BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

if we somehow manage to get promoted(highly unlikely but strangely possible)i hope uncle tony does`nt go to far on the sentiment front,can`t imagine any of the current squad bar lenihan and travis coping with top flight football?

They'd be grateful for the double your money 3 years contracts he might bestow on them though ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if we somehow manage to get promoted(highly unlikely but strangely possible)i hope uncle tony does`nt go to far on the sentiment front,can`t imagine any of the current squad bar lenihan and travis coping with top flight football?

Nyambe, Holtby, Armstrong, Dack

• Like 1

The club will always lack proactivity and common sense under Venkys, theres no getting away from that.

They can hide behind the excuse that they are waiting to see what division they are in to avoid being proactive bringing in transfers but thats always been the case under them. And this supposed reason is shown up when they have activated a clause to extend Bell's contract when he is as far from a Premier League player as they come. If they were really putting everything on hold in case we made an unlikely promotion, which is flawed because even if you did that having a couple of Championship standard players pre-agreed is hardly the end of the world and the promotion chances are against us mathematically, you would be consistent with that and tell Bell to wait. If he goes elsewhere, you could say the same for the players we are holding off.

The Smallwood and Hart situation is again a joke and spitting in the face of the fans who it has previously begged to refrain from asking for £60 back to save the club.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers are assessing Morgan Fox as a possible signing. Source is the Lancs Live website

Surely its a false rumour because we are waiting until the end of the season?

Also, it brings the extension to Bell's contract into further disrepute. Surely this guy is better than Bell if he is genuinely being considered, so surely let Bell go, sign this fella on a pre contract, and if we do somehow get promoted, we can get someone better and have Fox competing with him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Morgan Fox got pelters from Sheff Weds fan in a "Who would you keep?" poll.

Injury prone, over rated and inconsistent were the terms used. He'll fit right in with your history of left backs then.

I never said we should sign him. Indeed Mowbrays quotes about not being able to offer contracts yet means the rumour is clearly false.

I was just pointing out more the flaws in Venkys repeated lack of proactivity and also why on earth we gave Bell a new deal.

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Surely its a false rumour because we are waiting until the end of the season?

Also, it brings the extension to Bell's contract into further disrepute. Surely this guy is better than Bell if he is genuinely being considered, so surely let Bell go, sign this fella on a pre contract, and if we do somehow get promoted, we can get someone better and have Fox competing with him.

The article says assessing the player not that we are signing him. 

Rovers recruitment team will be looking and scouting players. All because you are scouting players or link to player doesn't mean you will sign every player. 

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I never said we should sign him. Indeed Mowbrays quotes about not being able to offer contracts yet means the rumour is clearly false.

I was just pointing out more the flaws in Venkys repeated lack of proactivity and also why on earth we gave Bell a new deal.

I wasn't replying to you, it was a general comment

• Like 1

Smallwood & Hart extensions  are very suspicious deals .... Venkys asleep again .

Wonder what there Man on the ground do all day ... Tony & His sidekick doing what they like .. New Faces but same old story 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I've seen him plenty.  I can't understand why we even bought him. Very average, I'd go as far as saying he's not professional standard and i think he will end up down the conference.   

If that League One side we loaned him to (was it Southend? Rochdale?) were happy with him, how can he not be professional standard?

5 hours ago, Damien said:

I think I read somewhere that he just wanted to keep the group together. I don’t think he kept them around to play. I know some of you will hate that and I understand why. However, I think it shows the class of the man to want to keep the squad together until the end of the season. 
I could imagine if some players had left before the conclusion of the season, it could adversely affect squad morale. 
Better to keep the group together and then say farewell properly. 

That’s my understanding of the situation.

It shows his class. I don't believe the club should spend actual money for him to show his class. I don't buy the morale angle when it comes to peripheral man Sam Hart, who has mostly been loaned out in his time here.

TM's brief is to look after the team, sure, but Waggott should be putting the brakes on pointless deals as his brief is to look after the club itself. We all know why he won't.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I've seen him plenty.  I can't understand why we even bought him. Very average, I'd go as far as saying he's not professional standard and i think he will end up down the conference.   

We signed him 3 years ago. And barely played for us. Got to go after the season

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, unleaded said:

Smallwood & Hart extensions  are very suspicious deals .... Venkys asleep again .

Wonder what there Man on the ground do all day ... Tony & His sidekick doing what they like .. New Faces but same old story 

Fair to say Mowbray could at the very least have phrased this better, given that fans are being asked not to request refunds on their tickets.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18541762.mowbray-not-willing-cast-players-aside-save-quid/

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
21 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Fair to say Mowbray could at the very least have phrased this better, given that fans are being asked not to request refunds on their tickets.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18541762.mowbray-not-willing-cast-players-aside-save-quid/

The state of the first comment....

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

The state of the first comment....

After reading that guff how can he not offer Smallwood a new contract. When Mowbray says good in the dressing room I can only think he means Brockhall because both Smallwood and Hart haven't been in the match day squad for the months.

Poor from Mowbray in my view.

• Like 6

Its definitely a disgrace how things have unravelled off the pitch in the last few weeks.

With Sam Hart, that is the most open and shut case. He isnt even eligible to play, there is no way you can justify any extension to his contract. Smallwood is clearly mentioned as one for the dressing room, as @arbitro says he hasnt been in the squad all season. Again, as a business the simple decision is not to renew his contract.

The most debatable ones are Samuel and Leutwiler. Samuel is very much on the fringes, has barely done anything in a Rovers shirt and Leutwiler is incompetent back up but at least has senior experience. If the club really is as skint as it makes out, perhaps we could do without them too, every penny and all that.

Downing and to a lesser extent Graham I totally understand being extended.

Mowbray is perhaps very lucky that the journalists are not ones who will really push the questions, for example mentioning the issue of guilt tripping funds not to demand refunds and how that all ties in.

I dont think these quotes show him in a particularly good light considering he has in the past tried to empathise with the fans and their working class backgrounds etc, showing a little bit of ignorance, but ultimately the main issue was committed by those above.

I could think of a few questions that could be asked, however we don’t have ‘journalists’, I.e reporters with a nose for a story covering Rovers. It’s all about maintaining access through promoting a cosy relationship between the club and local media.

The likes of Bayes and Sharpe just tee up some soft questions that will create a few decent quotes for next day’s paper/radio report.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

Senior players will all be due a contractual bonus if we reach the play offs. Normal business. A bigger bonus if we went up.

What sort of human would Tony be if he suddenly deprived players like Smallwood of a potential windfall for the sake of a month which isn't the fault of the players that the season was delayed.

This will be the fact of the matter whether we like it or not.