BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

8 minutes ago, rigger said:

So another load of pure speculation 

No I think it's pretty factual that without those 5 we would be in trouble. You seem to be struggling with the difference between commenting on squad strength and saying players will leave. I'm talking about squad strength not whether they will leave. 

For example if I say without a car I would struggle to do my job I am not predicting the car is going to break down or crash, but rather staying an essential for the job. To dismiss such a statement as pure speculation totally misses the point. It's not about likelihood but capability. 

Likewise in both cases said capacity issue could occur and it's worth thinking on the risks or probability issues. That's what others are talking about, how likely are we to need to sell? Whilst there is a huge element of uncertainty - we can't see into the future - evidence can be weighed up and judges conclusions made. Also scenarios can be formed - of X then Y. Admittedly there is an element of speculation to this but one based on reason and probabilities. 

So, apart from totally misunderstanding my post, since you don't seem to like any sort of uncertainty I would suggest this perhaps isn't the best  thread for you! 

6 minutes ago, 47er said:

If we sell them then the last 3 years will have been a lie. We won't have been "building" at all will we?

Exactly.

Players like Samuel, Bennett, Williams, Bell etc should be the ones shown the door and the long term strategy should have been to upgrade on those, not flog our best players that we should be building the team around.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

I personally think that out of those five only Armstrong may go for anywhere 5 million. Nymabe is not even a permanent fixture in the team and Dack will need to prove his fitness before anyone will buy him. Lenihan has too many mistakes in him for anyone to pay big money for him.

What is with the negativity today? Armstrong and Dack are easily worth more than £5 million now and Lenihan not far off it. Didn't Sheffield united bid £4.5 million for him last summer? 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

What is with the negativity today? Armstrong and Dack are easily worth more than £5 million now and Lenihan not far off it. Didn't Sheffield united bid £4.5 million for him last summer? 

It's probably going to prove the case that with many clubs forced sellers transfer fees below the very top level will reduce.

8 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

No I think it's pretty factual that without those 5 we would be in trouble. You seem to be struggling with the difference between commenting on squad strength and saying players will leave. I'm talking about squad strength not whether they will leave. 

For example if I say without a car I would struggle to do my job I am not predicting the car is going to break down or crash, but rather staying an essential for the job. To dismiss such a statement as pure speculation totally misses the point. It's not about likelihood but capability. 

Likewise in both cases said capacity issue could occur and it's worth thinking on the risks or probability issues. That's what others are talking about, how likely are we to need to sell? Whilst there is a huge element of uncertainty - we can't see into the future - evidence can be weighed up and judges conclusions made. Also scenarios can be formed - of X then Y. Admittedly there is an element of speculation to this but one based on reason and probabilities. 

So, apart from totally misunderstanding my post, since you don't seem to like any sort of uncertainty I would suggest this perhaps isn't the best  thread for you! 

I certainly don’t like these uncertain times

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I was going off current cost. Do you think Travis would bring in more of a fee than Lenihan? 

I think at the moment he would definitely.

That was the summer before our league one campaign, apart from that I haven't seen a sniff of interest in Lenihan since. He's one of our better players don't get me wrong but i'm not convinced he's good enough for the top flight.

11 minutes ago, 47er said:

If we sell them then the last 3 years will have been a lie. We won't have been "building" at all will we?

I would agree we should be building around them.

A building strategy is always a silly idea, as things change. If you have a chance for promotion you go for it whenever it arises as you may never get another chance.

• Like 2

That was before Corvid 19 so it is time to see what effect this will have on prices but lets be realistic. The only figure I saw for Lenihan was 2.5 mill, which I think is more like the price a defender with no premiership experience will bring.

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think so

So another genuine question, please dont get offended, but if the loan is agianst Venky's London where can it raise capital if not Rovers so technically whats the difference if the loan is against Rovers or Venkys London?

Edited by dingles staying down 4ever

2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I think at the moment he would definitely.

That was the summer before our league one campaign, apart from that I haven't seen a sniff of interest in Lenihan since. He's one of our better players don't get me wrong but i'm not convinced he's good enough for the top flight.

No chance IMO, not right now. 

• Moderation Lead
5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Whilst I agree that they should command greater fees than those, it’s not necessarily just about what someone is willing to pay, as much as it’s about what Venky’s are willing to accept....

33 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Mark Robins said Coventry city will have the lowest budget in the league on Saturday when he was a guest on Final Score. SISU have also been asset strippers for years, selling any good players/promising prospects as soon as they can. It's surprising they've spent any money at all so far.

Wycombe less of a budget

1 minute ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

That was before Corvid 19 so it is time to see what effect this will have on prices but lets be realistic. The only figure I saw for Lenihan was 2.5 mill, which I think is more like the price a defender with no premiership experience will bring.

Do you really need examples of defenders without PL experience moving for more than that? It will be interesting to see if prices go down that much, but back in January 2.5 million wouldn't get you a top League 1 defender 

Just now, K-Hod said:

Whilst I agree that they should command greater fees than those, it’s not necessarily just about what someone is willing to pay, as much as it’s about what Venky’s are willing to accept....

Of course and we don't know their thoughts(not even Mowbray seems to!) but I don't think they are going to start selling cheaply whilst Mowbray is here. 

Of course and we don't know their thoughts(not even Mowbray seems to!) but I don't think they are going to start selling cheaply whilst Mowbray is here. 

If history is any indicator, he won't have a say. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Exactly.

Players like Samuel, Bennett, Williams, Bell etc should be the ones shown the door and the long term strategy should have been to upgrade on those, not flog our best players that we should be building the team around.

Some if not all of those should have been moved on before now but that's not how he works. I think some of the 'i build football clubs' spiel is a covering line for him keeping all the pals together.

• Like 1