BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Peterborough

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Lie_still_Rover said:

Was anybody else taken-a-back a bit at how poor Lenihan was yesterday? Thought he looked proper out of sorts.

Yes, he was poor at Gillingham too. Distribution awful and frequently outmuscled and out-manouevred. Odd because he was very good when he first came back. 

26 minutes ago, Lie_still_Rover said:

Was anybody else taken-a-back a bit at how poor Lenihan was yesterday? Thought he looked proper out of sorts.

Totally agree, he was all over the place.

17 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I'm not sure if anyone knows Mowbray's opinion on Gallagher (I don't remember him specifically referring to him when he left last season?) but I wouldn't be surprised to see him back at Ewood next season. I thought he showed signs of being a good CF/Target man at times. He was also very good when he played on the wing at Brentford in the role Mowbray has had Samauel and AA playing this season.

I disagree specifically regarding him being a good target man. For someone so tall, the lack of aeriel duels he won was really poor.

I didnt feel he set the world alight last season, and his records even worse this seaosn. Surely theres better out there than going back to someone who wasnt even that good.

That said, I do think that Mowbray likes a wide man whose primarily a striker, that said, when we have 2 ie last night we really lack width. Out wide has to be one of if not probably the main area to prioritize in the summer.

6 hours ago, Tom said:

Samuel did his job really well last night, really helped the team 

He played well when he came on in the bore-fest at Gillingham too. Linked up well and didn't give the ball away. The problem with him is he doesn't offer any attacking threat

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I disagree specifically regarding him being a good target man. For someone so tall, the lack of aeriel duels he won was really poor.

I didnt feel he set the world alight last season, and his records even worse this seaosn. Surely theres better out there than going back to someone who wasnt even that good.

That said, I do think that Mowbray likes a wide man whose primarily a striker, that said, when we have 2 ie last night we really lack width. Out wide has to be one of if not probably the main area to prioritize in the summer.

Yeah, he was 6 ft 1in but he jumped 5ft 10in.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

disagree specifically regarding him being a good target man. For someone so tall, the lack of aeriel duels he won was really poor.

I said he showed signs, which he did. There's more to being a good target man than winning aerial duels. He's a strong runner, he held the ball up well and he certainly won his fair share of headers.

35 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Can you name any better strikers please? 

For me, its the one area I think we will look foriegn market possibly to fill. Also looking forward to this new scouting system in place and who we sign  

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

For me, its the one area I think we will look foriegn market possibly to fill. Also looking forward to this new scouting system in place and who we sign  

No but I'd never heard of Bradley Dack before this season. There will be strikers out there.

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I've no idea whose available. 

Next season id like Graham, Armstrong back (who can also play wide) and 1 more.

33 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

No but I'd never heard of Bradley Dack before this season. There will be strikers out there.

I knew about him for 3 or 4 years ago. 

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I've no idea whose available. 

Next season id like Graham, Armstrong back (who can also play wide) and 1 more.

We need a target man striker, and Armstrong back. Add them to Graham, Nuttall and Samuel

10 hours ago, Husky said:

I'm puzzled as to why Danny '1 hour' Graham has managed to last 90mins on a couple of recent occasions.

Any ideas?

Good player management? Here’s Mowbray in the LT:

On that, Mowbray added: “Danny is a dilemma for me because sometimes I see him at 60 minutes and he looks as he though he’s treading water, he’s not 22 anymore.

“He finds the going hard, but you feel, particularly at home, as if he’s going to score a goal, nick a goal, out physical a centre half, so we kept him on.

“We left him on and it paid dividends in the end.

“That’s why there is a consistency of selection – I have some fantastic footballers kicking their heels, not getting a game, yet in these pressure situations you have to rely on your experienced players.

“They play every week and hopefully they can get us over the line.”

8 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

One could equally argue Wigan are flat track bullies. They failed to win at home against us, Shrewsbury, Rotherham, Bradford and Charlton - I’m sure they’d have swapped the 7-0 at Oxford for grinding out wins in those games.

They're top of the League! I don't think they'd swap anything!

15 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

One could equally argue Wigan are flat track bullies. They failed to win at home against us, Shrewsbury, Rotherham, Bradford and Charlton - I’m sure they’d have swapped the 7-0 at Oxford for grinding out wins in those games.

But at least their fans can relax in those games that they've won. We'd sit back and defend when we are winning. Thursday night's times for taking the lead prevented that at least. 

10 hours ago, Lie_still_Rover said:

He was much better in the 2nd half, like several other players he looked like a player who needed to calm down and just do the basics.

23 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Wow - one defeat in 32, odds-on to go up, and all some people can do is log on to moan about the moaners.  

Initially I was going to ignore this series of posts for obvious reasons but a couple of points struck me this morning. The other view on this is one defeat in 32 and yet a proportion of the fan base seem unable to find any comment to make other than the negative.

What, people not having the same opinion on a football messageboard? Stop the world, I can't cope....

Well, yes, it seems clear you don't accept other people have different views ultimately backing up your own argument by finding it necessary to insult those who do see the game and club differently. See below

Well done to all those who contributed to the thread last bight. Contributions are vital. Obviously not to everyone's taste but those contributions reflect the normal emotional responses you see on other MB's on match days. It's great that not everyone has to be 'positive' (non-thinking cabbage?) and can actually think critically. Obviously moaning for moaning's sake is never good but I don't really see it on here. All I see is people who overreact emotionally at times, like we all do.

What's far worse is the non-contributors who only contribute to knock the contributors, or those that think their opinion is somehow more valid than anyone else's. For shame.

The righteous will be rewarded in the kingdom of heaven. And with promotion in the kingdom of Bradley.

Up The Rovers, Up Opinions, Up BRFCS, Up yer arse, Up up up and away to the Championship.

GOING UP!!

No attempt to answer the view on the game but taking the opportunity to blame the man not the ball. As you say earlier the point is to have different views and discussion not to follow the crowd like sheep. All of which is why I wasn't going to bother to respond but changed my mind this morning.

Why can’t people moan on a message board? If it is cathartic for them, if they are glass half/fully empty folk then they will carry on regardless.

Are the players getting full throated support at the grounds? Yes, and that’s all that matters!

In football the things you are doing right take care of themselves. Every manager has to focus on the things that you aren't doing right. That's how I see the game. You have got to improve, you can't just rest on your laurels. I thought that was a great bit of skill from Dack to slot in the third goal but I was fuming when we conceded that stupid own goal to give them the lead. 

I wasn't on this board when we won the Prem but there would have been plenty of people content with that squad. I wasn't. We needed to strengthen in two first team positions. We didn't and paid the price for that with the disintegration of the team and a gradual slide down the league. You stand still in football at your peril. You are never good enough in my book, you can always get better.

Deciding what changes to make involves criticism.

23 hours ago, benhben said:

Brilliant win yesterday. Any more dropped points from Shrewsbury and its pretty much done. One thing you cant argue with is that this team keeps going until the end. I liked Grahams honest post match interview. Terrible first half for which we were lucky to only be 1-0 down. Its no coincidence that since bennett has gone to right back our pressing game is no where near what it was. Smallwood and Evans dont get around the pitch enough. Next season a high energy midfielder should be a target.

Derrick Williams for 99.99% of that game was utter garbage. Has the worst distrubution of any outfield player bar Antonsson I can remember. However he did pop up with two crucial headers which led to our goals so fair play. I just cant look at Williams and think Bell or an U23 left back wouldnt be an improvement. 

Lenhian is so important. Must keep hold!

Would that be league one team of the year left back Bell?

30 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Something about the crescendo of the Posh match felt like VE-day lite.

That third goal and celebration!

Need to keep pushing on until the job is done.

Yes Stuart and all three goal were excellent goals as well. Rovers were very, very good in that second half. 

Archived