BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

The game could have finished 5-5 as both teams squandered chances but aside from the win there were several pleasing aspects. Rothwell is one of them type of players who excites me. Running at pace directly at defenders is something we haven't had for a while. Not everything he tries comes off but I can live with that. He has scored again but today's is goal of the season. Williams was really good again today and links well with Lenihan. Travis was good again and worked between the penalty areas with some good tackles and passing. Graham did well but I expect that now. Raya though once again showed me why we need a new keeper. We were coasting and his elementary error gives them a lift. For me he is far too unreliable. His shot stopping is excellent but coming for crosses and off his line is poor.

Delighted with the win and if Mowbray is true to his word we should see some youngsters in the last four games.

I like Raya but since he got that boot in the face he's not been the same player. Apart from the flap that led to their goal today he spilled a simple shot in the first half. It was a ball he should have swallowed yet he managed to push out all along the ground right in front of goal. He was lucky a defender got a boot to it first.

3 hours ago, CD_93 said:

On the highlights you can make out Mowbray screaming "CORRY EVANS" as the recipent prances around backwards, pointing in to empty space, making himself increasingly unavailable.

I noticed that. Go on Mogga.. I’d expect a minimum 4 points from the next two games away at QPR and at home too an awful Bolton side, and if Norwich have secured promotion by the time we go there then we could leave Carrow Road with something. If we finish the season well and we can go in to the summer with that feel-good factor again then hopefully next season will be a good one! Nothing like a couple of wins after so many defeats too increase optimism a bit again.. I like TM and although I have my doubts, not as intense as some on here mind, I really hope he gets it right this summer. COYB. 

• Like 1

Just now, Butty said:

I noticed that. Go on Mogga.. I’d expect a minimum 4 points from the next two games away at QPR and at home too an awful Bolton side, and if Norwich have secured promotion by the time we go there then we could leave Carrow Road with something. If we finish the season well and we can go in to the summer with that feel-good factor again then hopefully next season will be a good one! Nothing like a couple of wins after so many defeats too increase optimism a bit again.. I like TM and although I have my doubts, not as intense as some on here mind, I really hope he gets it right this summer. COYB. 

Sod that.

There will be no feelgood from finishing 12th. If anything it will add to the frustration if we go on a great run now.

We have nothing to gain in chasing results. We are safe, start planning for next season.

Thank fork for that. Rovers over the line now and Tony can start his prep for new season against QPR.  Rovers dug deep, and despite some nervy moments we held on.  Forest have their own issues, and if the new management for them stick around, I fear the worst for Forest.  As for Rovers, Rothwell showing why he will be big for us next season.  Still has that surprise factor about him, most clubs aware of Dack now, however Rothwell still unknown to most.  Need to patch up or defense and get some more experienced bodies in to support the talented youth.  Thoughts from the gaffa, the fans and more. 

• Like 2

Watched the highlights as well as the game live.

I usually back Raya but he had a nightmare at Forest. Goal was awful and no idea how Bennett was thought to be og for it.

Rothwell Williams Lenihan all immense. Evans was as limited as everyone is commenting. Would like to see Rodwell get a game in the Evans slot if Reed is not fit at the Easter weekend.

Nuttall is less than half the player DG is.

Brereton doesn't look like a footballer until he gets on the ball. Frustrating...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, philipl said:

Watched the highlights as well as the game live.

I usually back Raya but he had a nightmare at Forest. Goal was awful and no idea how Bennett was thought to be og for it.

Rothwell Williams Lenihan all immense. Evans was as limited as everyone is commenting. Would like to see Rodwell get a game in the Evans slot if Reed is not fit at the Easter weekend.

Nuttall is less than half the player DG is.

Brereton doesn't look like a footballer until he gets on the ball. Frustrating...

Watch again. Raya flapped at it but it wasn’t going in until the 90-degree deflection off Bennett’s chest.

Nuttall isn’t far off being half the age of Graham and has about 5% of his experience. Graham isn’t a brilliant footballer but can finish - as can Nuttall. It’s his experience that puts him in the right place at the right time and he has learnt how to play with his back to goal.

• Like 1

Poor by Raya for their goal. He needs to get stronger over the summer. He's beaten to the ball too easy at times. I think Lenihan gave him a bollocking after it by the looks of it. 

Pity Dack missed the one on one. If he gets to 20 this season,thats impressive his first season. Especially considering he can play better and more consistantly. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stuart said:

Sod that.

There will be no feelgood from finishing 12th. If anything it will add to the frustration if we go on a great run now.

We have nothing to gain in chasing results. We are safe, start planning for next season.

Well I’d feel a lot better finishing 12th than 17th. We don’t want too be that team who finishes the season poorly and takes that into next season. Positive vibes only 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 47er said:

And if we are good its down to Mowbray's managing and if we are crap its not his fault?

I'm not sure where you got that from but I've never said that at all. When we've been in good run of form most people on here are fairly sanguine without getting carried away (with one or two eye rolling exceptions). We've been  terrible  this calendar year and I've posted on here that the managers position had become untenable. I just haven't said it about 500 times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deryck guyler's spoon said:

I'm not sure where you got that from but I've never said that at all. When we've been in good run of form most people on here are fairly sanguine without getting carried away (with one or two eye rolling exceptions). We've been  terrible  this calendar year and I've posted on here that the managers position had become untenable. I just haven't said it about 500 times.

And I never said what you said I said you tedious person.

You've brought Biz back I note, for good or ill.

12 hours ago, Commondore said:

How did Nuttall get on, any signs he'll be able to stay and fight for a place next season?

Did OK but simply not good enough. Needs a league 1 loan to learn on someone else's time, not ours. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stuart said:

Sod that.

I would say planning for next year should include chasing results. Get Buckley, Butterworth and Davenport in. It just feels like we have a lot of players who need game time, so it's up to Mowbray to only use those who are part of his plans. I would love to know who he would be happy enough to let leave. 

As for league position, 12th looks much better than 17th and I don't see how a winning run at anytime could be frustrating. 

I won’t be full of the joys of spring for winning a few dead rubbers.

However, teams that end seasons badly, often start the next one in the same vein, so a potential charge to 12th can only be a positive... not a bad thing for season ticket sales either.

• Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would say planning for next year should include chasing results. Get Buckley, Butterworth and Davenport in. It just feels like we have a lot of players who need game time, so it's up to Mowbray to only use those who are part of his plans. I would love to know who he would be happy enough to let leave. 

As for league position, 12th looks much better than 17th and I don't see how a winning run at anytime could be frustrating. 

Agreed, in that if bringing in new players leads to poor results, thats not an ideal sign!

For me, the 4 players I want to see in are Chapman, Rodwell as a central midfielder, Nyambe and Davenport, in that I suspect they are 4 players not currently playing that I think could have the best chance of playing the biggest parts in next season. The key is that there is no need to have the likes of Evans and Smallwood in the 18, as the likes of Butterworth would be better served in there.

• Like 2

Re Raya: How do we expect a young keeper to improve when his GK coach has never even been a professional GK. 

However, he needs to let Lenihan have first crack at anything outside the 6-yard box... as even if the attacker wins it I don't expect him to be beaten by a header from 8-12+ yards.

4 points behind Preston - that's the aim for me now. Keep playing Rothwell, Dack, Reed and Travis and keep playing positive football and all will be positive going forward if we can finally get past the blind loyalty phase with L1 players.

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

Re Raya: How do we expect a young keeper to improve when his GK coach has never even been a professional GK. 

However, he needs to let Lenihan have first crack at anything outside the 6-yard box... as even if the attacker wins it I don't expect him to be beaten by a header from 8-12+ yards.

4 points behind Preston - that's the aim for me now. Keep playing Rothwell, Dack, Reed and Travis and keep playing positive football and all will be positive going forward if we can finally get past the blind loyalty phase with L1 players.

Me too. At the start of this season I wanted us to top the mini league of us, PNE, Wigan and Bolton. I would be very happy if we can pass PNE.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

A winning run at this stage, having pissed away our chances by playing Evans and Smallwood, would be annoying.

Let’s get something out of this season, and that’s building for next. Brereton needs to be given some starts.

Just now, Stuart said:

A winning run at this stage, having pissed away our chances by playing Evans and Smallwood, would be annoying.

Let’s get something out of this season, and that’s building for next. Brereton needs to be given some starts.

But surely winning whilst (incrementally) experimenting would be better than losing whilst experimenting?

I'd like to see Nyambe over Bennett, Chapman along with Dack and Rothwell, and Rodwell (CM) and Davenport both given chances alongside Travis.

Just now, Stuart said:

A winning run is a winning run. I do get you though. Although even with our best 11 I don't think we would have made the play offs. 

100%, get Brereton in now. Absolutely no reason why not. 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

But surely winning whilst (incrementally) experimenting would be better than losing whilst experimenting?

I'd like to see Nyambe over Bennett, Chapman along with Dack and Rothwell, and Rodwell (CM) and Davenport both given chances alongside Travis.

Oh ya now you're talking. I would like this against Bolton 

Rodwell Travis

Chapman Dack Rothwell 

BRERETON 

• Like 3