Neal

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Rothwell----Oxford, not the same as the Championship. You do realise that Nyambe at 21 is 2 years younger than Rothwell?

12 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

I'd still like us to sign Alan Judge. He's the kind of creative Att Mid we could do with. 

Never recovered after his leg break.

Not sure he's what we need.  

Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Young as in terms of first team experience.

He's 21!! Seems young to me full stop!

Just now, Amo said:

Freeman is like judge but maybe better. Always liked him. Gets goals, takes a good set piece. Exactly what we need. Brought up at Arsenal 

Frankie Kent at Colchester big 6.3 centre half raised by arsenal and schooled in Essex been a standout in league 2. Ball playing centre half who’s done well under ex Burnley centre half McGreal.

Sammie Smozdics looks another Dack/Rothwell type but still looks a cut above, I’d take him, he’s on a free too.

Edited by Scotland1

7 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

He should play ahead if bennet no matter how old he is. That sort of stuff needs to change. Square pegs round holes to keep his mates happy.

Totally agree but seems to have the offical role of Team Scapegoat

Totally agree but seems to have the offical role of Team Scapegoat

Bennett has the 6 most successful tackles completed stat in the whole of the championship, not to mention he can cross usually some Nyambe struggles with greatly.

Just now, Scotland1 said:

Bennett has the 6 most successful tackles completed stat in the whole of the championship, not to mention he can cross usually some Nyambe struggles with greatly.

Bennett can't cross. He floats the ball to the back post regardless of what is required . Did you see that effort against Norwich?  

Grant you the tackles stat does surprise me though

Edited by dingles staying down 4ever

Bennett can't cross. He floats the ball to the back post regardless of what is required . Did you see that effort against Norwich?  

One effort isn’t exactly indicative though.

Id have to disagree, generally he gets forwards and does ok, we’ve scored a few this second half of the season due to his balls in.

Problem position could be centre midfield. Reed & Rodwell gone. Two genuinely talented players who should've played there more. 

That only leaves Travis, Evans, Smallwood, and the untried Davenport. 

Smallwood should be moved on but if we dilly-dally this summer there's every chance he'll still be here come August.

18 minutes ago, Amo said:

He's 31 in November as well so at the wrong end of his career unfortunately. It's a shame he wasn't properly utilised when we brought him back to the club in the 13/14 season. Not a Bowyer type player sadly, with a different manager in charge he could have really helped push us forward. He only lasted half a season under GB. I believe Judge signed a new 2 year deal at Ipswich last month so I imagine he's there for at least the next season. If they fail to get promoted I could see him moving elsewhere if he has a good year.

Just now, Amo said:

Problem position could be centre midfield. Reed & Rodwell gone. Two genuinely talented players who should've played there more. 

That only leaves Travis, Evans, Smallwood, and the untried Davenport. 

Smallwood should be moved on but if we dilly-dally this summer there's every chance he'll still be here come August.

Evans/Travis/Davenport might be an acceptable three to rotate in those positions. If it was up to me Evans would never have been given a new contract but now that he has I fear we'll have little choice but to try and make use of him. 

As for Smallwood, unless we release him on a free I can't see much interest in his services. Another one whose new contract will hinder the need to move him on.

4 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

So we keep playing him until he is what 25 or 30? At what stage does he become experienced? I'd say 2.5 seasons should be enough

The whole point of my post was that we haven't kept playing him!!

Whether he's experienced or not he's still one of those young players who hasn't played enough! Are you still saying he isn't young whereas Rothwell is?

Just now, DE. said:

Evans/Travis/Davenport might be an acceptable three to rotate in those positions. If it was up to me Evans would never have been given a new contract but now that he has I fear we'll have little choice but to try and make use of him. 

You really think the three of them will be enough to carry us through a 46 game season if we harbour any hopes of promotion? 

15 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Nymabe with more first team experience!

105 1st team appearances for Rothwell, 97 for Nyambe!

But bizarrely we seem to be agreeing! You say above he's been the scapegoat and I agree!

Should have played more-------yes?

Just now, Amo said:

You really think the three of them will be enough to carry us through a 46 game season if we harbour any hopes of promotion? 

Unlikely, but we have so many other positions that need addressing that I'm not sure how many we can realistically expect to bring in at CM. Especially if we can't shift Evans or Smallwood. We might get one more in, a loan perhaps, but that would likely mean Davenport going back out on loan. I am not optimistic.

I think that despite our lack of depth in CM we need to sell Evans and Smallwood quickly and look to buy 3 CMs. Two CMs who are first teamers and a covering player

In defences we need at least two depending on our budget. Priorities are a another CB and LB. Nyambe might have some potential due to his age but Bell has shown he isnt up for this league IMO.

Having Chapman fit again will be like a new signing on the wing but we still need 1 forward to add a bit of depth. Graham is getting older and an injury to him leaves us knackered.

We need to hope we keep hold of Dack for another year. Although saying that I can't see an obvious destination for him apart from the relegated Prem Clubs spending the cash to go right by up,  Huddersfield?.

1 hour ago, 47er said:

We also need to stop changing the team every week and we need everyone playing in their best positions

Said exactly the same myself. 

Ben Whiteman at donny wins Donny player of season and fans player of season. Been in for talks with TM. Better than most of our midfield 

Edited by Sparks Rover

Best signings for me would be Reed and Rodwell. Why does Mowbray look any further when he's unlikely to find better? 

Look at Burnley (not that I want to). They got promoted by playing the same eleven week in week out.

We need to spend pre-season figuring out this new style, pick and eleven that works and go with it. No experiments, goalkeeper changes, players playing for the sake of it or random resting.

Thats what most teams get wrong in this league.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Best signings for me would be Reed and Rodwell. Why does Mowbray look any further when he's unlikely to find better? 

Rodwell is a busted flush

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Isn't it the case that Reed wants to impress the new boss at Soton and isn't interested in a permanent move to Ewood?