BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

It is frustrating that there's little activity but we've been told the reasons as to why. Within City's squad alone there's 20 players who have had shortened pre seasons. We're obviously targeting a few Prem league lads who won't get the clearance until senior players report back to training early August  

With regards to Bauer/Armstrong - we're not willing to to budge from stupid valuations that'll eventually normalise towards the end of the window. These players haven't gone elsewhere and Mowbray refers to 'First' and 'Second' list meaning there is a plan in place. He's obviously holding firm and given the little activity around us, we're not being left behind. Frustrating, but we'll get them in late. 

What I find slightly odd is that we have no trialists playing for us during pre season. Surely if we were not confident of signing players then that is where we would go? 

The lack of pace is alarming. We need at least 3 winger/strikers 

• Like 1

Just now, imy9 said:

What I find slightly odd is that we have no trialists playing for us during pre season. Surely if we were not confident of signing players then that is where we would go? 

Interesting point. But you wouldn’t need to have trialists if you knew specifically what you wanted...

7 hours ago, 47er said:

YES! Went to that game, went absolutely ballistic when we won with virtually the last kick of the game. Wonderful, clinical goal from Santa Cruz but everyone who thinks Dunn wasn't a terrific player should look at that first goal.

Now that's what I call a shirt.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Neal said:

If its Josh Simms (doubtful) I've seen him play on a few occasions and thought he was excellent. Similar to Chapman. 

Sims would fit the profile. Question mark whether they would loan him since he's been used as an impact sub. However they bought Elynoussi this summer, and might consider a loan would be beneficial. 

Just now, briansol said:

Sims would fit the profile. Question mark whether they would loan him since he's been used as an impact sub. However they bought Elynoussi this summer, and might consider a loan would be beneficial. 

It would be a coup, still doubt they would let him go but perhaps they're looking at it thinking he needs a full season under his belt at this stage in his career. 

Be very surprised if we could get Sims, like someone said above, used as an impact sub a few times in the Prem. Did have an injury towards end of last year though so might benefit him having a full season playing some football.

1 hour ago, imy9 said:

There have been a number of trialists playing for the Under-18's and Under-23's in pre-season.  

31 minutes ago, BG1492 said:

Be very surprised if we could get Sims, like someone said above, used as an impact sub a few times in the Prem. Did have an injury towards end of last year though so might benefit him having a full season playing some football.

If he's the lad I think he is he looked very promising on the occasion I saw him play on TV.

10 hours ago, oozy_brfc said:

It is frustrating that there's little activity but we've been told the reasons as to why. Within City's squad alone there's 20 players who have had shortened pre seasons. We're obviously targeting a few Prem league lads who won't get the clearance until senior players report back to training early August  

With regards to Bauer/Armstrong - we're not willing to to budge from stupid valuations that'll eventually normalise towards the end of the window. These players haven't gone elsewhere and Mowbray refers to 'First' and 'Second' list meaning there is a plan in place. He's obviously holding firm and given the little activity around us, we're not being left behind. Frustrating, but we'll get them in late. 

You’ve got to remember that the prices clubs are paying are normal though. A couple of million for a second tier player is the going rate these days. A couple of hundred thousand- which is what we’re trying to get players at- is laughable. 

Isn’t a it frustrating that Venky’s most successful appointment is getting the least amount of transfer funding, out of all the absolute dross they’ve put in charge?

It makes me wonder how much Venky’s promised when they went over there? I do wonder though if Venky’s have put the cash up, but Waggot’s refusing to sign them due to the wages, because of  fears of financial fair play breathing down the club’s neck again. 

Edited by scotchrover
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

You’ve got to remember that the prices clubs are paying are normal though. A couple of million for a second tier player is the going rate these days. A couple of hundred thousand- which is what we’re trying to get players at- is laughable. 

Isn’t a it frustrating that Venky’s most successful appointment is getting the least amount of transfer funding, out of all the absolute dross they’ve put in charge?

It makes me wonder how much Venky’s promised when they went over there? I do wonder though if Venky’s have put the cash up, but Waggot’s refusing to sign them due to the wages, because of  fears of financial fair play breathing down the club’s neck again. 

At least we would have a transfer ban with some decent talent on the books!

• Like 1

How Derby have dodged FFP is beyond me.  They have spent highly for the last 3-4 years and their wage bill must be one of the highest in this division.

Edit:. Quite easily according to this article https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-financial-results-news-1391889.amp

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller
  • Like 1

It's my birthday today. Give me something to smile about Rovers. Sims from Southampton would definitely be a coup. If we could get him on loan, Chapman/Maddison on a perm then Armstrong on a perm and another striker on loan we'll be looking sooooo much better. 

• Like 5

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

At least we would have a transfer ban with some decent talent on the books!

Nobody is getting a transfer ban. At least not whilst the window is open. They'll probably wait until all the business is done and then embargo clubs in September when the consequences are nil.

Waggott should just be honest and say there's very little/no money in the pot for transfers and they want to do it on the cheap by bringing in low cost loans and a couple of hundred grand signings. It's Venkys money and ultimately their decision but just be honest about it.

Stop hiding behind FFP rules when it's clear that clubs who want to spend can do, stop saying things like we had a really good budget and had money left over in January which we chose not to spend.

I think Mowbray's priority was tying down Dack and Lenihan and keeping what we had and Venkys agreed to that, but sadly it has come at the expense of a reasonable transfer budget. Strange that Mowbray has spent what little money he has on a couple of midfielders neither of which have any pedigree at this level but then again both were cheap and have re-sale value which is what Venkys are into.

I'm extremely disappointed with the window to date. I didn't expect to be throwing fortunes around but thought they would reward Mowbray with a half decent budget that would at least enable us to recruit a higher calibre than the likes of Bolton and Ipswich. Seems we can't even go to their level now.

Time to prove me wrong and turn it around is rapidly disappearing. I consider Ipswich to be the start of the season not some Sky sports fuelled deadline day in a few weeks.  Points are won and lost when the season kicks off not when the window closes.

Just now, JHRover said:

Nobody is getting a transfer ban. At least not whilst the window is open. They'll probably wait until all the business is done and then embargo clubs in September when the consequences are nil.

Waggott should just be honest and say there's very little/no money in the pot for transfers and they want to do it on the cheap by bringing in low cost loans and a couple of hundred grand signings. It's Venkys money and ultimately their decision but just be honest about it.

Stop hiding behind FFP rules when it's clear that clubs who want to spend can do, stop saying things like we had a really good budget and had money left over in January which we chose not to spend.

I think Mowbray's priority was tying down Dack and Lenihan and keeping what we had and Venkys agreed to that, but sadly it has come at the expense of a reasonable transfer budget. Strange that Mowbray has spent what little money he has on a couple of midfielders neither of which have any pedigree at this level but then again both were cheap and have re-sale value which is what Venkys are into.

I'm extremely disappointed with the window to date. I didn't expect to be throwing fortunes around but thought they would reward Mowbray with a half decent budget that would at least enable us to recruit a higher calibre than the likes of Bolton and Ipswich. Seems we can't even go to their level now.

Time to prove me wrong and turn it around is rapidly disappearing. I consider Ipswich to be the start of the season not some Sky sports fuelled deadline day in a few weeks.  Points are won and lost when the season kicks off not when the window closes.

That would be an extremely silly and unprofessional thing to say. 

Derby get an average of 27,000 fans per home game. Lets say a ticket costs £25 pounds, with us having gates of around 12,000 fans per week, that is £375,000 per week more than we make. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel