BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, JacknOry said:

There are, Blackpool for one. Think he could do a job for us for a season and with Davenport potentially injured for a while - a spot might have just opened up for him.

I would love us to get Adam and get a season or 2 out of him. He was at the AFC Fylde v Blackpool friendly this week, could have just been watching a game or scouting Clubs.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

He still lives in Poulton-le-fylde, so his Missus will be all over the Blackpool move...

Blackpool have offered a pittance in comparison to us and Reading. Figures I have heard are a 1/4 of what we are offering and 1/6 of Reading.

Plus - a commute of Poulton to Brockhall is far less than Stoke or Liverpool.  

Just now, Stuart said:

I prefer that people use language in context and don’t need a nanny-filter to tell them how to behave.

I’m really not arsed either way, maybe it’s just because this site didn’t allow it for so long, just makes it stand out to me.

Just now, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Blackpool have offered a pittance in comparison to us and Reading. Figures I have heard are a 1/4 of what we are offering and 1/6 of Reading.

Plus - a commute of Poulton to Brockhall is far less than Stoke or Liverpool.  

I’m presuming he’s NOT coming here...

Just now, Mattyblue said:

I’m really not arsed either way, maybe it’s just because this site didn’t allow it for so long, just makes it stand out to me.

What stood out for me was that when the rules were relaxed the site didn’t automatically turn into a Facebook style site. There are a lot of great people on here who just don’t need to be censored.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Interesting day ahead. Adarabioyo is the young loan and Foderingham looks like the ‘other’ keeper being brought in. But that still leaves the no.1 Keeper Target (expected on loan / free) and an experienced CB to be conformed....

The Keeper is reportedly Carson but I think there’s potentially a massive twist here because of how quiet they’re keeping it. Sharpe doesn’t think their first choice is Carson anyway....

The defender has been rumoured to be Dann or Skrtel but again I think this is wide open..

What I am quietly confident about with the targets in mind, the references that TM made about Sheff United and the intro of Jonty into the first team squad is that we are developing into a three at the back with wing backs team. 

RCB - LCB = Adayarabioyo / Nyambe / Lenihan / New / Mulgrew / Williams. 

That leaves Magloire and Grayson to go on loan and play 30 odd games with a view to coming back next season. Wharton isn’t good enough imo.

Wing backs - Bennett / JRC - Bell / Hart

Good post, be happy with that scenario 

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

What stood out for me was that when the rules were relaxed the site didn’t automatically turn into a Facebook style site. There are a lot of great people on here who just don’t need to be censored.

Have to agree, its not like every second post is full of expletives as many might have predicted. In fact its very few and far between in my opinion. 

Just now, JacknOry said:

Have to agree, its not like every second post is full of expletives as many might have predicted. In fact its very few and far between in my opinion. 

Yeah and that’s in spite of the obvious differences in opinion. The forum is very good imo.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

They’ve been training in these positions....?

Again though, why not play the first few friendly with that formation?

Suppose it's possible that we could use it in our last 3 friendly, but I will bet anybody anything that if we try it against Charlton on the opening day that we're in for another Doncaster at home fiasco from this time two years ago.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

Just now, unsall said:

From F/B

32CD3AD4-613D-46B6-A4D1-EECDF130277F.png

Can’t make my mind up on this one.

Credible and experienced vs past it.

However, I don’t think we are in a position to be so choosy.

• Like 1

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Again though, why not play the first few friendly with that formation?

Suppose it's possible that we could use it in our last 3 friendly, but I will bet anybody anything that if we try it against Charlton on the opening day that we're in for another Doncaster at home fiasco this time two years ago.

Not sure mate. Only a hunch tbf. Maybe because we haven’t had the players available? First few friendlies are primarily just fitness (getting minutes). Maybe they’re looking to transition from 433. But the squad shape certainly lends itself to that formation...no out and out wingers. Fullbacks with legs who prefer going forwards than defending. If we add Ada plus another then we’ve got 6 who can play in those positions...interesting

• Like 1

From a neutral writer, thoughts people? https://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/blackburn-can-spring-a-surprise/169114?aff=1197317997&dcmp=SL_TWITTER_BLACKBURN1807

Just now, Stuart said:

Can’t make my mind up on this one.

Credible and experienced vs past it.

However, I don’t think we are in a position to be so choosy.

Agree, don’t think we will know if big improvement till we see him in action, probably preferred Ruddy who I believe was first choice a couple of months ago, but fairly happy with Carson if he signs.

Just now, Tugayisgod said:

Rich Sharpe saying Carson is not the front runner for new GK position

Haha that could mean the Rangers lad might be first choice, with a younger one coming in as well, confused is the word?

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
51 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I’m no prude, I can slip expletives into any sentence in real life, but I always liked how this place filtered or Kean-ed them. Gave the place a bit of class, I always thought, in comparison to other forums.

Not to pick on you, Matty, this just seemed the best post to quote....

Josh can probably put more meat on the bones with this, but re the swearing: We are saying that unless it's an insult directed towards a person, then it's pretty much fine, as long as people don't overdo it. We know that this sort of thing is very subjective, so nobody should feel like they have to!

Also, a couple of more points:

I've noticed a bit of text speak creeping into posts. Can we stop this, please? (i.e.- you being dropped for the letter 'u'). We know what the correct spelling is, so let's do that, eh?

Can we keep threads on topic as well? Quite a number of posts unrelated to transfers or this thread have been creeping in that always escalate.

Thanks again everyone, happy Friday!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I don’t particularly rate either Bennett or Bell as out and out fullbacks but I do think they’re both very well suited as wing backs tbh. 

A wing back has to be able to defend, Bell upto now has shown no ability to do this.

• Like 3