cash needed to turn his head. Doesn't look like they're doing much this season, and parachute payments are going to drop after this season.

They could if they really wanted to, but as good as he's been this season, I doubt they'd want to spend most off the Pritchard money and a chunk of his wages on a player in league 1, even one as good as Dack.

24 minutes ago, Ricky said:

I live in Norwich and unfortunately have to agree with this, although it pains me to say it, at the moment they are a long way ahead of us in almost every aspect.

On the plus side I've heard no whispers concerning our young Bradley (yet) and the rumours here suggest the Pritchard money is likely to be spent on wide men and a striker.

54 minutes ago, Ricky said:

It sounds like Norwich might be in trouble financially if they don't get back to the Premier League. They're already looking like losing Pritchard and their CEO has warned of cutbacks if they don't go up. Delia will get grief as she's always tried to run Norwich on a sensible and sustainable footing in comparison to others.

Selling Dack would be pointless and would probably cost us promotion (we are not sure of it even with him, so without him I cant see it happening).

Surely, if you are the money men behind the scenes you would be doing everything possible to get promoted and then the silly money in the Champs would mean an even bigger bid for arguably our best player (one of our best three at least).

Still wouldnt sell him then but you know what this lot are like.

3 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Selling Dack would be pointless and would probably cost us promotion (we are not sure of it even with him, so without him I cant see it happening).

Surely, if you are the money men behind the scenes you would be doing everything possible to get promoted and then the silly money in the Champs would mean an even bigger bid for arguably our best player (one of our best three at least).

If we sell him we may forget about promotion, he is our main man from an attacking point of view. I can't see it happening under Mowbray. He would walk I'd say and you couldn't blame him. No chance it will happen bar crazy money being offered, even then, as you say, it could cost us in the long run if it means missing out on promotion. 

19 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Different ways the money men could look at it.

On the one hand if a Championship club came in with £2 million+ now they might decide that the profit there for 6 months 'development' is too much to turn down - tripling or even more their investment in the summer not bad going.

The alternative is that they take a longer term view - if we go up and Dack performs in the Championship then it might get one or two of the bigger boys interested and add additional value to him once he's proven at the level above.

Just now, JHRover said:

Different ways the money men could look at it.

On the one hand if a Championship club came in with £2 million+ now they might decide that the profit there for 6 months 'development' is too much to turn down - tripling or even more their investment in the summer not bad going.

The alternative is that they take a longer term view - if we go up and Dack performs in the Championship then it might get one or two of the bigger boys interested and add additional value to him once he's proven at the level above.

At the probable cost of promotion which would have been worth a lot more to them.

I would scoff at 2 million, though im just a mere football fan that does not want to lose one of my favourite football players.

Archived