Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
S8 & Blue

Other Football League 2018/19

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Scholes has resigned from Oldham already :lol: 31 days. 

It was probably a big eye opener to find out he wasn't the only 'manager' managing the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DE. said:

Scholes has resigned from Oldham already :lol: 31 days. 

I'm sure his reasons are legitimate. Simply because it's hard to believe someone could be worse than Dunn as a manager. 

Edited by Vinjay17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Husky said:

It was probably a big eye opener to find out he wasn't the only 'manager' managing the club.

Something iffy has gone on. However, Scholes doesn't strike me as a manager type either so he may have come to that conclusion himself and decided to chuck it in whilst it was easy to do so.

I still don't understand how he can part own Salford City yet be involved at another club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, speeeeeeedie said:

Something iffy has gone on. However, Scholes doesn't strike me as a manager type either so he may have come to that conclusion himself and decided to chuck it in whilst it was easy to do so.

I still don't understand how he can part own Salford City yet be involved at another club.

Think he resigned his directorship to take the Oldham job tbh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, K-Hod said:

Think he resigned his directorship to take the Oldham job tbh. 

He'll have to wait a while for his Universal Credit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, K-Hod said:

Think he resigned his directorship to take the Oldham job tbh. 

I didn't know that. Did he give up his shares too?

Anyway it matters not now does it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Husky said:

He'll have to wait a while for his Universal Credit.

Sure he'll be reyt for 6 weeks.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I didn't know that. Did he give up his shares too?

Anyway it matters not now does it?

He retained a 10% ownership in Salford when he took the Oldham job. I think there was also something about each club not being able to do transfer business with each other.

As you rightly say it doesn't matter now but I was surprised the EFL allowed him to have any interest in another club particularly one on the verge of promotion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are people surprised about the Football League not doing anything regarding all things suspect, iffy and potential conflict of interests? My impression was they are there to shove such issues under the carpet or smooth them over...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, arbitro said:

He retained a 10% ownership in Salford when he took the Oldham job. I think there was also something about each club not being able to do transfer business with each other.

As you rightly say it doesn't matter now but I was surprised the EFL allowed him to have any interest in another club particularly one on the verge of promotion.

If he was called Joe Bloggs instead of Paul Scholes , he probably wouldn't ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bowyer working his magic, battered 4-1 at home to Blackpool today 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tom said:

Bowyer working his magic, battered 4-1 at home to Blackpool today 

Bottom of L1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

The Blackpool team he built. 

Win-win for Gary. 

Chris Taylor sticking the boot in as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's an interesting article in todays " Sunday Observer " regarding 'Arry Redknapp. In it it states that he signed he signed Chris Samba for QPR on a four year contract worth £20 million !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Tom said:

Bowyer working his magic, battered 4-1 at home to Blackpool today 

Aren't Caddis and Payne at Bradford? How are such a big club struggling so badly at that level for so long 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Aren't Caddis and Payne at Bradford? How are such a big club struggling so badly at that level for so long 

Yeah, plus Hope Akpan as captain which probably gives an indication as to why they are struggling!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Yeah, plus Hope Akpan as captain which probably gives an indication as to why they are struggling!

He's only holding the fort until bolton fold and Jason Lowe returns to take the armband and drive them into obscurity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Aren't Caddis and Payne at Bradford? How are such a big club struggling so badly at that level for so long 

A lot of their troubles are being blamed on their ex-Chairman Edin Rahic who it seems was interfering in decisions and creating problems for them. He's now left but it is probably too late in the day.

I bet Bowyer was fuming on Saturday after being trounced by his former club managed by his former assistant.

Meanwhile strange goings on at Port Vale. Their owner went on local radio on Saturday and said he would fund them until May and then wouldn't put another penny in forcing them into administration. He also owns Vale Park under a different company and wants to sell the club without the ground so he can lease it back to them - recipe for disaster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rogerb said:

Walsall sack manager after 10 defeats in 13 games

Wonder how many of their fans think he should have been given more time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stuart said:

Wonder how many of their fans think he should have been given more time...

Loose against Derby and TM's record will be worse!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Loose against Derby and TM's record will be worse!

Don’t worry we’ve got Forest away after that.

 

😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.