Was rugby played on the pitch recently? It's looks pretty bumpy. 

Ya,this is what Michael O'Neill does. There is a reason he made Northern Ireland relatively successful with the players at his disposal. 5 at the back when out of possession and look to hit on the break. Luckily their better players appear short on confidence. I think there are a couple of goals here for us 

@AspRover Stoke are struggling with Gally's aerial ability. He's won virtually every header sent to him when we've gone long. He's worked hard, too, but largely to no avail. Playing a bit more centrally than normal I think.

Arma has been his usual brilliant self. At one point there were around five Stoke players trying to get the ball off him and he ended up winning a free-kick out of it (and nearly getting away from them all in the process). He's on fire. Our main hope for a goal.

Rothwell lively so far, and I've noticed an improvement in his defensive duties.

Johnson needs to step up his game. He seems quite lackadaisical for my liking, especially given that the current injury crisis is his chance to stake a first-team claim. He's looked generally disinterested, but I recall a good few games whereby I thought the same.

Edited by Yoogo

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

What do you have against Yorkshire?

Nothing really, but boro think they are entitled to be a bigger club, Huddersfield for the season we went down and they laughed, hull just because it’s scabby and they thought they were safe, sold their best players and now in danger 

Poor half. Tinkering Tony strikes again. 

Fingers crossed for a more balanced look about the side second half.

Graham on after an hour will change this. Win it 2-0 after looking like a draw all night 

Johnson looks like he is running in treacle. Need some magic from someone

Edited by Fraserkirky

Boro losing and Wigan winning means the former are only out of the relegation places on GD now. Barnsley also winning. 

If you were one of the 20 people who spent £99 on a snoozer six ticket you will be cold and pretty pissed off right now.

Just now, Yoogo said:

@AspRover Stoke are struggling with Gally's aerial ability. He's won virtually every header sent to him when we've gone long. He's worked hard, too, but largely to no avail. Playing a bit more centrally than normal I think.

Johnson needs to step up his game. He seems quite lackadaisical for my liking, especially given that the current injury crisis is his chance to stake a first-team claim. He's look generally disinterested, but I recall a good few games where I thought the same.

Cheers  - here's hoping we've got them rattled. I'm stuck down on the south coast with no way of watching so am a bit reliant on the mesageboard for analysis!

Got a horrible feeling that Tony Mowbray is going to cost us another 2 or 3 points at the worst possible moment of the season.

What was wrong with going with the Charlton and Brentford teams?

Just now, AspRover said:

Cheers  - here's hoping we've got them rattled. I'm stuck down on the south coast with no way of watching so am a bit reliant on the mesageboard for analysis!

£5 deposit and 50p bet on Skybet will give you live coverage if you have that option. 

A long diagonal ball to SG on right wing straight from kick off. Sigh. 

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Was rugby played on the pitch recently? It's looks pretty bumpy. 

Ya,this is what Michael O'Neill does. There is a reason he made Northern Ireland relatively successful with the players at his disposal. 5 at the back when out of possession and look to hit on the break. Luckily their better players appear short on confidence. I think there are a couple of goals here for us 

Rugby damages a pitch less than football does. 

Just now, DE. said:

A long diagonal ball to SG on right wing straight from kick off. Sigh. 

... Who won his header, and no other player (Arma, namely) thinks to read it.

Sponsor

Messing about at the back now and causing ourselves all kinds of problems. Keep it simple lads, for goodness sake.

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

Johnson Downing and Gallagher off

Rankin-Costello Samuel and Buckley on 

Thought he'd have brought Graham on.

Stoke should be fighting for their lives here, only 1 point off the bottom 3 with Wigan winning, Barnsley winning away too.

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

Johnson Downing and Gallagher off

Rankin-Costello Samuel and Buckley on 

Would be very surprised if timid Tony has ever made a triple sub on football manager. Let alone in reality. Still think we will win though.