Sign in to follow this  
philipl

Swansea City home

I think that late equaliser is psychologically really important. Keeps the self belief flowing at an important time. 

14 minutes ago, Hasta said:

No. That's close to getting "in the mix".

We are always at a stage where "if we win today and win next game we will be top 6".

Most people believe we have a chance of getting into the play offs if we hit a constant run of form. Most people don't believe we will get there.

What are you on about? Being in the mix basically means ‘In and around’ or ‘In with a chance’ which is literally where we are right now.

We are not ‘close to being in the mix’. We are in the mix for the playoffs and by definition close to the top six

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

What are you on about? Being in the mix basically means ‘In and around’ or ‘In with a chance’ which is literally where we are right now.

We are not ‘close to being in the mix’. We are in the mix for the playoffs and by definition close to the top six

How far down the league would you define as being "In the Mix" at this current time?

I'd say to Bristol City, as they have already been there and have been dislodged by Preston. Down to Derby probably have a chance of challenging, but aren't really in the mix.

We are always 2 or 3 games off breaking into the top 6 IF results go our way.

Edited by Hasta

Tin hat time, thought Rothwell was poor today, he shows willing by dropping deep and showing for the ball but his end product was miles off 

19 minutes ago, Hasta said:

How far down the league would you define as being "In the Mix" at this current time?

I'd say to Bristol City, as they have already been there and have been dislodged by Preston. Down to Derby probably have a chance of challenging, but aren't really in the mix.

We are a.ways 2 or 3 games off breaking into the top 6 IF results go our way.

Mate we are 3 points off play offs what the fuck else would you call in the mix.

13 minutes ago, Tom said:

Tin hat time, thought Rothwell was poor today, he shows willing by dropping deep and showing for the ball but his end product was miles off 

I’m in the OldEwoodBlue League 1 show pony camp. The only times he looks good are running sideways across midfield. When he gets near the box his head down, quick short touches running style fails because of increased traffic. Can’t cross and two poor shots today. I really don’t see what he brings to the effectiveness of the team.

1 hour ago, AAK said:

Because preston have played away to 1st and 3rd. Once they have a couple of home games theyll be well clear.

Then you look at the Wigan result!!

8 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I’m in the OldEwoodBlue League 1 show pony camp. The only times he looks good are running sideways across midfield. When he gets near the box his head down, quick short touches running style fails because of increased traffic. Can’t cross and two poor shots today. I really don’t see what he brings to the effectiveness of the team.

I agree. No end product at all.

37 minutes ago, Tom said:

He’s an outlet though and he carried the ball in a forward trajectory. What I’d like to see is players showing for the ball and giving him an option.

You don’t need a tin hat. He’s largely disliked on here anyway. Mowbray is clearly undecided and that’s good enough for plenty of folk.

Prediction: he won’t be here next season.

Just now, Stuart said:

He’s an outlet though and he carried the ball in a forward trajectory. What I’d like to see is players showing for the ball and giving him an option.

You don’t need a tin hat. He’s largely disliked on here anyway. Mowbray is clearly undecided and that’s good enough for plenty of folk.

I dont think hes disliked, most people put him in their team predictions but quite honestly his output in terms of end product has been non existent this season.

Just now, Stuart said:

Another prediction: he won’t be at a club that finished higher than us

Just now, Stuart said:

I like that he tries to make things happen he was just wasteful today, he’s another that’s better suited centrally though 

25 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

Mate we are 3 points off play offs what the fuck else would you call in the mix.

I’m not even sure if this isn’t a wind up!! 🤣🤣

I think Rothwell is not the finished article. 

He has good speed over 10 -20 yards, fast feet, good control, attack minded, we'd be foolish to let him go as there is a real player in there.

37 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

You have asked a question whilst quoting the answer 😉

Edited by Hasta

Sponsor
5 minutes ago, Doug said:

He has good speed over 10 -20 yards, fast feet, good control, attack minded, we'd be foolish to let him go as there is a real player in there.

Not sure there is, meant to be an attacking threat that doesn’t chip in with either goals or assists . Looks good without being effective. 

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Eh? we’re 3pts off 6th with a better goal difference. That’s the literally the epitome of ‘in the mix’ isn’t it? 🤦🏽‍♂️🤣🤣

Nope, in the mix means "included", so to be in the mix in this context means being in the top 6. We're not. 

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Mowbray on Graham taking the penalty

Pretty much just saying he leaves it up to the players and what happens happens. I think he has said much the same in the past.

Bollocks to that. Take some responsibility man and elect a taker. Maybe that striker who banged in the last two he took in recent games. Selfish from Graham and inept from Mowbray 

40 minutes ago, Doug said:

Agreed. Playing time will polish the final ball / decisions, but he has the potential to be key.

In the mix = top six

It even rhymes. Suppose at the min it's best described as 'on the fringes'.

Rothwell's not looking as if he's up to much. We're crying out for a flair player but he just flatters to deceive I feel.

In the mix is ‘in contention for’

If you were talking about who is likely to win Wimbledon this year you may say Djokovic is favourite but Nadal and Agassi are also in the mix (my tennis references are somewhat out dated)

We are well and truly in the mix at the moment, you wouldn’t say only those currently in the play off spots are in the mix to be there come May

Edited by Tom

Just now, Tom said:

In the mix is ‘in contention for’

If you were talking about who is likely to win Wimbledon this year you may say Djokovic is favourite but Nadal and Agassi are also in the mix (my tennis references are somewhat out dated)

We are well and truly in the mix at the moment 

We've as much chance as Agassi.

43 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Not sure there is, meant to be an attacking threat that doesn’t chip in with either goals or assists . Looks good without being effective. 

The managers job is to develop this. I'm sick of players not progressing.  He needs quality ahead of him to offer that wall.

At the moment his final ball or use of the ball is off but that will flick like a switch with confidence.  That is down to Mowbray and his motley crew to give him the confidence 

59 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Another prediction: he won’t be at a club that finished higher than us

For a player of Rothwell’s skill and ability, it’s pretty damning that Mowbray and his staff haven’t been able to develop him. He certainly hasn’t had the kind of patience that Armstrong has enjoyed, let alone setting up the team to get the best out of him, a la Dack.

Although, I can’t think of many players who have developed under Mowbray. Travis, although credit for that goes to David Dunn of all people, and Nyambe, who looks to be turning into a very capable right back (yet was sacrificed today), and the aforementioned Armstrong, who appears to be a Mowbray favourite, given how long he was given during his barren spells. Three players. There are more that have left the club in that time, let alone ones who are not yet near their potential or even past their best - or even just plain average.